Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

Yea these are a smash hit in this color !
The red ones are nice too
Right with you. The black pair and the red pair are the only two that catch my interest as far as what has been revealed so far. Not even going to mess with hooping in clear translucent, that is on the other seven pairs. Stopped that practice years ago, never goes well.

That lack of midfoot shank picture is interesting. Can't remember which budget model Bron it was that had a different setup (shank wise or lack thereof), than the legacy pair and it was night and day. Got rid of those immediately. Need to get these on foot and see some reviews as well.

Last edited:
If I had to take a guess it would be like the 34 se a different version of the regular 39

I'm just curious where this thought process is coming from? Every other pair has been listed as "Air Jordan XXXIX Nickname." But for some reason with that "Edge" listing you guys have decided it's not a nickname, it's an entirely different shoe?

I'm just curious where this thought process is coming from? Every other pair has been listed as "Air Jordan XXXIX Nickname." But for some reason with that "Edge" listing you guys have decided it's not a nickname, it's an entirely different shoe?

The reason is the listing. Could be just an error on the part of J23, but doesn't seem like it.

First two releases have the name of the shoe in bold on one line, then the colorway underneath in regular font in quotation marks.

Like this:

Jordan XXXIX
"Sol"​
Jordan XXXIX
"Black/Sail"​

Then for that shoe, it says:

Jordan XXXIX Edge
"Volt"​

So it does seem like the XXXIX Edge is some kind of variant of the 39, in a Volt colorway.

ADVERTISEMENT​
Like I say before it could probably been a different version of the 39 like back when they released the 34 and then release the 34 se
Screenshot_20240724_141655_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240724_141735_Chrome.jpg

Will probably just grab the black pair at retail. Size 13 is always a pain for me to get out here in Europe. Have had terrible luck the past 6 months even finding shoes that I want in my size 😅

How is the cushioning?

I'm an explosive player that prefers max cushion and even the GT Jump 2 failed on me. The outsole ripped in half at two different locations where the zoom pods are located so I need new shoes.

I'm curious if the combination of zoomx + full length zoom is enough or is the stack of zoomx too low profile and inadequate for me.

How is the cushioning?

I'm an explosive player that prefers max cushion and even the GT Jump 2 failed on me. The outsole ripped in half at two different locations where the zoom pods are located so I need new shoes.

I'm curious if the combination of zoomx + full length zoom is enough or is the stack of zoomx too low profile and inadequate for me.

cushion is INSANE

however, if you shredded gt jump 2...im not sure these would be more durable than a model thats specifically geared towards more powerful players

Back
Top Bottom