Air Jordan 38

The materials on the lows was planned and not the result of the William's blow out.
The current question is if they will correct the future 38 mids.
We've seen JB upgrade the Luka and others and raise the price so maybe they will upgrade the glue and increase the price.?
Becoming harder to be a loyal customer.

Agree with you there 100% bro, no question about it. Having been an loyal customer myself since the 13's, and it's getting harder and harder to justify the price point for such an low quality product year after year.

Last all around great product for me from the JB flagship line was 32s, those had basically every aspect (for me) covered.

Since they did nothing about the 37s, I don't see anything happening with these.
Interesting that not much being mentioned on other platforms about this issue .....
Watched the wings game last night and appeared that SS had the lows on ?
Still looking for any pictures.

Nope, looks like Luka 1s

1695233490806.png

I won't be able to play in mine for at least a few months now...but I've been doing alot of thinking after seeing all the pictures here and it pains me because if it were just for me I would have tried it already if I only could...

do you guys think that removing some material, on the lateral and medial side the part that flares out from the outsole near the ''x'', either by cutting or dremeling it more even with the midsole would maybe solve the issue?

That would help reduce the odds of it getting stepped over, maybe less twisting and tearing when pivoting or preventing the outsole from coming unglued when being ''pulled'' repeatedly on lateral foot drag or while stopping on a dime.

Anybody willing enough to try it on theirs?
I doubt it. I didn’t have sole separation where a huge chunk was separating from the midsole. I had tiny pieces of the rubber break/chip off. I think the rubber compound on the clear soled Fundamentals are really bad. Not durable at all and just chip off. Go back several pages and there’s pics of other people having little chunks just rip off. Not even near the problem area. So the issue is likely threefold:
  1. Poorly designed
  2. Cheap/low quality rubber
  3. Cheap/low quality glue

Want to buy a pair of 38s, just waiting to see if the outsole issues will be addressed/corrected by Nike. Not sure if they even will at this point but it’ll be nice to get a durable pair of these.

Unless they fix the issue and drop a good colorway along with it I’ll move on. Nike must of had Creed over at headquarters doing quabity assuance for the 38.
Agreed. They fix the issue and a nice colorway, I’m in. But until then, I’m passing like Mike to Kerr in game 5 of the 97 finals.
I won't be able to play in mine for at least a few months now...but I've been doing alot of thinking after seeing all the pictures here and it pains me because if it were just for me I would have tried it already if I only could...

do you guys think that removing some material, on the lateral and medial side the part that flares out from the outsole near the ''x'', either by cutting or dremeling it more even with the midsole would maybe solve the issue?

That would help reduce the odds of it getting stepped over, maybe less twisting and tearing when pivoting or preventing the outsole from coming unglued when being ''pulled'' repeatedly on lateral foot drag or while stopping on a dime.

Anybody willing enough to try it on theirs?
For a $200 shoe, the experimentation should already be done by R & D. Buying extra products to make a shoe comfortable is like when people were buying the Bron 11 for the insole and adjusting it to fit in the Kobe 9. When it just should have been something longer lasting than lunarlon in the first place.

A white pair similar to that one is definitely the type of colorway I'm looking for. Maybe cut down some of the red , implement some red in other areas
Yeah, but this is like a verbatim transfer of the Air Jordan 8 colorways onto the 38. Seamless representation. Without the clunky boot, heaviness and straps. If only they found a way to incorporate that really cool iconic 23 stitched onto the straps on both of these.

Back
Top Bottom