Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

Pics from this article. These are nice man. Just about every colorway. I didn’t even realize that one was sail/purple.

IMG_3227.jpeg

IMG_3228.jpeg
IMG_3229.jpeg

Another positive hit piece with softball questions. They are really leaning into this R and D thing and having MJ involved in the process. As much as they mentioned the 38, would have been interesting if they asked about the 38 X- plate issue and got a response on that.

Tried them on in the store today and wasn’t too impressed with the cushion. With the stock orthotics and my personal orthotics and felt nothing. Once that so called marathon foam they keep talking about bottoms out these are going to have a totally different feeling like the Kobe 4’s had when the lunarlon bottomed out. Will wait for performance reviews from my go to people, but not too impressed so far. From the 30’s to the 39’s, nothing is topping the cushion of the 36’s.

Another positive hit piece with softball questions. They are really leaning into this R and D thing and having MJ involved in the process. As much as they mentioned the 38, would have been interesting if they asked about the 38 X- plate issue and got a response on that.

Tried them on in the store today and wasn’t too impressed with the cushion. With the stock orthotics and my personal orthotics and felt nothing. Once that so called marathon foam they keep talking about bottoms out these are going to have a totally different feeling like the Kobe 4’s had when the lunarlon bottomed out. Will wait for performance reviews from my go to people, but not too impressed so far. From the 30’s to the 39’s, nothing is topping the cushion of the 36’s.

don't think designer will reveal the x-plate issue, one side basically means they didn't do great job but other hand 38 still on shelves yet. But yeah I would love to hear official reactions. Also prob one reason they decide to go simple on 39s.

These things feel amazing!! It legit doesn’t even feel like I have a shoe on. From pics I expected a lot of the shoe to be stiff. Nothing on the shoe is stiff. Even the midsole/outsole you can push on a little. I expected that to be rock hard. Went with tts like I do with almost everything and these have some room in them but not enough to size down. Def best fitting of the 34 and on shoes. Those were borderline half up on a few of them. I can’t wait for these to go on sale 🤣.

These things feel amazing!! It legit doesn’t even feel like I have a shoe on. From pics I expected a lot of the shoe to be stiff. Nothing on the shoe is stiff. Even the midsole/outsole you can push on a little. I expected that to be rock hard. Went with tts like I do with almost everything and these have some room in them but not enough to size down. Def best fitting of the 34 and on shoes. Those were borderline half up on a few of them. I can’t wait for these to go on sale 🤣.

Yall makin me reconsider not grabbing these 👀

You think they'd be good to hoop in?

Yall makin me reconsider not grabbing these 👀

You think they'd be good to hoop in?

I want to use them for hoop now but not gonna use them and return them or pay retail. I will def be giving them a go when they go on sale. They were gripping and squeaking on my wood floors just walking around. I don’t think there are individual zoom bags in the front and rear but I def felt the heel more than the forefoot but that’s not to say the cushion isn’t great all around.

Copped from NDC when they dropped and surprisingly they arrived today.

Very clean in person, the materials feel nice, and they are light in hand and on feet. The cushioning also feels quite nice, nothing crazy but I’m sure they’ll have that aspect covered on court.

IMG_1054.jpeg
IMG_1051.jpeg
IMG_1047.jpeg

Overall I’m not too crazy on the design like previous models, and the colorways are lacking, but I’ll end up with a couple pairs.

I see why the colorways are the way they are. I too enjoy the top down look, but that's not the only views to a shoe man.

These colorways are mostly garbage. But from the top view you might not see it. Thats dumb. I love me some mike but eesh.

This picture should settle all the where's the blue questions about the heritage. I would have never believed the whole shoe was blue based on the previous pictures

As I thought. On court these look great. The white pair with the white socks a good look. Just no casual appeal but that’s fine.

Back
Top Bottom