Air Jordan 4 & 11 Retail Prices Increase for Holiday 2012

Havent bought a pair of J's since the cement 3's only want the olympic 6's this summer then MJ can eat a bowl of dog *%@!+.

I'm disgusted with the person I've found Michael to be as I grew up loved dude as a kid cant even rock with him as an adult.

IT'S NOT THAT SERIOUS.

LIKE I SAID IN THE LEBRON ELITE DISCUSSION, JUST LET PEOPLE BUY WHAT THEY WANT WITH THEIR OWN MONEY. THE MARKET WILL DICTATE WHAT HAPPENS AS FAR AS PRICE. IF MORE PEOPLE DON'T BUY THAN THOSE THAT BUY THEN JORDAN BRAND WILL LOWER PRICES BUT TRYING TO CONVINCE OTHERS NOT TO BUY SO THAT THEY LOWER PRICES TO WHAT YOU MAY FEEL IS MORE ACCEPTABLE FOR YOUR WALLET IS WHACK. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH THE PRICE THEN JUST DON'T BUY. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER SHOES TO PURCHASE. TRUST THAT I WILL BE OUT WHEN I FEEL THE PRICE IS MORE THAN WHAT I THINK THE SHOES ARE WORTH AND THERE WON'T BE ANY COMPLAINT FROM ME. I'LL JUST STOP BUYING. MONEY SAVED I GUESS. JUST BECAUSE YOU MAY THINK IT'S OVERPRICED DOESN'T MEAN SOMEONE ELSE FEELS THE SAME. PRETTY SELFISH TO FEEL OTHERWISE.

Complain now...buy later...aint that how things go round here?
grin.gif

You guys are delusional if you think quality will be better just because the prices of the shoes are going up.

Jordan Brand doing what they do best...breaking into peoples wallet.

Air Force Mid tops back in 2003 were $75.00 and 9 years later the price is about $95.00. Took about 9 years for the price to go up $20.00. JB deciding to incrase the 4's and 11's, $20.00 in a year.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by heatking

they need to just start selling these Js in neiman marcus, saks and nordstrom

sell them for like 350, 400$

this will kill the resellers.

only real boss's will wear Js from now on
THIS.
Didnt MJ say he doesn't like it when lower class people wear his kicks anyway? This is probably what theyre working towards.

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by heatking

they need to just start selling these Js in neiman marcus, saks and nordstrom

sell them for like 350, 400$

this will kill the resellers.

only real boss's will wear Js from now on
THIS.
Didnt MJ say he doesn't like it when lower class people wear his kicks anyway? This is probably what theyre working towards.

If Jordan really said this that is sad... It's like when he grew up young as far I as I know his family wasn't rich just because he made it to college now he got the nerve to say he doesn't want lower class people wearing his shoes? Seriously that is the biggest hypocritical spit in the face Jordan ever said if this is true... Smh

I think the people in here saying they called it or whatever are hilarious. I'm pretty sure everyone knew there was going to be a price increase, it was just a matter of when. Self-proclaimed Miss Cleos of Jordans.
laugh.gif

^ he did say that. He wants his brand to be like a Nordstrom or Saks brand. I think he said like Cole Haan or Calvin Klein

the quality prob wont get better....its based off the demand...good job nike..the rich getting richer.

Originally Posted by MDkicks

^ he did say that. He wants his brand to be like a Nordstrom or Saks brand. I think he said like Cole Haan or Calvin Klein

Wow he actually had the nerves to say sumhin like that SMH if that was the case nobody would buy JB they would rather by Gucci LV Burberry ect ect... Jordan is just shootin his self in the head after that remark... Yet he only wants upper class to wear his products and anybody in the upperclass in there right mind wouldn't even wanna buy JB because of the sh*tty a$s Chinese quality! Lmao SMH when Jordan moves his sweat shops to let's say paris or Italy than maybe he should step up and move to saks or Neiuman Marcus.. This just made me pisd

Jordan also quoted saying that he hated ignorant n-words. Like those type of dudes you saw on the news licking their Concords.

