AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Not at all. I've been wearing them consistently for the past week. No major creasing or paint cracking.

For those wondering, I purchased them from sol3society.com. I took a chance on an "early release" pair, and I'm 100% satisfied. They came with box, paper, shoe trees and keychain. There's nothing that says these are fake or b-grades in any way.

So to answer the question whether or not all early release pairs are fake...The answer is....NO.

Well, the man has spoken. :smokin

So you don't think that the XI early pairs are fake?

Why does every retro / re-retro thread become a battle of the quality?
Even if the 2012 retros were made with durabuck, the tongue was correct down to the millimeter, the paint never chipped, and had NIke Air on the Back, I'm sure NT would find something to complain about and say the 89's and 99's were better... yet still cop the 2012's.
C'mon...

The shape would still be off brah :lol:

But honestly I feel if consumers had to live with one change then they would be able to come to terms with it. But with every release they change something and make it worst. When Nike AIr was taken off dudes didn't think the banana shape was coming, when the banana shape came dudes didn't think ashy nubuck was coming. So what's next? Every release gets worst, they're increasing the prices and still trying to cut cost in the production of the shoe.

Consider this: I love the Flint 13s, one of my all time favorite Js. I got OGs as a kid, bought a second OG pair in HS with money from my first job and bought the retro 06 pair. But I didn't buy the 2010 pair because when I looked at them I thought "this ain't the shoe I love from a child" it's some cheap *** replica. But there were a ton of thirsty dudes shouting "stopping complain about the 3m, these joint hot". Now JB knows it can cut a corner and not put 3m on the 13s cause they'll sell regardless

People have just cause to complain. Because one day we gonna get pleahter Js, bleedat

Last edited:
Why does every retro / re-retro thread become a battle of the quality?
Even if the 2012 retros were made with durabuck, the tongue was correct down to the millimeter, the paint never chipped, and had NIke Air on the Back, I'm sure NT would find something to complain about and say the 89's and 99's were better... yet still cop the 2012's.
C'mon...

They shape would still be off brah :lol:

Forums are about critiquing. I do agree people knit pick, but in this case it's a drastic change. I will cop cuz I don't have a problem with em.

I would also add:
Suede, Nubuck = leather
Durabuck = synthetic

I laugh everytime I see things like this. Do you guys think the leather that Jordan Brand...or even Nike as the parent company...uses real leather?? It's all synthetic. If it was real genuine leather, they'd be much more than 160 for a retro and would crease CRAZY fast...

Next time you go to any upper end store, or any store that sells genuine leather...peep the price tags then get back to me

I laugh everytime I see things like this. Do you guys think the leather that Jordan Brand...or even Nike as the parent company...uses real leather?? It's all synthetic. If it was real genuine leather, they'd be much more than 160 for a retro and would crease CRAZY fast...
Next time you go to any upper end store, or any store that sells genuine leather...peep the price tags then get back to me
So true but we want "real" leather.

It doesn't matter what we want I.e. real leather, durabuck, better paint. But if the shoes sell well, then there is no need for Jordan brand to cater to our wants. The new era of buyers are here, always quick to scoop up what's 'hot' and in for their circles.

Are we getting a special box?
nerd.gif

I have a pair of DS 2012 Fire Red IVs. I agree with dude who said buy what you want but dont go pretending there is nothing wrong with newer retros. I pretty much have the varsity reds just to look at them. I would much rather sell them than "enjoy" a shoe that creases from simply trying them on for size. And when the time comes, I will sell em.

Last edited:
^
My 2012 fire red IVs definitely crease a lot but the quality is so much better than my militaries from 06.

The militaries leather feels like paper compared to the thickness of the leather on the fire reds.

So what would you rather have? Thicker, better quality material that creases naturally or crap material that just bends instead of creasing properly?

really my fire reds dont crease at all its kinda like my white cements. my military blues on the other hand adds a crease with every step.

My brothers Militaries from this year crease like crazy. He's worn them probably five times, and they look like hell. He also isn't the easiest on shoes, so maybe that should be taken in to consideration. Ha.

And I don't know why everybody gets upset about creasing. Good quality leather is suppose to crease and give. That shows it's proper leather. Just like a leather jacket; it gets better with age because of the wrinkles and creases. I don't understand people spending extra bucks on those crease shield things. I've also met people though who, if you ask me, don't wear their proper size. A lot of people buy shoes too big then cry about the shoe creasing. I understand some people want that little bit of extra room but with that comes the higher chance of creasing.

So they're really gonna release them with nubuck, huh? I was really hoping that they would change it to durabuck at the last minute. Oh well, JB. You've saved me $160 for another release.

Just nikes, the 06 militaries IS a newer retro and is included in the umbrella of ****** newer releases that i was talking about.
The 2012 militaries are not to be praised in terms of quality either but leagues above the 2012 fire reds and 06 militaries.

Kip. One of the reasons I like my shoes too tight is to avoid creasing. Even with that said the fire reds, mars, and both previously mentioned militaries are still terrible with the creasing. So Far the Cavs and WC IVs are by far the best releases of the year. I wore my WCs at least 30 times and they can pass as VNDS. Still far less creasing than twice worn militaries. I don't mind slow graceful creasing. I cant stand when shoes look like they have been worn for years when you have worn em just a couple times.

And to think the only reason I got the WCs was in case I couldnt grab the FR as I dont see the need for many white shoes. So glad I didn't pass. Shoes creasing from wearing them around your house for a few mins is an atrocity.

Last edited:
Totally agree with what you're saying. I have the WC IVs too, and mine are doing great after a handful of wears. And like you, I buy my shoes on the tighter side than most people I think. Only shoes I buy "bigger" are my running/casual shoes that I don't mind them creasing, and usually those are not made out of creasing material, like the Flyknits and New Balances I own.

And I agree with being pissed about a shoe creasing after a few wears. The only shoe I've had that kind of problem with are my CDP Vs. I've wore them a few times and the right shoe has some significant crease on them. None too bad, but enough for me to be mad about it.

Exactly, and i didnt know to go a half size down when i got the WCs. They fit a little loose and still have next to no creasing. They are my favorite release this year fo sho. If only they were Tech Grey instead of Cement Grey (like the OGs and 99s) they'd be perfect imo. I love the shape of the 2012 IVs as well. I cant help but laugh at people who say the leather is uncomfortable for that shoe. The Jordan IVs are an uncomfortable shoe, period. I wore the militaries on my trip to NYC (from Chicago). Wore them on two seperate days for 5 hours and 3 hours as I toured NY and my feet were begging me to go back to my hotel and change shoes. It was to the point where I wished I brought a pair of Dunks or SBs instead (shoes that I have walked around in for longer than 5 hours and didnt leave my feet in pain). From what I remember these are more comfy than the 99s. I dont know how MJ balled in em. They were a performance shoe I get it , but a very uncomfortable one.

I am not bashing the IVs for no reason either. The IVs and Vs are my faves, each for different reasons.

Last edited:
Longest I've wore mine was about 3-4 hours, and I couldn't wait to put on a pair of New Balances. Haha. Still love the shoe though.

And who knows how Jordan played in a lot of his shoes, let alone just the IVs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom