AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

599887_10151548139884278_2113272321_n.jpg
my boys 4's
mean.gif
compare the 2 shoes and spot the difference.
Noticed on these too...

Last edited:
My order from NDC was finally picked up by UPS today after the packing slip had been created since friday. Had me worrying a little bit. Now just have to wait it out till they come at the end of the week.

whats disgusting is im witnessing this stuff first hand around my area. 21 year old kids buying 3-4 pairs and trying to resell them on instagram and twitter. SMH x100

2 years ago these kids werent even messing with Jordans. wearing their stupid adidas low tops and what not.

I wish Jordans would go out of style and the OG's who actually like them can go out and buy them when ever they please and wear them without giving a crap what anyone thinks.

glad im not the only one who noticed
hypebeast ruining it bad i know u hypebeast reading this too :smh:

Last edited:
lol. 2 years ago a lot of these guys couldnt afford Jordans. It is possible to be a sneakerhead and not afford the kicks you like

If anybody copped a size 8.5 but really wanted a size 8 hit me up and lets trade. mine feel extremely snug after i put the spenco joints in.

Not so sure about that, MJ is an icon, he will always be around.
I unno man, icon maybe. Everything goes out of style, then later comes back (eg. snapbacks). I mean it wont be any time soon, but I would love to see it happen :tongue:. Then I'd be able to get my kicks easier lol

I can't stand talking to employees at major retailers about Jordan releases. They are always so short and unhelpful. Much rather deal with sales people at mom and pops or just take my chances online.
This too, employees working piss me off whenever I talk to them.

You guys have to realize something. All you "sneakerheads" make up a very small fraction of the footwear market. For every 100 customers that walk into a store 10 are "sneakerheads" less than 1 of those will buy something. Only time we really see business from you guys is on rd, in the first 15 minutes of the day. The rest of the time you're lining up and loitering the mall.

Another thing. Let me ask you, during a 4 hour shift (at the minimum) if you get 50 calls and 30-40 are from "sneakerheads" asking if we still have the shoe that released that day or weekend, would you not get annoyed? Also let me remind you, customers come first, the ones in store, they're our priority, not you.

Albany, GA. I still have about 12 pairs in my store.
I wish there were some left in Atlanta right now. I've been working all weekend due to the Thanksgiving weekend madness but I'm going to call around tomorrow since I'm off cause I'd rather buy for retail from a store than pay $200 to get them from my connect.

Fam, if you're paying over retail, it isn't a connect.

I wish man... I remember coppin' retros without a problem in the early 2000's... I just can't accept that in 5-10 years everybody and they momma realized Jordan's are the ish... I only get the one's he wore and that actually mean something to me (watching the flu game, last shot, 72-10 season, etc.)... I don't care if you 15 or 35, if u into the shoes we got something in common. We was underground for a long time and now there is no distinction, we made this culture and it's so watered down now. If you ain't ever seen MJ play live on TV, shut the hell up about his shoes :rofl:

Last edited:
Should I take a comparison shot of all 5 released so far this year?

I would have to wait because I prefer pics in natural light

Yeah do it...I can't believe FutureD never posted his usual iphone pics on the patio. Those always came out good.

I'll probably do a comparison set of pics with the cavs. My SH package is due wednesday, but it's tracking quickly and might get her sooner. Really impressed with their shipping on this huge release. I'm in L.A., and it's already in Memphis. I ordered at 4 pm PST on Wednesday. Thanks again to whoever posted that little vat refund password. That was a nice little sprinkle.

Yeah do it...I can't believe FutureD never posted his usual iphone pics on the patio. Those always came out good.
Alright I will do it later today.
It will be taken from a Droid RAZR Camera not an iPhone. Don't know what difference that makes. I have more megapixels than an iPhone but I am not sure if that always means better quality

Last edited:
Alright I will do it later today.
It will be taken from a Droid RAZR Camera not an iPhone. Don't know what difference that makes. I have more megapixels than an iPhone but I am not sure if that always means better quality
I have a droid phone, and I have to give it to Apple. Their camera is way better imo. Try d/ling Camera ZOOM FX. I don't use my native camera anymore... The editing is pretty good on it.

