Air Jordan 39 (XXXIX)

Never cared that much about weight. I care about cushioning,. Guess if I wanted to show more of my socks I would rock with lows lol.
Dudes you can like what you like.

But you started your comment starting you don't understand why other people gravitated to low tops.

I am responding to that.

Again like what you like. Doesn't mean other people have to have the same preferences.

Dudes you can like what you like.

But you started your comment starting you don't understand why other people gravitated to low tops.

I am responding to that.

Again like what you like. Doesn't mean other people have to have the same preferences.
I dig it. I’m just saying the reason you mentioned regarding weight didn’t make sense to me. And I only really commented because I feel like there may be a Jordan Brand employee/lurker in these threads that will advocate for all these low tops to keep bein produced when someone who grew up wearing mids/highs has to deal with the possibility of only getting a low top 39.

Don’t hold your breath about them doing anything special for the 40. Look at the 30, we got a retooled 29 and lies about it from tinker. I doubt they’ll consider it super special. Maybe the 45 if they stop the # line with that pair.
Maybe JB will consider the 40 to be special, maybe not. 40 sig shoes ain’t no joke. We’ll see eventually...

As for the tinker lies, what did he exactly lie about? Dude wasn’t even lead designer and was asked to come in and conceptualize and finish the 30 within 6 months. It takes 18 months to realize a Jordan sig shoe from beginning to end. No one has ever gotten a clear explanation of why the 30 got a retooled outsole or even what happened in general.

Do you think he’s a liar because he wont come out and throw people who give him a paycheck under the bus to ease your mind? Because if thats what you expect, thats just completely and utterly unreasonable lol

Maybe JB will consider the 40 to be special, maybe not. 40 sig shoes ain’t no joke. We’ll see eventually...

As for the tinker lies, what did he exactly lie about? Dude wasn’t even lead designer and was asked to come in and conceptualize and finish the 30 within 6 months. It takes 18 months to realize a Jordan sig shoe from beginning to end. No one has ever gotten a clear explanation of why the 30 got a retooled outsole or even what happened in general.

Do you think he’s a liar because he wont come out and throw people who give him a paycheck under the bus to ease your mind? Because if thats what you expect, thats just completely and utterly unreasonable lol

It’s not that serious bruh. Obviously he’s not gonna throw his company under the bus. I know for a 100% fact that wasn’t what the 30 was gonna be initially, I seen the catalog promo and description when I was working part time retail back before they dropped. It was a blacked out page with a black panther on it and 3 Gold XS going across the top,with a design on the page. said 2 different versions were releasing, 1 textile and 1 premium leather. They even dropped a shirt for it with the design that was on the page and renamed it.

It’s not that serious bruh. Obviously he’s not gonna throw his company under the bus. I know for a 100% fact that wasn’t what the 30 was gonna be initially, I seen the catalog promo and description when I was working part time retail back before they dropped. It was a blacked out page with a black panther on it and 3 Gold XS going across the top,with a design on the page. said 2 different versions were releasing, 1 textile and 1 premium leather. They even dropped a shirt for it with the design that was on the page and renamed it.
It’s not serious. I’m just trying to figure out where you’re getting that Tinker is the liar. If you saw the promo stuff, and it’s not what was released, then what does Tinker have to do with that when he wasn’t the original designer and was brought in with 6 months left? Wouldn’t the original designer be more to blame? Or maybe even JB/Nike themselves?

That promo stuff sounds interesting. The first I’ve ever heard this info!

It’s not serious. I’m just trying to figure out where you’re getting that Tinker is the liar. If you saw the promo stuff, and it’s not what was released, then what does Tinker have to do with that when he wasn’t the original designer and was brought in with 6 months left? Wouldn’t the original designer be more to blame? Or maybe even JB/Nike themselves?

That promo stuff sounds interesting. The first I’ve ever heard this info!
Him saying he didn’t get the call to do it til it was too late, cmon man. He’s the lead man on the design team. Then say why change the midsole at all if it works, because it’s the air jordan flagship. That’s why.

Here’s what was on the page I seen in the catalog. This design with the panther on it, the gold numbers on the sleeve were up top with XXX.

C8A0F9E4-0F37-4822-88B7-69B7E34154A5.jpeg

Him saying he didn’t get the call to do it til it was too late, cmon man. He’s the lead man on the design team. Then say why change the midsole at all if it works, because it’s the air jordan flagship. That’s why.

Here’s what was on the page I seen in the catalog. This design with the panther on it, the gold numbers on the sleeve were up top with XXX.

C8A0F9E4-0F37-4822-88B7-69B7E34154A5.jpeg
I would be inclined to believe you if JB had, ever in their history, reused a midsole. They haven’t and therefore I disagree. For you, somehow JB has to be perfect. That nothing can go wrong and then when something does, like the 30, the person is automatically a liar. To me, when there’s NEVER been a specific hint, rumor or explanation on what went on specifically with the 30, I’m lead to believe that it was significant and that tinker isn't lying. You can tell with the multiple different XXX designs that they had very little time left. There were like 3 different XXX designs.

