Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

I watched that video. Those shoes are and always have been terrible, so not sure why he used those to say Nike sucks now. 😂. I remember when a store I worked for at the time got them in, didn’t sell a single pair til they were $59.

Just got the Lumieres in. On immediate try-on, these feel more plush than the 38s, but the 38s have a more springy feeling (same with the 37s with the forefoot Zoom). I swapped out the generic insoles with an hair dryer and put VKTRY insoles in, so I am interested to see how they perform with the swap. I also do this with the 38s and with all of my running shoes. Also, I did notice that my heel didn’t feel extremely locked down, so I adjusted the laces and created runners’ loops at the top and that helped with the fit. However, it still does not feel like I’m as secured in the shoe vs in the 38s with lacing those normally. Design-wise, I dislike like the look of these, but I’m hoping that the ZoomX + full length Zoom Air will make it a great performer.
Did you go TTS on the 38? I'm in the 38 right now in TTS, and having issues. I feel like my foot isn't sitting in there correctly. They're a little long and certain movements my pinky toe protrudes out of the side mesh. I tried bumping my feet all the way up and tying down tight and it pretty much cut the blood flow to my feet. Terribly painful after about 30 minutes.

Played competitively for two hours in these and here’s my initial thoughts.
Pros:
-Very comfortable. Has a great balance of court feel and bounce. I’m thankful to be 37 and still able to dunk, but I did feel a bit bouncier with these on. Not sure if it’s the tech + new insoles or the perception of being excited to wear the new Jordans. 😂
-No break-in time needed for me.
-Had a decent lock-down feel. Not the best, but not the worst. I’m very cognizant of this with playing post-Achilles rupture and need to feel locked down, and it helped with tying them with runners’ loops.
-Although they collected dust, I didn’t slip and they still had bite to them. I wiped twice over the two hour period.
-Materials stayed in-tact. I speak about wanting an outrigger in the cons, but the outrigger in the 38s ripped on first play for me.

Cons:
-These are hot. Didn’t feel like I had any ventilation, but I did previously hoop in the 38s and they had great ventilation, so take that for what it’s worth.
-I wish it had an outrigger. I was guarding a quick collegiate player and at times, I did not feel the most stable with quick slides and cuts, but I never fell or slipped in them.
-Not the lightest shoe. I’ll take the ZoomX and full Zoom Air as a trade off for the weight. At times, I didn’t notice it, but other times, my feet did feel a bit fatigued. Within the two hours, I played six games to 12 and 16 half court for reference.

I’m going to get a few more sessions in them before deciding whether or not to keep them, but I do like them so far despite the cons with the caveat of switching the insole + using runners’ loops. Do I like them despite the cons for $200+ tax? That’s what I gotta determine.

what are runners loops? i know it might be hard to explain in text, but I'm interested on if I know what this is and just didn't know the name or if I'm about to learn something new

I saw he posted that but haven’t watched it yet, but all you have to do is just watch his videos and he literally takes a shot at Nike any chance he gets.

Yeah, I usually watch his videos for stuff I’m looking forward to and you’d hear him take subtle jabs at Nike lol. Although in this particular video stood out for its thoroughness. I didn’t really mind the criticism at all since some of his points were valid from a value/performance standpoint, and most importantly, the lack of innovation and inspiration with Nikes’ current releases. I’m all for that as a consumer lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I still mess with Nikes. I bought two pairs of Sabrina 1s ON SALE in a span of two weeks lol. But we can all agree that Nike hasn’t been on top of their game lately.

The rise of the Chinese brands offering great alternatives with a bunch of features for affordable prices is a great point. Just recently put in an order for a pair of 361 DVDs (Spencer Dinwiddie’s sigs) for $100. I’m also planning to buy some 808s in the future.

Back
Top Bottom