AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

I have seen some beat up pairs with better midsoles. What did you do. Put your foot in a blender?

Walked.... I think they were chipping a tad when i cop on rd off ndc. I stopped giving a damn after 3 wear. Ill send them to get fix tho. Worst quality 4s in the last 2 years. Thunders were pretty bad too..

Last edited:
worn my bc4 3x, most of the time just standing around drinking beers and the innerside of my midsole, there are noticable cracks similar to belly26 where you can see white within the paint :x da fuq brah :stoneface: not a good look JB.

my boys pair was much worse so he bought a bunch of angelus paint to try to restore them and they came out lookin a lil sloppy. i dunno if its the shoes or his painting skills but he says its tough to make the midsoles look ds when repainting it. imma just stuck to non-cracking j's now. :smh:

My cavs and wc4s have little to no chipping wore cavs atleast 30x and very lil damage out of my 2012 4s. Thunders n blk cement musta been made at the same time cuz quality on both are terrible.

Here's mine...wore them 5-6 times so far,no hard use just wearing them and walkin around...Happened only in the inner side of the left shoe.
mean.gif

Wore mine for about the 5th time yesterday and have the same cracking/peeling on the white. None of my other 4s have done it and most have significantly more wears.

Played a stack of games in mine. No cracks or peeling. Got another pair ds. Fingers crossed they hold up just as well.

I've worn mine at least 10 times and no chipping at all. I've been storing them in my room. With the intense heatwave that's been hitting CA lately, I'm starting to think that's not a good idea. I grabbed mine out after seeing the chipping from the posts above and thankfully my pair still looks good. I heard the chippings happens to everyone's pair eventually. I guess depending on your weight and how you wear it, it seems to chip faster than others. I'm only been using them for very casual wear and as a gym shoe to lift weights and no issues. Only problem is wear on the straps around the collar area due to my jeans rubbing against them.

Damn shame we can't get a decent retro of such a classic. This is the only model I would double up on if they released a proper retro. This isn't it.

damn you guys must be some heavy dudes or walk through hell to have that bad of chipping
sick.gif
sick.gif

i've worn mine alot as a everyday shoe and i still haven't gotten any paint chipping.

It comes down to each shoe. Like I said my right shoe is flawless while my left is terrible. I remember when I first got them in mail how terrible the quality was.

lol omg :x seeing all these cracked and chipped peeling iv's is like seeing shredded skin on bodies to me :x making me cringe giving me the chills :lol:

i have a question for the folks with pairs that havent cracked that much after several wears...are you guys walking around and doing things while wearing them or just sitting most of the time?

I play in them. I would have played at least 30+ games in them and had no trouble with my midsole at all. I'm 6 foot 1 and 100kg and I'm not gentle om them at all. Just inconsistent quality from JB IMO.

no there are different kinds of spenco insoles...

i have the pair in that link you can get um cheaper on amazon like 12 or 13 bucks.

i also have the basic spenco insoles which are 5 bucks and change as an add on on amazon. im not sure if those will work too

Last edited:
i have a question for the folks with pairs that havent cracked that much after several wears...are you guys walking around and doing things while wearing them or just sitting most of the time?
ive worn mine a ton. they are a daily casual wear shoe for me. did all kinds of activities. never hooped in them, but ive walked the dog, wrestled with my kids, stuff like that... dont wanna jinx myself, but these and the bc3's (i wear them a ton too) are not cracking. my mars 4s and wc3's look like homeboys pic tho...

lol. Still have this DS but my other IVs crack way less than most peoples. It really might be due to weight like some have speculated. 5'9" 148 lbs

Back
Top Bottom