AIR JORDAN 4 Black/Cement/Grey BLACK FRIDAY via COUNTERKICKS 03/08/12

You'd be very surprised.  I've seen pretty much every GR from this year over the past month or two going either below retail, near retail, or like 10 bucks over retail which means that after fees most of these dudes are losing money.  For a lot of the kids these days it's just about having the new J's so that they can take Instagram pics and fit in.  The Concords seemed to make a lot of people think they could get rich off of J's.  Yes we're still getting quick sellouts, but for those who don't want the headache of lining up, waiting for RSVPs, or taking their chances with 8am releases, it's not that difficult to land DS Jordans at decent prices.
The only shoes I've seen do that are shoes nobody wants. I shop online often. As I said, you can find any shoe below the after market value if you search long and hard enough. Hell I bought some Carmines for 223 and we both know they sell in the high 300 - 600 range on the regular. It's usually the shoes nobody really cares about that sell for for around retail such as the Fire Red 4's, Military 4's etc. Till this day, I still see Concords selling for in the 300 - 375 range on a daily basis.
Concords are pretty much the exception and old releases are a completely different ballgame all together.  I think we're pretty much in agreement on those.

If you're waiting a few years then it's going to come at a premium as the supply will begin to dry up increasing the demand in the process.

A few months though, you can typically find these releases without much efffort.  Chicago X's, White Cement IVs, Playoff XII's, Obsidian XII's, Cavs IVs, etc. I've seen them all on a routine basis go for pretty much MSRP.  Most of these sellers don't know the right window to operate within in order to maximize profit.

One of my connects, who works at a major retailer, said he wanted to trade me 2 pair of black-cement IVs for my DS Flint VII. And yes, I'm doing it. I've been trying to trade those things for at least 4 years; about time. Added bonus, I don't have to get down on Black Friday now.
Some of you cats may think he's getting over on me, but i'm from the school of trading for what i want, and getting rid of what i don't. I've had those Flints for 6 years, and they were given to me after dude couldn't pay a March Madness bet. I even told my guy I'd take one pair of IVs up front, and a pair of Air Force Max (blk/silver) when they drop next Spring, if he could only grab one pair of IVs in my size... either way, My Body Is (Still) Ready :smokin

wdup BinYe... You need to Post More, player

ALSO... Ya'll see the Oregon Ducks IVs that leaked today? That leather though...

Last edited:
^^^^That trade was money! I woulda done the same... And those Oregon IV's are killin it. I want a pair bad... Which will never happen ahaha but nice to look at.

Damn those early pairs are looking really nice... im jealous

im pretty new to the jordan game. typically, release date jordans wont have only a 2 week production date right? but the guy who posted his are looking real good. whats the difference? sorry for the noob questoins ha.

I hope the quality on these is good. My white cements from this year are prob the best quality shoe ive purchased in the longest time. Especially form JB. Other than tiny creases on the inside, they could pass for DS if i cleaned em up a lil. The toe box is practically flawless and i was wearin em allll summer.

Concords are pretty much the exception and old releases are a completely different ballgame all together.  I think we're pretty much in agreement on those.

If you're waiting a few years then it's going to come at a premium as the supply will begin to dry up increasing the demand in the process.

A few months though, you can typically find these releases without much efffort.  Chicago X's, White Cement IVs, Playoff XII's, Obsidian XII's, Cavs IVs, etc. I've seen them all on a routine basis go for pretty much MSRP.  Most of these sellers don't know the right window to operate within in order to maximize profit.

I see white cements, obisidian and playoff XIIs poppin up for under retail all the time. But thats because they are B-grade. The chicago Xs were not that hard to get, and while i remember seeing a few restocks for the cavs, they got bought up real quick as far as i remember. Theyre still gonna cost you 300+ i would imagine off ebay, NT, ISS etc. Also none of these shoes are as popular as the bred IVs.

Last edited:

I see white cements, obisidian and playoff XIIs poppin up for under retail all the time. But thats because they are B-grade. The chicago Xs were not that hard to get, and while i remember seeing a few restocks for the cavs, they got bought up real quick as far as i remember. Theyre still gonna cost you 300+ i would imagine off ebay, NT, ISS etc. Also none of these shoes are as popular as the bred IVs.
You're seeing B-grades, I'm seeing A-Grades.  I know what I'm seeing, unless you'd like a bunch of closed auctions as proof.  If these are a true GR they're not going to fetch Concord prices.  Anyone looking to actually make money off of them will either get them off Thanksgiving weekend or keep them on ice for a few years.  Unless you have the bread to make the investment, what's the point of the latter?

Call me crazy, but I'd have to think that White Cement IVs are just as popular as Black Cement IVs although I'm biased as they are my two favorite J's of all time (when true to the OG).  We'll know in a few months.

The thunder IV shouldn't have the grey lining either right? They are made with the same nubuck as the breds right? Or will the thunders have durabuck?

I think I'll wait till the hype for these kind of cools down. i will pick up a pair later on or hell I might just get a pair on release date idk yet.

Last edited:
Did anyone who pre-ordered from sol3society get their pairs in yet? At least an order confirmation?

Pre-ordered a couple weeks ago. Got a confirmation email, for the purchase, but Paypal hasnt even been billed yet. I'll post up any updates. Ill probably give them a call tomorrow, see if I can get through

Hey peeps, i'm gonna be in waukegan, il when these come out, do you think i hv a better chance of copping these at niketown chicago, or somewhere in gurnee??

The thunder IV shouldn't have the grey lining either right? They are made with the same nubuck as the breds right? Or will the thunders have durabuck?
They will have the same nubuck as the charcoal 7's with the white lineing. Better than the black
Friday release IV's. Wich should be the other way around.

Pre-ordered a couple weeks ago. Got a confirmation email, for the purchase, but Paypal hasnt even been billed yet. I'll post up any updates. Ill probably give them a call tomorrow, see if I can get through
I sent them an email as well. Just waiting on a response

Back
Top Bottom