Air Jordan 38

Been playing in my FIBAs (XDR) for around 4hrs total. Really comfy, awesome traction out of the box. Will probably need more break in time but these feel plush compared to the 37s (which I also love playing in). Reminds me a bit of the 31s.

37 = bouncy
38 = plush

So far no sole seps, not even signs of give on the particular corner/outrigger. Hope this post ages well. :lol:

IMG_2347.jpg
IMG_2426.jpg

Been playing in my FIBAs (XDR) for around 4hrs total. Really comfy, awesome traction out of the box. Will probably need more break in time but these feel plush compared to the 37s (which I also love playing in). Reminds me a bit of the 31s.

37 = bouncy
38 = plush

So far no sole seps, not even signs of give on the particular corner/outrigger. Hope this post ages well. :lol:

IMG_2347.jpg
IMG_2426.jpg
Are you from the 🇵🇭? Noticed those car plates and hardwood floors from a mile away :lol:

This is the assurance that I needed. I'll try to cop a pair sometime this week, hopefully they're sturdy enough to last at least 1 game lol

Told y'all several pages back don't buy these. Save yourself the hassle of going through the return process. Such a shame cause these perform really well and look amazing.

Are you from the 🇵🇭? Noticed those car plates and hardwood floors from a mile away :lol:

This is the assurance that I needed. I'll try to cop a pair sometime this week, hopefully they're sturdy enough to last at least 1 game lol
You know it. haha. Keep your receipt in case of returns, got mine off of a reseller for below SRP so no returns for me. :lol: Need more playing time to confirm if my pair is immune to the issue.

I won't be able to play in mine for at least a few months now...but I've been doing alot of thinking after seeing all the pictures here and it pains me because if it were just for me I would have tried it already if I only could...

do you guys think that removing some material, on the lateral and medial side the part that flares out from the outsole near the ''x'', either by cutting or dremeling it more even with the midsole would maybe solve the issue?

That would help reduce the odds of it getting stepped over, maybe less twisting and tearing when pivoting or preventing the outsole from coming unglued when being ''pulled'' repeatedly on lateral foot drag or while stopping on a dime.

Anybody willing enough to try it on theirs?

I won't be able to play in mine for at least a few months now...but I've been doing alot of thinking after seeing all the pictures here and it pains me because if it were just for me I would have tried it already if I only could...

do you guys think that removing some material, on the lateral and medial side the part that flares out from the outsole near the ''x'', either by cutting or dremeling it more even with the midsole would maybe solve the issue?

That would help reduce the odds of it getting stepped over, maybe less twisting and tearing when pivoting or preventing the outsole from coming unglued when being ''pulled'' repeatedly on lateral foot drag or while stopping on a dime.

Anybody willing enough to try it on theirs?
I've been wondering if after that piece comes loose does it lead to more peeling/loosening or tearing away on the outsole, or does it just stop there and the outsole remains intact

Want to buy a pair of 38s, just waiting to see if the outsole issues will be addressed/corrected by Nike. Not sure if they even will at this point but it’ll be nice to get a durable pair of these.

Want to buy a pair of 38s, just waiting to see if the outsole issues will be addressed/corrected by Nike. Not sure if they even will at this point but it’ll be nice to get a durable pair of these.
Since they did nothing about the 37s, I don't see anything happening with these.
Interesting that not much being mentioned on other platforms about this issue .....
Watched the wings game last night and appeared that SS had the lows on ?
Still looking for any pictures.

But th
Since they did nothing about the 37s, I don't see anything happening with these.
Interesting that not much being mentioned on other platforms about this issue .....
Watched the wings game last night and appeared that SS had the lows on ?
Still looking for any pictures.
But they kinda did, when they switched away from that Lenoweave material for the 37 Low's. Not saying it was a good decision, but they did something.

Not saying that, just that lows had different upper materials as highs. Because of Grant Williams busting through highs or not, still different.
The materials on the lows was planned and not the result of the William's blow out.
The current question is if they will correct the future 38 mids.
We've seen JB upgrade the Luka and others and raise the price so maybe they will upgrade the glue and increase the price.?
Becoming harder to be a loyal customer.

Back
Top Bottom