Didn't plan on getting these, but I noticed on Saturday my 99s were cracking a little. Went to FTA yesterday and saw a pair at the counter, my size 10, only pair left. Copped with no hesitation. Thank you to the dude that never showed up.

I'm pretty much done with the IVs, still want a pair of Cool Greys, though.

The black/red IVs are nice, but I'm baffled by the fact Jordan Brand used Fire Red on these and not the actual Fire Red IVs, makes no sense.

I scooped up the last pair in FTL, yesterday. Was surprised they still had a pair. I got an 11.5, but I wear a 12/13...I think I am going to try to trade for my size or for the WC IV. Maybe I will just put on CL or the Bay to recoup my losses.

You guys have to realize something. All you "sneakerheads" make up a very small fraction of the footwear market. For every 100 customers that walk into a store 10 are "sneakerheads" less than 1 of those will buy something. Only time we really see business from you guys is on rd, in the first 15 minutes of the day. The rest of the time you're lining up and loitering the mall.
Another thing. Let me ask you, during a 4 hour shift (at the minimum) if you get 50 calls and 30-40 are from "sneakerheads" asking if we still have the shoe that released that day or weekend, would you not get annoyed? Also let me remind you, customers come first, the ones in store, they're our priority, not you.
Fam, if you're paying over retail, it isn't a connect.
I understand the frustration and am not disputing any of your points other than the overall worth of the sneaker head to the retail store, but if you think about it, even with your statistics, sneakerheads would still be what other stores would consider their most valuable customers (actual VIP in other areas of fashion).  Those other people you are spending all of this time with will most likely be going after a good deal first, then options for their shoes.  They may buy athletic footwear/gear twice a year and rack up $65-$100 per purchase, while taking up 30-60 mins of your time.  A sneaker head comes in, like you said, for 15 minutes of actual business, keeps you stocked up with the hottest shoes ON release day and then buys everything out to guarantee that you get a shipment of the next hot thing, rarely gets a discount on the products so the store is receiving the maximum profit, and they are spending $150-$220 dollars on EVERY purchase.  And they may do this multiple times a month (hypebeasts do this for EVERY release and in this scenario fall in the sneaker head category, not the regular customer). 

So if I was to only do this once a month, at $175 a pop and 15 minutes of your time, that is $2100 in sales per year, for 3 hours of your time (which in our case, that 15 minutes includes the time we are actually speaking to a salesperson on the phone at random times too.  When I cop a pair on RD all they do is grab my size and ring me up, 5 mins maybe).  Where as all of those non sneaker head customers will spend $130-$200 per year, for 1 to 2 hours of your time....  What customer should be  more important here?  Which customer is more valuable?

im always surprised when people say that people were not into jordans heavy two years ago.

i guess growing up in the nj/nyc area, the sneaker culture was always high.

im going to assume that people who make this claim are from middle america or the south

I understand the frustration and am not disputing any of your points other than the overall worth of the sneaker head to the retail store, but if you think about it, even with your statistics, sneakerheads would still be what other stores would consider their most valuable customers (actual VIP in other areas of fashion).  Those other people you are spending all of this time with will most likely be going after a good deal first, then options for their shoes.  They may buy athletic footwear/gear twice a year and rack up $65-$100 per purchase, while taking up 30-60 mins of your time.  A sneaker head comes in, like you said, for 15 minutes of actual business, keeps you stocked up with the hottest shoes ON release day and then buys everything out to guarantee that you get a shipment of the next hot thing, rarely gets a discount on the products so the store is receiving the maximum profit, and they are spending $150-$220 dollars on EVERY purchase.  And they may do this multiple times a month (hypebeasts do this for EVERY release and in this scenario fall in the sneaker head category, not the regular customer). 

So if I was to only do this once a month, at $175 a pop and 15 minutes of your time, that is $2100 in sales per year, for 3 hours of your time (which in our case, that 15 minutes includes the time we are actually speaking to a salesperson on the phone at random times too.  When I cop a pair on RD all they do is grab my size and ring me up, 5 mins maybe).  Where as all of those non sneaker head customers will spend $130-$200 per year, for 1 to 2 hours of your time....  What customer should be more important here?  Which customer is more valuable?

That's an easy answer. The regular consumer is by far more valuable, there's more of them coming into their store on a day to day basis.

Back
Top Bottom