Air Jordan 38

Jb shouldn’t have ****’ed it up with jimmy man.

Quite literally, thee PERRRRRRRRFECT guy to carry the brand.

heat jerseys match the wht/blk/red colorways too.

IMG_8003.jpeg

Major case of, what coulda been.

Dude BALLIN OUT…

Jimmy Butler doesn't sell kicks

Controversial viewpoint: I actually prefer the 37 over these. It’s not because they’re bad; in fact, they look quite nice. However, from a design perspective, they appear rather plain and conventional. Not Surprisingly, many people seem to appreciate them, which is a rarity. Personally, I believe a new Jordan should evoke a sense of unease when worn, even if it means being deemed “ugly” by others. I’ve always appreciated that aspect, and I’m not particularly fond of how safe these are.

That color reminds me of the Kobe x majors. Ex got them for me and l tried to like them so bad but couldn't get into the color and sold them.

Controversial viewpoint: I actually prefer the 37 over these. It’s not because they’re bad; in fact, they look quite nice. However, from a design perspective, they appear rather plain and conventional. Not Surprisingly, many people seem to appreciate them, which is a rarity. Personally, I believe a new Jordan should evoke a sense of unease when worn, even if it means being deemed “ugly” by others. I’ve always appreciated that aspect, and I’m not particularly fond of how safe these are.
Trolling so hard :rofl:

Yeah, but respectfully no. Jordans have been somewhat polarizing since day 1, for sure. But the 37s are trash from a design standpoint. There’s nothing elegant about them and that won’t ever change. I despise the 15 but I could always see and respect what Tinker did there. 37s? Just more burlap-sack disjointed gutter trash. Again, just from an aesthetic design standpoint.

It’s not controversial. You clearly have little to no understanding of what makes good design from a aesthetically pleasing point of view. The fact that you state that the 38 is plain and the 37 is the daring/unease design just proves the point. Just look at the 38’s midsole. We’ve never seen a jordan sig that type of midsole design and then you compare that to the 37 midsole and think the 38 is plain? Really??? Looking at the uppers is the same difference. The 37 has a couple of zigzags and then a bunch of lenoweave. The 38 uppers are way more interesting by FAR. BY FAR! The 38 has the leanoweav/flightknit?, the all black ankle pieces each with a different design, the back of the shoe has a great shape, the toebox and eyestay appear to be leather with some new stitching technique, and then the outsole X that stretches up into the midsole.

Your comment is, by leaps and bounds, one of the most ridiculous misinformed posts on design I might have ever seen in these forums. If you like the 37 more, cool. But don't come in here and state the 38 is plain. A third grader would know thats not true LMAO…

It’s not controversial. You clearly have little to no understanding of what makes good design from a aesthetically pleasing point of view. The fact that you state that the 38 is plain and the 37 is the daring/unease design just proves the point. Just look at the 38’s midsole. We’ve never seen a jordan sig that type of midsole design and then you compare that to the 37 midsole and think the 38 is plain? Really??? Looking at the uppers is the same difference. The 37 has a couple of zigzags and then a bunch of lenoweave. The 38 uppers are way more interesting by FAR. BY FAR! The 38 has the leanoweav/flightknit?, the all black ankle pieces each with a different design, the back of the shoe has a great shape, the toebox and eyestay appear to be leather with some new stitching technique, and then the outsole X that stretches up into the midsole.

Your comment is, by leaps and bounds, one of the most ridiculous misinformed posts on design I might have ever seen in these forums. If you like the 37 more, cool. But don't come in here and state the 38 is plain. A third grader would know thats not true LMAO…
My point was about the feelings a new Jordan model should evoke, which involves some degree of discomfort or unease. The 38 doesn't do that FOR ME. We all know Tinker, D'Wayne, and others would hold focus groups, and if consumers liked them too much, they would intentionally change them to push boundaries. This isn't necessarily about a shoe being obnoxiously daring in its design but more about challenging what's expected in a way that sparks a strong reaction. I am not saying they are horrible; I like them, as they are easy to like.

