AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

Idk, must've been where you lived.
Was a breeze for me.
Walked in 3 hours after open and they had only sold a handful of pairs.
Guess I was lucky...
eyes.gif
Well I tried online, as apposed to you going in store. It was a 9 pm drop for me in Cali and I was still at Thanksgiving dinner. 

I'm ready for this year tho! 

Patiently waiting. I've beaten my CDP pair to the ground. I'm actually wearing them right now. I hope the midsole doesn't chip as easily. The CDP pair started cracking within my first 3 wears.

Passing on these with ease. I sole swapped my 99 pair and now they're tanks. The 2012s can never replicate the comfort, shape, and overall build of the 1999 retro in my eyes. The slanted mesh makes these look so much better.

I may pick up a pair of these eventually when the hype dies down a little.

Passing on these with ease. I sole swapped my 99 pair and now they're tanks. The 2012s can never replicate the comfort, shape, and overall build of the 1999 retro in my eyes. The slanted mesh makes these look so much better.

If you don't mind me asking, what shoe did you use to sole swap?

For an extra $100+? Where is the sense in that?

If you don't mind me asking, what shoe did you use to sole swap?

Funny story, I couldn't find a pair of donors for a cheap price (Flight Condors, Flight 89s, Dub Zeros, nor Jordan 4s). So I ended up using a decent pair of fake Jordan 4s that I got for $30. I thought it wasn't going to work but sure enough it was nearly a perfect fit. The comfort is actually the same because the air bubble actually has air in it.

But if your looking for donors, use one of the shoes I mentioned. And make sure the donor is THE EXACT size as the OG shoe or else it won't work

For an extra $100+? Where is the sense in that?

The hype will after a couple releases. You seen the White Cement 4's, even Blk/Cement 3's go for 250-300 bucks, now you can find em retail VNDS or NDS just a bit over retail.

This man knows.

Last edited:
Not that far-fetched.  I've seen plenty of 2012 releases in my size (DS condition) going for close to retail and in some cases, below retail on eBay.  Only real exception has been the Olympic VII's and those weren't as plentiful as the other releases.  For whatever reason, some people don't know how to live within their means buying shoes just because that they wind up selling to be prepared for the next release.

love the comparison vid and add'l pics. The material looks similar to the blk/metallic V that came out last yr which isn't a bad thing.

I will double up God-willing.

The hype will after a couple releases. You seen the White Cement 4's, even Blk/Cement 3's go for 250-300 bucks, now you can find em retail VNDS or NDS just a bit over retail.
This man knows.

Yessir. You just need to know where to look. I could get any release from this year for retail if I really wanted to. It's just a matter of waiting for these newbies to move onto the next limited shoe. Whenever something hyped is about to come out, they liquidate their stock and that's when it's time to move in.

In the meantime, I'm not even concerned with these. Everyday when I see Nike Air on my pair I lose more and more focus on these 2012 retros. I'm about to be 29 in a few months and have to step back from buying every new release at some point.

I finally broke out the CDPs in July and it chipped after one wear.

With the bad quality of the CDPs, it's tough to pass up, but I have to. I'm only looking for the Lightnings and Rookie Galaxy's next month, then the Breds in December.

lol yea but near retail for USED shoes... :rolleyes

NDS as in "pass as new". We ain't talkin raggedy sweaty used sneakers here bro dog. Hell you can find releases DS for retail after hype dies dwn. Just a matter of how hard you search. I knw I knw some just gotta have it the first day cuz it's "cool".

Dnt let the join date fool you. I'm not a new cat. Got more years of knowledge on JB then ur average joe.

Last edited:
NDS as in "pass as new". We ain't talkin raggedy sweaty used sneakers here bro dog. Hell you can find releases DS for retail after hype dies dwn. Just a matter of how hard you search. I knw I knw some just gotta have it the first day cuz it's "cool".
Dnt let the join date fool you. I'm not a new cat. Got more years of knowledge on JB then ur average joe.
You can find anything for anything if you search hard enough. Who wants to search for a needle in a haystack though? The only shoes you will find for retail are the shoes nobody wanted. 

I have found a couple BC IIIs for near retail (after tax) hell I found a pair for $190 right now, and I come across this once in a blue moon, on top of that, they are never my size. I unDS most of my shoes after a year at least so I dont need them the first day, it is just the smart thing to do. With the time it takes to find these shoes at retail, I could've gone to work and bought 2-3 more pairs

You can find anything for anything if you search hard enough. Who wants to search for a needle in a haystack though? The only shoes you will find for retail are the shoes nobody wanted. 
You'd be very surprised.  I've seen pretty much every GR from this year over the past month or two going either below retail, near retail, or like 10 bucks over retail which means that after fees most of these dudes are losing money.  For a lot of the kids these days it's just about having the new J's so that they can take Instagram pics and fit in.  The Concords seemed to make a lot of people think they could get rich off of J's.  Yes we're still getting quick sellouts, but for those who don't want the headache of lining up, waiting for RSVPs, or taking their chances with 8am releases, it's not that difficult to land DS Jordans at decent prices.

You'd be very surprised.  I've seen pretty much every GR from this year over the past month or two going either below retail, near retail, or like 10 bucks over retail which means that after fees most of these dudes are losing money.  For a lot of the kids these days it's just about having the new J's so that they can take Instagram pics and fit in.  The Concords seemed to make a lot of people think they could get rich off of J's.  Yes we're still getting quick sellouts, but for those who don't want the headache of lining up, waiting for RSVPs, or taking their chances with 8am releases, it's not that difficult to land DS Jordans at decent prices.
The only shoes I've seen do that are shoes nobody wants. I shop online often. As I said, you can find any shoe below the after market value if you search long and hard enough. Hell I bought some Carmines for 223 and we both know they sell in the high 300 - 600 range on the regular. It's usually the shoes nobody really cares about that sell for for around retail such as the Fire Red 4's, Military 4's etc. Till this day, I still see Concords selling for in the 300 - 375 range on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom