Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX) (July 23, 2024 Release date)

Patent leather on a basketball shoe? Get real. Who was around when the 11s dropped? 🙋 That's what everybody was saying until BoyzIIMen. Big deal, I'm just still saying it.

I was, during college. As were loads of others. Polarizing at the time but still hugely popular and considered cool-looking.
Glad you think the 39s look so good. My advice is to buy 10 pairs so you never run out because you’ll probably never see them again once they’re gone.
Calling them a top 10 in terms of looks is subjective but I imagine you’re an army of one on that take.

I KNEW I remember these shoes reminding me of something.. These are the Jordan version of the Yeezy 380!😂
1724639268086.jpeg

I KNEW I remember these shoes reminding me of something.. These are the Jordan version of the Yeezy 380!😂
1724639268086.jpeg

The issue I take with the VISUAL design of the 39s is just that. They look like other shoes, including the damn Zions. They don’t look BAD, they just don’t move a single needle. Generic-ish at this point. Boring. I’m not commenting on the quality or performance, just that they look like a derivative of existing lower-level Jordan models and other existing shoes.
I actually like the Baron colorway, but in no world do I think these are some visual masterpiece. Again, it’s always subjective but they’d potentially be a lot more interesting if we hadn’t already seen other shoes that kinda look like them. That’s my take, anyway.

I was, during college. As were loads of others. Polarizing at the time but still hugely popular and considered cool-looking.
Glad you think the 39s look so good. My advice is to buy 10 pairs so you never run out because you’ll probably never see them again once they’re gone.
Calling them a top 10 in terms of looks is subjective but I imagine you’re an army of one on that take.
Yeah definitely closer to top 10 than top 20. How far down do you have them? And I will only be buying one because that's what I always do. I can't wear them out fast enough. When I was little we only got 1 pair for everything if we wore them out we could get another so I'm still kind of like that. If I saw these and 11s next to each other and my dad said chose id pick 39. Theyre going to go with pants, shorts, basketball uniform, they just look better to me. 11s look cool all Jordans look cool. Blue Void 34s look awesome but what I'm going to wear that with? I love that they went back to basic colors for these. As for them getting the retro treatment only time will tell. They only really retro what Jordan played in anyway with the exception 9&15. I think they did 19s. And they had a titan 23 nobody could get and maybe a leathery 29 nobody could get unless I dreamed about it.

If they continue on the course of callbacks this is a must for the 40. A lot of people want to see an end to the callback era 🤷 I could go either way. But if they plan on ending it the 40 would be the perfect way to end it. Tie it up nice and neat at ten models. 14 would be the limit where it would still make sense. They could put Jordans hands on the inside of the tounges, five fingers 🖐️on the right one on the left ☝️. You heard it here first. Hot takes coming in all weekend from the GOAT969798

Back
Top Bottom