Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

Right off the bat, in Paris on behalf of Jordan Brand. Didn’t they do something similar with the 29’s at Jordan’s gym at the Chicago house? Where Tim Grover was there as well. If so, they really did reach back to the 29’s for inspiration.

Edit, they did. Biased reviews again it seems.

This video is a decade old and he stated JB stopped inviting him to stuff because he has been so critical of them. Also if you watched the video you'd see what shoes they drew inspiration from with this model.

Wasnt alluding to who was invited or not invited, just was speaking on they haven’t had one of these events that was public knowledge since the 29 that I could remember. Video was for reference.

Last edited:
Exactly smh… I seen that this morning and went into dicks on my lunch break and got the white ones. These feel amazing
Can’t wait to give these a go on Sunday
IMG_5015.jpeg

IMG_5016.jpeg

Nice. How do the 39s feel underfoot compared to the 38 lows for you?
the 38s are a tad bit lower to the ground to me than the 39s. 38s always had a really nice bounce to them from the zoom and cushlon setup. But it didn’t feel super bouncy to me to where I felt my feet were being overstimulated from the bounciness like the 36s for example. The 38s to me felt like the perfect balance of the zoom explosiveness and the plushness without you feeling tippy or like your foot is sinking into the shoe.

Now the 39s feel more plush than bouncy and explosive. And I like that a lot. To me it seems like it’s targeted to have a subdued, stable and be better with impact protection type of setup.
Also they are not high off the ground either they feel really under control. I ran on the treadmill with them for an hour and my feet felt great after lol which to me is a testament to the protection they provide to your feet and joints.

Light, comfortable, fits well sized half up. Design and material wise, this is an iteration of the 38, rather than something completely new; my only disappointment. Wouldn't be surprised if these were designed at the same time as the 38 and the Zion 3. Unless that is something they do typically and it should be no surprise to begin with.

Got them today at Nike on 5th ave. FSR. A tourist family saw the box and asked "what is this type 39 everyone is buying", and after they were told what it was they bought two pairs, sight unseen.

Looks like the black pair is dropping on shoepalace in the morning. I need to find an EU site...

Looks like the black pair is dropping on shoepalace in the morning. I need to find an EU site...

I hope they drop somewhere else too. Not interested in messing with SP.

****s got botted or something. Or loaded with only like 7 sizes, and sold out. smh

Back
Top Bottom