AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

After one day of breaking these out the midsole has begun to crack! I figure this was inevitable but after the first wear...I am still a bit disappointed.
Plus I'm not overly huge at 5'9, 180lbs
i thought I'd be the only one with this problem after 1st wear. sucks man especially considering these are my fav jays

And don't put up gifs quoting me. If you had copped every 4 that released this year LIKE I DID you'd know the sizes and wouldn't have to ask these questions. Go a half size up. If they don't fit, I'll buy your damn shows off you.

Why would I cop every 4 if I didn't want them?

Thanks for the sizing info though. Guess I'll just have to wait and see since that ship has sailed and they've been ordered.

picked up my pair this morning from champs. tried them on in the store. they are true to size to me. they are roomy though. a thick pair of socks will solve that. in my opinion, they are true to size in length but as mentioned before everyone has different feet.

People still talking about going TTS... I hope you get arthritis.
These shoes are a half size SMALL. Go up.
Take it from me, or you'll be disappointed.
I'm an 11.5 and my size 11s feel perfectly fine.

I'm not disappointed, but everyone's different. I feel like this sizing situation is the exact one we had with the IIIs last year. I'd either go TTS or .5 down

Now that these have released. can we have a couple group shots of the og's 99's, cdp's, and 2012's? Would be interesting to see it's evolution side by side with each other.

I'm waiting for FutureD to do a side-by-side with the BCIV and the CAVS, to show how different the nubuck is... I'd do it right now, but the wife has the camera today

just to clear some things up.

only 4s i thought worth buying this year were WC and bred, both fit me sz10...mind you i have skinny feet and normally rock 10.5 with anything else besides foams.

long tongue doesnt take anything away from the shoe itself but i definetely noticed it come up higher when i was putting them on.

also i like keeping the laces loose so that might give people a better idea about the shoe width wise (hate choking sneakers 
laugh.gif
)

overall they feel nice on foot, i know the WC felt like a damn cardboard box but imo JB did a pretty good job on these

why are people saying half size up? out of all the IV releases ive only heard that twice in this thread.

you dont know your size then because for most people its 50/50 either TTS or .5 down

My TTS pair fits perfect, IMO. Length is just right, and the width gives my room plenty of room to relax inside the shoe. I'd say half size down or TTS would be perfect, depending on the width of your foot, but definitely not a half size up.

Woke up at 9am totally forgot about these. Got to KICKS @ 10am and they were already sold out. Snagged a size 10 at a hood store, but they were tight so I kept going.
Went to footlocker and 3 other stores. All gone.
Went to another Kicks and they had one sz 11 left. My size. Got really lucky.
ALL stores in SW/South Philly are pretty much sold out of these.
I saw a reseller at two of the spots I went to. Dude was buying 3 pairs per store, his whole car was stocked.
Hopefully I can make a few bucks on the sz 10 so I can get mine half off or something.
high unemployment in philly.

I just got my pair and the quality seems pretty damn good. The paint looks on point and there doesn't seem to be any noticeable glue stains or other defects with mine. They feel really awesome, but I'm pretty disappointed with the tongue and the padding on the whole shoe. The tongue seems kind of large and irritates me a little. I wear my Flight 89s a lot and the padding on those are a million times better than these thin things. However, the toebox on the IVs kill the Flight 89s. It just sucks that I can't have the greatest details about both of them on one shoe from the same company. :/

Other than that I'm really really satisfied with this. I'm only looking to get 2 more releases to end the year, so this was a good start to my mission, heh.

Oh, they also feel TTS to me.

Last edited:
im a 14. i buy everything in a 14. ive never got involved in sizing debates and always thought it was silly that people didnt know what size to get.
ive never had a problem getting my size 14 UNTIL i bought the WC IVs. those things were huge. therefor i bought these in a 13.5 and 14 :lol: if they run like the WCs the 13.5 will be perfect.

Why would I cop every 4 if I didn't want them?

Thanks for the sizing info though. Guess I'll just have to wait and see since that ship has sailed and they've been ordered.
Your question is silly. I said IF you would have copped then the question wouldn't be needed. 

I have every release this year, and all the retro of the fours. I truly don't care what the general populace have to say about their size, but owning pretty much every retro 4 that has come out, I can safely say that the only 4s that were just off on the sizing scale were the WCs which were too big for everybody. 

Taking that as the general opinion and a baseline, my size in those were a 10.5. I'm naturally an 11.

All my other 4s this year are an 11.5 (except my military blues. A stupid kid, who looked like he couldn't fit a GS, snatched the last 11.5, probably for resale). My militaries are snug. Fire reds fit perfectly at 11.5. These Breds are an 11.5 and are a perfect fit-- exactly like my Bred 4s.

Tell me, exactly how do I not know my size when my Rookies, LeBron 9, Hyperfuse, Addidas, etc are all comfortable at my natural size? Listen, you want a tight shoe, go for it, but since the question was asked, and I consider myself a 4 expert, I answered. The shoe is small, and that's just how it is. 

P.S. most of these people loosen the shoe strings a hell of a lot...that's probably why they think they need to go a half size down. For people like me who wear them factory spec'd, half size up. 

The reason you're getting inconsistent info is because PEOPLE DON'T KNOW WHAT SIZE THEY REALLY NEED.
It's easy to say people's feet are different, but I have slim (normal) feet and Jordan 4s are ALL snug except the WC4. I worked at a shoe store and had to deal with people who didn't know their size all the time and it's annoying. I own every pair of retro fours, from the Cool Greys to the White/Greens to the Military Blues. They all fit SNUG in the true size. You should go up.
And don't put up gifs quoting me. If you had copped every 4 that released this year LIKE I DID you'd know the sizes and wouldn't have to ask these questions. Go a half size up. If they don't fit, I'll buy your damn shows off you.
WC: half size down
Cavs: half size up
Military:half size up
Fire red:half size up
DB superman: half size up
Bred: half size up
Thunder:half size up
I have all these shoes (my thunders are the original from the pack).

All that was a long paragraph with contradicting information but ill save on of Santa's cookies for you because you got all the 4's!

PLEASE DO NOT TRUST NOOBS WITH THEIR SIZING CHARTS AND FAKE STATISTICS.

TRY THESE ON YOURSELVES.

IF WE LOOKED AT THE POSTS FROM THIS ENTIRE THREAD, YOU WILL SEE THAT A MAJORITY OF NIKETALKERS ARE EXPRESSING THAT THE 2012 BLACK AND RED AIR JORDAN IVS FIT TRUE TO SIZE OR HALF A SIZE LARGE.

THE MAJORITY OF NIKETALKERS WHO HAVE BEEN ON THIS SITE FOR YEARS AND PROVIDE INFORMATION BEYOND HYPED RELEASES WILL TELL YOU TO EITHER COP YOUR TRUE SIZE OR GET HALF A SIZE SMALLER

AGAIN:

PLEASE DO NOT TRUST NOOBS WITH THEIR SIZING CHARTS AND FAKE STATISTICS.

FINALLY I$$ IS THAT WAY ->

NOOBS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom