AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Yall do know rain/water ruins nubuck/suede material right? o_O
I think that's a myth as far as nubuck is concerned. I wear my nubuck Jordans in the rain with no adverse effect. I also treat my suede and nubuck with a water/stain repellant right out of the box as well.

Last edited:
If it's raining or a chance it may rain, I won't wear any Js. I'll wear my boots or something. Else in the closet I don't mind getting wet. I rather not take any chances in damaging them.

Yall do know rain/water ruins nubuck/suede material right? o_O
I think that's a myth. I wear my nubuck Jordans in the rain with no adverse effect. I also treat my suede and nubuck with a water/stain repellant right out of the box as well.
The repellent may be the reason why they don't get ruined too
Exactly, if you don't think water has an effect then you wouldn't be putting a coat of repellent on it.

The effect rain/water has takes much longer to take place on nubuck and it makes it fade but doesnt really damage the material

While suede is a different story

I still aint wearing these in the rain

Exactly, if you don't think water has an effect then you wouldn't be putting a coat of repellent on it.
I use the repellant to make stains or spills easier to clean. I'll wear my shoes in winter sometimes and it def helps with salt stains.

This is such an uncomfortable shoe.  Even with a new insole.  My Cavs IV fit wonderfully--these don't.  Quality is horrible. 

These were the only Js I have doubled up on and I am selling my second DS pair. No point in keeping them if the quality is so bad.

This is such an uncomfortable shoe.  Even with a new insole.  My Cavs IV fit wonderfully--these don't.  Quality is horrible. 

These were the only Js I have doubled up on and I am selling my second DS pair. No point in keeping them if the quality is so bad.
the fit for me is kinda tighter than the newer 4s. the quality on these doesn't look so great either but the damn CW is soo nice. the tongue is thinner than my toro 4s too. let not forget the infamous cracking. either way, im rocking these till there's nothing left. this is the one shoe i pay resell for smh.

Last edited:
Damn, noticed a paint started cracking on my left shoe ever-so-slightly. SMH it has begun

5th time wearhing, went tts and the fit itself is fine. And I'm a lighweight too (5'10", 145lbs)

Last edited:

the fit for me is kinda tighter than the newer 4s. the quality on these doesn't look so great either but the damn CW is soo nice. the tongue is thinner than my toro 4s too. let not forget the infamous cracking. either way, im rocking these till there's nothing left. this is the one shoe i pay resell for smh.
Yeah.  Great colors, just not a quality shoe.  I ended up selling my VNDS ones last night.  No point in keeping them.  Would rather wait for the '89 4s if they end up doing them. 

The one I got from Villa has no cracking whatsoever, no issues period.  I've got a DS one I got from FNL thinking I'd ruin these, but I haven't.  I wear them almost everyday.

The cracking issues is a deal breaker for me, and the sad thing is 3 & 4 are my favorite sigs, If yours haven't cracked they you def haven't worn then enough.

It really pisses me off.

The cracking issues is a deal breaker for me, and the sad thing is 3 & 4 are my favorite sigs, If yours haven't cracked they you def haven't worn then enough.

It really pisses me off.
i wear them at least three times a week, i've worn them to concerts, gone camping, worn them in the rain, etc. how is that for enough?

The cracking issues is a deal breaker for me, and the sad thing is 3
i wear them at least three times a week, i've worn them to concerts, gone camping, worn them in the rain, etc. how is that for enough?

Do you wear them on your feet or over your shoulder? Cuz idk how they haven't crack if you wear them that frequent. Must be divine intervention.

^ or they could just use the old open-celled polyurethane midsoles which the absorbed the paint better, notice 99 IVs and IIIs from 03 and earlier didn't have paint cracking at all.

^
ya but the trade-off is that those crack & crumble to pieces quicker over time (instead of the early paint chipping on the new ones)

there's gotta be a best-of-both-worlds chemical solution...?

^
ya but the trade-off is that those crack & crumble to pieces quicker over time (instead of the early paint chipping on the new ones)

Yeah give us the same stuff that was made on the OGs :tongue:

^

Yes that's true as well

Midsole cracking in 10 years >>> paint crack in 10 wears

All IMO of course

Back
Top Bottom