AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

im always surprised when people say that people were not into jordans heavy two years ago.
i guess growing up in the nj/nyc area, the sneaker culture was always high.
im going to assume that people who make this claim are from middle america or the south

I'm on Long Island and frequent NYC. People have gotten into sneakers heavier after the concords, I was able to get any 2011 release I wanted prior to the concords with no problem all I had to do was go to the store right before it opened and I was pretty much guaranteed a pair in my size. The only 2011 release that was any worse than what I mentioned was the black cement iii's and I have to chalk that up to the shoe being a GOAT. The concord release was madness and since then it has been necessary to camp if you want them in person.... I've had great luck with NDC lately so I haven't bothered because it's been so chaotic around my way since the concords.

im always surprised when people say that people were not into jordans heavy two years ago.
i guess growing up in the nj/nyc area, the sneaker culture was always high.
im going to assume that people who make this claim are from middle america or the south

I'm on Long Island and frequent NYC. People have gotten into sneakers heavier after the concords, I was able to get any 2011 release I wanted prior to the concords with no problem all I had to do was go to the store right before it opened and I was pretty much guaranteed a pair in my size. The only 2011 release that was any worse than what I mentioned was the black cement iii's and I have to chalk that up to the shoe being a GOAT. The concord release was madness and since then it has been necessary to camp if you want them in person.... I've had great luck with NDC lately so I haven't bothered because it's been so chaotic around my way since the concords.

my bad i meant nyc- like man, bx, bk, and qnz. i dont know much of about the Li. I would think the sneaker scene would look like how ronnie, the situation, vinny, and pauly are all of a sudden "sneakerheads".

Its different now, I have lived in NYC all my life and back in my HS days the only people who rocked J's were kids that balled, Kids that could afford or you local drug dealers. We also did not have all the media hype surrounding J's ie sneakernews, hypebeast and so on. Only thing i could remember were the kicks issues of SLAM as far as media. Back in the day you could buy OG J's from Ebay or yahoo auctions for under 100 easy. It has gotten worse, with the exception of a couple of pairs i have to buy my kicks from EU sites. I refuse to campout for sneakers.

Its different now, I have lived in NYC all my life and back in my HS days the only people who rocked J's were kids that balled, Kids that could afford or you local drug dealers. We also did not have all the media hype surrounding J's ie sneakernews, hypebeast and so on. Only thing i could remember were the kicks issues of SLAM as far as media. Back in the day you could buy OG J's from Ebay or yahoo auctions for under 100 easy. It has gotten worse, with the exception of a couple of pairs i have to buy my kicks from EU sites. I refuse to campout for sneakers.
I agree with you... I guess you agree with what I said?

I agree with you... I guess you agree with what I said?

I can only speak for myself growing up in Queens, not sure how the LI shoe game is. But I agree that now people are going hard for every release after the concord and galaxy release. Once they saw how much they could flip those they figured anything in the AJ 1-14 line could be flipped at rape price.

I can only speak for myself growing up in Queens, not sure how the LI shoe game is. But I agree that now people are going hard for every release after the concord and galaxy release. Once they saw how much they could flip those they figured anything in the AJ 1-14 line could be flipped at rape price.
What you spoke about was pretty spot on for around my way as well. In my HS there were only a small number of sneaker heads, the only release I can remember that everybody (except me because my parents were not spending J money for me) jumped on hard was the 2000-2001 XI releases. Other than that only ball players and kids with money had them.... Now a days I see little kids like 12 years old lining up because they think they can make a boat load of money off of these releases.....

For the kid that asked how old am I am 27 btw....

Last edited:
What you spoke about was pretty spot on for around my way as well. In my HS there were only a small number of sneaker heads, the only release I can remember that everybody (except me because my parents were not spending J money for me) jumped on hard was the 2000-2001 XI releases. Other than that only ball players and kids with money had them.... Now a days I see little kids like 12 years old lining up because they think they can make a boat load of money off of these releases.....
For the kid that asked how old am I am 27 btw....

I remember when retros first dropped, The 1-3 in 94-95 hit outlet tables for 50 bucks. When the 99 retro 4's dropped as well as 5's and 6's you could walk in to any store and it would sit for weeks. The one and only shoe i had to make a line for were the Blk/cement 3's in 2000 and even that was like a 40 min wait. It's easy to see that the shoe game now is not out of love but basically for profit. These shoes were out before and only sneakerheads bought them. Now same shoes come out today and instant sell out.

Can someone please tell me what the sizing is like on these? The last white AJ IV's felt way too big. I usually wear 9.5, but those things felt like a 10-10.5!

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Didn't plan on getting these, but I noticed on Saturday my 99s were cracking a little. Went to FTA yesterday and saw a pair at the counter, my size 10, only pair left. Copped with no hesitation. Thank you to the dude that never showed up.

I'm pretty much done with the IVs, still want a pair of Cool Greys, though.
The black/red IVs are nice, but I'm baffled by the fact Jordan Brand used Fire Red on these and not the actual Fire Red IVs, makes no sense.

Nice collection of IV's.

Don't understand how ppl trying to resell these, they all over the place
laugh.gif
Resell prices on the bay seem LOW! I followed a couple auctions last night and these are what they sold for shipped (all size 11):

The $177.99 auction is basically retail.

Last edited:
My auction is up to 210.75 + shipping with 2 hours left. I'm not complaining. I just wanted a discount on my personal pair. If I can get it up to 220 I'll be stoked. My pair for $100 bucks. Thats right about where I want to be at or lower when buying sneakers nowadays.

WIll the Birdman know? He is the knower of all that is sizing? Birdman, where are you?
LOL, don't get that guy going again! The consensus is the WC IV's run bigger than the BRED IV's. I would say about .5 size.. so I would base it on that.

My auction is up to 210.75 + shipping with 2 hours left. I'm not complaining. I just wanted a discount on my personal pair. If I can get it up to 220 I'll be stoked. My pair for $100 bucks. Thats right about where I want to be at or lower when buying sneakers nowadays.
I'm wondering if the bay is flooded right now with pairs, might be smart to wait a couple months and then sell them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom