Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

I hope NWs experience was isolated. It’s crazy the amount of wear-testing they are going on record to say occurred with his shoe, only for him to have those type of issues.
I just got home from playing In them all day I didn’t experience anything he mentioned in his reel on IG. One thing that wasn’t created the same person to person is feet that’s for sure.

Can someone please photoshop this red where the black is?You can keep the slice/smile black.

IMG_2227.jpeg

Just got the Lumieres in. On immediate try-on, these feel more plush than the 38s, but the 38s have a more springy feeling (same with the 37s with the forefoot Zoom). I swapped out the generic insoles with an hair dryer and put VKTRY insoles in, so I am interested to see how they perform with the swap. I also do this with the 38s and with all of my running shoes. Also, I did notice that my heel didn’t feel extremely locked down, so I adjusted the laces and created runners’ loops at the top and that helped with the fit. However, it still does not feel like I’m as secured in the shoe vs in the 38s with lacing those normally. Design-wise, I dislike like the look of these, but I’m hoping that the ZoomX + full length Zoom Air will make it a great performer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Just got the Lumieres in. On immediate try-on, these feel more plush than the 38s, but the 38s have a more springy feeling (same with the 37s with the forefoot Zoom). I swapped out the generic insoles with an hair dryer and put VKTRY insoles in, so I am interested to see how they perform with the swap. I also do this with the 38s and with all of my running shoes. Also, I did notice that my heel didn’t feel extremely locked down, so I adjusted the laces and created runners’ loops at the top and that helped with the fit. However, it still does not feel like I’m as secured in the shoe vs in the 38s with lacing those normally. Design-wise, I dislike like the look of these, but I’m hoping that the ZoomX + full length Zoom Air will make it a great performer.

I have no idea how anyone can look at these shoes side by side and think the 39 looks better. Then again, I'm still surprised the 38 isn't much better regarded than it seems to be, just from an appearance standpoint :lol:

I have no idea how anyone can look at these shoes side by side and think the 39 looks better. Then again, I'm still surprised the 38 isn't much better regarded than it seems to be, just from an appearance standpoint :lol:

So true. The 38s look like a Jordan signature shoe. The 39s look like a team shoe. I wouldn’t call the 39s cheeks, but they very meh looking.

I agree. The 38 is really nice. I just wish they used a more premium leather and materials. The silhouette is money tho.

Played competitively for two hours in these and here’s my initial thoughts.
Pros:
-Very comfortable. Has a great balance of court feel and bounce. I’m thankful to be 37 and still able to dunk, but I did feel a bit bouncier with these on. Not sure if it’s the tech + new insoles or the perception of being excited to wear the new Jordans. 😂
-No break-in time needed for me.
-Had a decent lock-down feel. Not the best, but not the worst. I’m very cognizant of this with playing post-Achilles rupture and need to feel locked down, and it helped with tying them with runners’ loops.
-Although they collected dust, I didn’t slip and they still had bite to them. I wiped twice over the two hour period.
-Materials stayed in-tact. I speak about wanting an outrigger in the cons, but the outrigger in the 38s ripped on first play for me.

Cons:
-These are hot. Didn’t feel like I had any ventilation, but I did previously hoop in the 38s and they had great ventilation, so take that for what it’s worth.
-I wish it had an outrigger. I was guarding a quick collegiate player and at times, I did not feel the most stable with quick slides and cuts, but I never fell or slipped in them.
-Not the lightest shoe. I’ll take the ZoomX and full Zoom Air as a trade off for the weight. At times, I didn’t notice it, but other times, my feet did feel a bit fatigued. Within the two hours, I played six games to 12 and 16 half court for reference.

I’m going to get a few more sessions in them before deciding whether or not to keep them, but I do like them so far despite the cons with the caveat of switching the insole + using runners’ loops. Do I like them despite the cons for $200+ tax? That’s what I gotta determine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 317
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 322
Back
Top Bottom