I have that shirt! It’s awesome! just way too small for me And I’ve been looking for a bigger size for years.

As far as the XXX promo you saw, I think you’re misremembering or just wanting to see whatever you want. Who knows what you saw. Because there was a 1 & 29 pack where the 1 was flyknit and the 29 was all leather. It was called the MTM pack and was in part a celebration of the 30. So this “promo” is what was really an advertisement for this pack to celebrate the 30 and not necessarily a promo for the actual 30.

Bruh, make yourself make sense lol

1707449727788.png

I would be inclined to believe you if JB had, ever in their history, reused a midsole. They haven’t and therefore I disagree. For you, somehow JB has to be perfect. That nothing can go wrong and then when something does, like the 30, the person is automatically a liar. To me, when there’s NEVER been a specific hint, rumor or explanation on what went on specifically with the 30, I’m lead to believe that it was significant and that tinker isn't lying. You can tell with the multiple different XXX designs that they had very little time left. There were like 3 different XXX designs.

I have that shirt! It’s awesome! just way too small for me And I’ve been looking for a bigger size for years.

As far as the XXX promo you saw, I think you’re misremembering or just wanting to see whatever you want. Who knows what you saw. Because there was a 1 & 29 pack where the 1 was flyknit and the 29 was all leather. It was called the MTM pack and was in part a celebration of the 30. So this “promo” is what was really an advertisement for this pack to celebrate the 30 and not necessarily a promo for the actual 30.

Bruh, make yourself make sense lol

1707449727788.png

So now you telling me what I seen? Lol. The midsole and tooling on the 29 is almost exact copy of the 30. What are you saying?

If the catalog was describing the air jordan 29, I wouldn’t have posted about it. It was the 30. The shirt you have was for the original 30 that was supposed to drop.

Honestly if you want my opinion, they were originally going to make the AJ31 the 30, then decided it needed to be 30 years apart to go along with their plan of going back 30 years for each sig going forward. They just decided too late. Cuz if you remember there were leather and weave versions of the 31. Which could also be why the 31 dropped 4 months after the 30 came out.

Honestly if you want my opinion, they were originally going to make the AJ31 the 30, then decided it needed to be 30 years apart to go along with their plan of going back 30 years for each sig going forward. They just decided too late. Cuz if you remember there were leather and weave versions of the 31. Which could also be why the 31 dropped 4 months after the 30 came out.

Well which version of your truth is any one person supposed to believe?

Dude, you were a part time retail clerk and saw an add and a t shirt??? Are you fn kidding me? Lol What makes that in ANY WAY a connection to the original 30? Was there weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to?!

Bruh, you been bringin the”tinker lied about the 30” up since 2016 when the 30 came out. Tinker didn't try to touch your peen. Get OVER IT. And while you say it isn't serious, to keep rehashing the same chit for 8 years, means YOU TAKE IS SERIOUS as a mf’er lol

Look up at those quotes of yours. They’re both lies. Lol one to cover the other. Unreal…LMAO

Well which version of your truth is any one person supposed to believe?

Dude, you were a part time retail clerk and saw an add and a t shirt??? Are you fn kidding me? Lol What makes that in ANY WAY a connection to the original 30? Was there weapons of mass destruction in Iraq to?!

Bruh, you been bringin the”tinker lied about the 30” up since 2016 when the 30 came out. Tinker didn't try to touch your peen. Get OVER IT. And while you say it isn't serious, to keep rehashing the same chit for 8 years, means YOU TAKE IS SERIOUS as a mf’er lol

Look up at those quotes of yours. They’re both lies. Lol one to cover the other. Unreal…LMAO

You good? Lol. Are you tinkers grandson?

Dude in here acting like tinker is Jesus.

I WROTE ORDERS FOR A SNEAKER STORE, THE AIR JORDAN 30 WAS AVAILABLE FOR ORDER, THE DESCRIPTION/DATES/ AND ALL THAT DID NOT MATCH WHAT EVENTUALLY CAME OUT. THAT SAME PANTHER AND BACKGROUND DESIGN WAS ON THE PAGE DESCRIBING THE 30, IT IS NOT WHAT ENDED UP RELEASING. THEY EVENTAULLY RELEASED THE SHIRT, AND A PAIR OF SHORTS BUT TOOK THE AJ30 OUT OF THE DESCRIPTION OF EACH.

What’s so hard to understand about that?

Did they just decide to scrap the original design? Maybe. It’s just weird is all.
Me saying he lied maybe harsh, more like mislead everyone, so his not to throw anyone under the Bus.

Last edited:
If I remember this right this was the shoe that one of his sons had leak as the aj30 I was always curious to know what really happen I know that the brand did end up releasing this shoe with a different sole and name
Screenshot_20240209_092540_Chrome.jpg
The turned out to be a cross trainer for the Jordan Brand,..... When I saw it wasn't the Jordan 30 and I was actually more happy with the final product

Back
Top Bottom