Air Jordan 38

IMG_9820.gif

So y’all telling me it went over my head that the shoe is designed to mimic Mj’s fadeaway and the separation that he created??

IMG_20230909_112959.jpg
finally got to see them, and let me tell you, daddy like! The materials and build look and feel awesome, I especially like the tongue. Didn't try on. To bad about the outsoles separation. Wonder if it wasn't designed with the cuts in it if that could have been remedied. Don't know if that is there for the xplate function or just looks

IMG_20230909_112959.jpg
finally got to see them, and let me tell you, daddy like! The materials and build look and feel awesome, I especially like the tongue. Didn't try on. To bad about the outsoles separation. Wonder if it wasn't designed with the cuts in it if that could have been remedied. Don't know if that is there for the xplate function or just looks
I'm beginning to think the separation issue could have been the result of having the outsole glued on the cushlon foam which is very soft. I think it was the same problem with those UA Curry 6 outsole peeling off as well. as far as fraying is concerned, that would be the quality of the rubber compound.

Last edited:
Wore my pair the last two days casually. Did quite a bit of walking in them yesterday. Super comfortable, but I definitely need to break them in a little bit more. Had some slight pinky toe rubbing on my left foot where the black part of the midsole shoots up, but it wasn't bad and went away with walking. Really hoping mine don't separate, but just kind of playing around with it, I can absolutely see why it's happening.

Nah,nah,nah. No Nike air on 8s. I'm big on the callback details. Fuzzy Jumpman on the heel might have been the icing on the booty, I mean the cake.
These aren’t 8s, they’re 38s, and the whole callback to the corresponding old models thing is barely applied anymore, anyway. None of the past few models have really looked like the old ones. NA simply would’ve looked cooler on these than the heel Jumpman.

These aren’t 8s, they’re 38s, and the whole callback to the corresponding old models thing is barely applied anymore, anyway. None of the past few models have really looked like the old ones. NA simply would’ve looked cooler on these than the heel Jumpman.
I don't even pay attention to those so called callbacks. What concerns me is that they look good, materials are good and look good, reliable, comfortable and well thought. I'm quite sad though that these could have been almost perfect if they didn't went cheap on the glue and rubber. JB really need to talk to their contractors.

I disagree. The inspiration on the 30 series Jordans has been similarly present on 31-38. Even going back to the 31, they never looked exactly like the original models but you can see the design influences and nods to the originals. That said, I agree with you that the 38 is not the 8, and they don't need to keep all the cues consistent.

Back
Top Bottom