Google Chamillionare and Michael Jordan story and then make your judgement about the man.

Yet he wants no lower class people to wear them but there are people getting shot and killed over a pair of Jordan's SMH he makes his self look more ghetto than average lower class people... And spike lee out of all people on his team and he's the most racist b@stard in the industry SMDH rich people kill me...

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Originally Posted by CowColor

LOL its funny how you guys are saying you won't buy wait till those official pictures come out and when the date gets near many of you will come back.

Remember dude, a lot of us are sneakerheads

A lot of people already have a lot of these sneakers they're retroing. Especially when you consider the frequency now. People are just getting new ones to keep dead stock or preserve their older ones. After next year with sneakers like the laneys, aquas, bred XIIIs and grapes. A lot of people up here won't have any reason to keep buying Jordans. Those are the sneakers going the highest on the resell market that aren't limited. What does JB have after that? Start releasing more gimmicks like BIN, lasering, premio and quai? That works for a limited sneaker. They think the retroing the XVI or XVIIs going to have people lined up at Christmas?

You kill off sneaker heads, and out price younger kids who are just now developing a love for sneakers and you start killing off a lot of your consumers.
This.  Retros are pretty much all they've got.  Look at how quick all of those 2009, 2010, and 2011's end up at outlets?

After next year's run of V's and the Bred XIII's this brand can eat a richard.  I'd rather grab the few others that I want (OGs and 1st gen retros) than to settle for mediocrity.  Let a reseller keep the lights on another month as opposed to lining MJ's pockets anymore.  Plus there are some reasonable people out there with these shoes who don't always try and rape on the prices.  At least I'll be paying a premium for a well built product.

Once the nostalgia has run its course this brand will croak...of course unless MJ himself croaks.

Oh cut it out! If JB decided to retro a bunch of classics again like the Seattle X's or the Indiglo XIV's, you and a bunch of other people would be within the first 5 pages of that thread topic talking about how excited you were for that drop! I'm not trying to make it personal here, but I get agitated seeing people who only KNOW a very small percentage of what is coming out next year talk about how they are done after supposed sneaker drops....like I said earlier....Complain now...buy later....that's how it works around here!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by Born Tuesday

XIs AGAIN and for $200. Womp.

Can these MFs PLEASE just retro the XVIs so I can be done with them?

Damn...those will probably be like $180 though
tired.gif
Why don't you just buy an OG pair and call it a day? The quality will be 100X better and who cares about a little yellowing? The shoes are over a decade old and it'll add to the authenticity and 'vintage' feel of owning an OG pair.

If JB retros the XVI for 180 USD then it's actually barely a price hike at all as they already retailed for 160 USD in 2001.
And back then the USD was stronger than nowadays!

I just think that the leather they use might not be the same than 2001. paintjob was mediocre back then already ^^

I'll agree with most of you that the price jump seems a bit much, and I seriously doubt the quality will be any better, but stop to think about it.. people on NT and eBay REGULARLY re-sell Bred XI's for over 220, Concords for 320+ Space jams for 350+ and I even saw some Carmine VI's going for 425 today.... now THAT is F****** RIDICULOUS... people who abuse shoes for self profit are hugely responsible for this madness. Jordan is simply trying to keep up with sneakerhead mark-up and re-sell value, and to be honest.. I'm okay with that. I'd rather drop 200 on a BRAND NEW, gaurenteed 100% authentic, pair of Bred XI's rather than to hunt for a used pair for 200+

Does the price increase suck? Obviously...
Are they still going to sell out? Obviously

Originally Posted by bballermarkie

Ok gonna only commit to my absolute favorite Jays I guess no more impulse buys. Hmm I guess I'll resign myself to copping Nikes