The appeal of design or beauty is inherently subjective. A third-grader likely understands that as well. For example:

"Hopefully the terrible response that the 37 got helped guide the direction of the 38 away from the see-through panels. I liked the return of the carbon fiber shank plate on the 37, just didn't like much else."

- 2396bullz 03/16/2023 post#5 Jordan 38

"These are nice! These were what Tatum was wearing. Curious about the tech. Also, since its supposed to be huarache, these should be super comfortable!"

- 2396bullz - 06/07/2022 Post #390 AIR JORDAN XXXVII (37) first look

We all know Tinker, D'Wayne, and others would hold focus groups, and if consumers liked them too much, they would intentionally change them to push boundaries.

Where is this documented? I've been into this stuff since 1989 and have read just about everything you can read on the subject, and I don't recall ever hearing this until now. I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm genuinely interested to know where this statement comes from. It's possible I forgot it, if I did ever hear it.

Where is this documented? I've been into this stuff since 1989 and have read just about everything you can read on the subject, and I don't recall ever hearing this until now. I'm not saying you're wrong but I'm genuinely interested to know where this statement comes from. It's possible I forgot it, if I did ever hear it.
I’m also curious as I’ve NEVER heard they’d change the designs based on a focus groups reaction.

It's interesting that none of the players signed to Jordan Brand remaining in these playoffs hasn't worn a variation of this model yet since companies normally try to generate hype and attention for pending models during the playoffs.

Jimmy Butler doesn't sell kicks

This is true because the VI in Timberwolves colors that were supposed to be tied to him sat in stores a few years ago when he was with the brand.

He even left the brand before his contract ended to end up with a Chinese brand, Li-Ning.

For sure, no worries.

It’s been in interviews from both Tinker and D’Wayne Edwards over the years. The last one I was at with D’Wayne Edwards was at an All-Star Game event put on by Neon Rodeo, a Field test event. He talked about it extensively. I’ll try and find it.

My point was about the feelings a new Jordan model should evoke, which involves some degree of discomfort or unease. The 38 doesn't do that FOR ME. We all know Tinker, D'Wayne, and others would hold focus groups, and if consumers liked them too much, they would intentionally change them to push boundaries. This isn't necessarily about a shoe being obnoxiously daring in its design but more about challenging what's expected in a way that sparks a strong reaction. I am not saying they are horrible; I like them, as they are easy to like.

The appeal of design or beauty is inherently subjective. A third-grader likely understands that as well. For example:

"Hopefully the terrible response that the 37 got helped guide the direction of the 38 away from the see-through panels. I liked the return of the carbon fiber shank plate on the 37, just didn't like much else."

- 2396bullz 03/16/2023 post#5 Jordan 38

"These are nice! These were what Tatum was wearing. Curious about the tech. Also, since its supposed to be huarache, these should be super comfortable!"

- 2396bullz - 06/07/2022 Post #390 AIR JORDAN XXXVII (37) first look
NO. This isn’t about what’s subjective. If you like the 37 more than the 38, good for you. It’s about the adjectives you used. Specifically “plain” , “safe” and “unease( controversial)”. You CLEARLY cannot grasp the ideas that come with the words YOU used. LOOK at that x plate that goes from the outsole to the midsole? HOW is that plain and safe? We’ve never seen that in a Jordan before. LOOK at the midsole of the 37. It’s a regular midsole. Speak specifically to the outsole /midsole of the 38. It cannot possibly be plain and safe compared to the 37.

I’ll go so far as to say beauty is objective NOT subjective. Great design is great design for a reason: it has an objective beauty that cannot be argued. Symmetry is objective.

Nice quoting me. I can think a shoe is nice upon the first couple of looks and then 9 MONTHS LATER, while analyzing the look and different color ways, realize that the design was not at a very high level for a jordan sig. And, the 37 is still better looking than a lot of other shoes out there, just not compared to the other sig models.

Those 6s sitting weren’t that great and that was also a period of time when majority of releases sat and hit disco.

Back
Top Bottom