Air Jordan 38

issue already:

1693372335746.jpg

Now I’m extra glad I ordered from NDC LOL

The comparison between the step in comfort of the 37s to the 38s is like night and day. My only hope is that the Cushlon doesn’t bottom out quick, but at least there’s a zoom strobel to help offset that. Once that foam in the heel for the 37s goes, that’s a weird *** set up for cushion lmao.

The comparison between the step in comfort of the 37s to the 38s is like night and day. My only hope is that the Cushlon doesn’t bottom out quick, but at least there’s a zoom strobel to help offset that. Once that foam in the heel for the 37s goes, that’s a weird *** set up for cushion lmao.
that's my only concern about the 38 Cushlon. it felt like Lunarlon which is fantastic. but if it has the limited lifespan of Lunarlon, then that would be terrible.

Outside of clear translucent being awful traction wise, it’s amazing that those Fiba’s, not having been out that long and are already starting to show signs of yellowing on the bottom.

Hopefully there are more color ways like the aquas that have colored translucent outsoles. Doubt we get any solid outsole general release pairs, because the new tech is the X-Plate and translucent shows that off. XDR maybe the only option on getting a solid outsole on this model. As detailed in other posts we know how hit or miss the size options are with the no easy return option.

Outside of clear translucent being awful traction wise...
I really don't get why people keep on saying that... Maybe on a few retro models? and that was so true for the 31's, but after that I really can't agree with this statement.

I put countless hours on indoor courts almost daily year round and I wear my retros on court from time to time as well as all recent years iterations on rotation and here's my personal experience:

As far as traction goes, the 32 were ok but picked up dust very easily, at least the traction was way better than the 31.
The 33 were simply awesome in that department.
34 can't say cause I didn't own any that had translucent soles
35 were just great
36 not as great as the 35 but still pretty descent and very consistent even on dusty courts
The 37 that everybody like to hate on for their design had solid outsoles but didn't provide better traction than the 36.
Every review I saw on the 38 on youtube, except for one really early one only(which might have been fakes) stated that the 38 have great traction. All the guys here, unless I missed some posts seem to be happy with traction.

***on top of that I must mention that I own PF versions of the 35 and 36 as well and I see ZERO difference in traction between the ones with translucent and (PF) solid outsoles.

Not loving translucent soles and wanting solid ones is one thing and I agree it be good to move away from translucent outsoles for a change for a little while, but for aesthetic purposes only and especially since the quality varies so much in regards to yellowing resistance from one J's model to another or a specific retro version vs its past versions sometimes.

Last edited:
I tried em on again at the store just to be thorough nd i think the heel cushioning is too caged. Also, the upper ankle area is a lil too bulky for me.
while the rear cushion could have been better, it is still good. I don't find it caged though and had multiple shoes that are "bulky" compared to the 38s. so far, the 38 is proving the hype. glad I skipped the 37 lows.

Well i think it’s mostly the big tongue that I don’t like. Nd i just can’t really feel the foam in the heel on initial try on compared to shoes like the kd16 nd freak 5’s

Well i think it’s mostly the big tongue that I don’t like. Nd i just can’t really feel the foam in the heel on initial try on compared to shoes like the kd16 nd freak 5’s

I'm just thankful they stopped putting giant-*** pull-loops on the tongues (and heels). That trend sucked big time :lol:

NDC just finally shipped my pair, looks like they arrive Saturday. That'll be a great start to the holiday weekend, can't wait to rock these.

Very notable that in the comments on DGHoops video there's a person that talks about having sole separation issues, and DG says he pulled at his and has that same issue (but feels like it's his fault since he pulled at it) so he pinned the comment for awareness. Hope it doesn't happen to me. Guess I'll have to not even shoot around in these outdoors only cause I don't feel like doing a return and I'm betting they'll be fine on indoor courts.

Let us know how it goes.

Let us know how it goes.

Probably gonna have to take em outside cause I don't have indoor access for a couple weeks. From the looks of it these joints might just fly off my feet :emoji_sweat:

Not that it wasn't completely obvious to anybody who looked at the sole, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned this when the shoe first got revealed. Bout to go back and look.

Back
Top Bottom