Bruh, Nike prices will subsequently rise too.. 
tired.gif

I saw this coming also but I feel a 20 price increase is a little outta hands and of course we will get the same quality we have been receiving nothing will change

Originally Posted by Greedie Genius

It doesn't change the fact that doin this is extremely lame but if it is ONLY for those 2 releases I don't mind, but I'll be damned if I regularly pay $200 for general releases.

they are testing the waters just like they did with the dmp packs.  Will these guys pay $350 for a pack set?  Yes, then lets keep them coming.  If these still sell out JB will raise prices for next year guaranteed.  All that talk before about inflation is bs now.  in'01 retro IIIs were $100, '11 they $160.  How do you explain the jump from 160 - 180 in 9 months?  I'm definitely not stressing JB anymore more money for less quality.

If I was Nike I'd charge $300 for these. As long as you guys keep camping out, crashing websites, pay reseller prices, they'll continue to milk every penny out of us because they can.

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Originally Posted by Sneakerfan1

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Remember dude, a lot of us are sneakerheads

A lot of people already have a lot of these sneakers they're retroing. Especially when you consider the frequency now. People are just getting new ones to keep dead stock or preserve their older ones. After next year with sneakers like the laneys, aquas, bred XIIIs and grapes. A lot of people up here won't have any reason to keep buying Jordans. Those are the sneakers going the highest on the resell market that aren't limited. What does JB have after that? Start releasing more gimmicks like BIN, lasering, premio and quai? That works for a limited sneaker. They think the retroing the XVI or XVIIs going to have people lined up at Christmas?

You kill off sneaker heads, and out price younger kids who are just now developing a love for sneakers and you start killing off a lot of your consumers.
This.  Retros are pretty much all they've got.  Look at how quick all of those 2009, 2010, and 2011's end up at outlets?

After next year's run of V's and the Bred XIII's this brand can eat a richard.  I'd rather grab the few others that I want (OGs and 1st gen retros) than to settle for mediocrity.  Let a reseller keep the lights on another month as opposed to lining MJ's pockets anymore.  Plus there are some reasonable people out there with these shoes who don't always try and rape on the prices.  At least I'll be paying a premium for a well built product.

Once the nostalgia has run its course this brand will croak...of course unless MJ himself croaks.

Oh cut it out! If JB decided to retro a bunch of classics again like the Seattle X's or the Indiglo XIV's, you and a bunch of other people would be within the first 5 pages of that thread topic talking about how excited you were for that drop! I'm not trying to make it personal here, but I get agitated seeing people who only KNOW a very small percentage of what is coming out next year talk about how they are done after supposed sneaker drops....like I said earlier....Complain now...buy later....that's how it works around here!
laugh.gif

Herein lies the flaw with your logic:
1) Not all of us like the same stuff
2) Even if I "like" a certain pair, it doesn't mean I'll bend over backwards to purchase it.

I did leave another release off of my list above just to be sure I remain consistent (Royal I's), but the point remains.  As stated earlier in this thread, I would gladly pay more if quality increases came along with these price increases.  I'm ok with paying a premium for a superior product, but a premium for an inferior product when I can just hunt down OGs or 1st gen retros?  I'm good on that.  When I already have most of the J's I want it's not necessary.  I don't need every colorway of 1-23.  I buy what I like which is why I rarely wind up selling much of my collection unless it's a double.

I'm in a shirt and tie 5 days a week, it's not that serious to the point that I need every single Jordan anymore.  Besides, nowadays I wear my Nike's way more than I do my J's.

For those who are fine with this, more power to them.  It's one's prerogative to do what they see fit with their own money.  They call it an opinion for a reason.

I will always have a soft spot for this brand and hats off to Nike/JB for making shrewd business decisions.  Cash in on the nostalgia now, it won't last forever.

wow! that's probably gonna be around $240 CAD for me then. Jordan's in Canada are already expensive

Back
Top Bottom