Air Jordan 4 Metallics

Bumping this because I’m curious if these are more comfortable and use softer leather than the other IV’s in recent memory?
They’re definitely pretty damn soft and I think they did a great job with them. They’re a little softer than my 2017 pure money 4’s. I’m looking to complete the pack and have 3 of the 4 colorways. The weather isn’t really that good to wear all white just yet but as soon as the winter is over they’re getting worn. The tongue’s are a lot thicker and they look like they’re going to be a little better comfort wise compared to most of the other 4’s that have released since 2012.

I would say definitely, I only bought the purple ones but have been thinking about the orange recently.
Grab them as soon as you can. I’ve been watching them on a daily basis and the price seems to be climbing on that colorway. That’s the only pair I have left to complete the pack. I got the purples for retail and immediately went for the red because that was probably the best color out of the 4 so I figured the price is only going to go up. Just got the green metallics on GOAT for $365. The orange metallics are around $315 for size 10-10.5 right now. A couple of months ago I could’ve gotten them for around $250-$260 and I now regret not pulling the trigger when they were that low.

They’re definitely pretty damn soft and I think they did a great job with them. They’re a little softer than my 2017 pure money 4’s. I’m looking to complete the pack and have 3 of the 4 colorways. The weather isn’t really that good to wear all white just yet but as soon as the winter is over they’re getting worn. The tongue’s are a lot thicker and they look like they’re going to be a little better comfort wise compared to most of the other 4’s that have released since 2012.
Is the tongue stitching not all janky tho? I like the yellowed cage on em so don’t mind wearing to wear and get worn in/aged

I noticed yellowing on mine after like 5 wears. I kept them out of my box on a shoe rack in my apartment's entryway. I also sold them on ebay a few weeks ago. Still like them a lot, but had to make room for something else.

How do these fit compared to unions? I heard unions run a little big so not sure how to compare, that’s the only pair of 4’s I’ve had in a while and they do feel a little but.

Is the tongue stitching not all janky tho? I like the yellowed cage on em so don’t mind wearing to wear and get worn in/aged
Mine seem to be ok for the most part. The greens I got have slightly janky stitching but it’s not as bad in person. I’ve definitely seen pairs though where ( like you mentioned ) the top of the tongue’s were not holding a straight edge or shape due to the stitching.

Last edited:
Finally completed the pack. Although the red is probably my favorite colorway out of the 4, I gotta say the orange pair I received is super clean and seems to have the best feel.
1E989F96-BFAF-46B6-833B-7592A29C663B.jpeg
2F5C9597-7AEB-4220-8F60-D641E0DB744F.jpeg
9DDAD03C-CEC5-4603-ADF2-3308590C8840.jpeg
B5B0027C-1CF2-4CE5-AA9C-3CBFED535974.jpeg

Damn fire!

Would you consider the pure money pair as a close second to this pack? Same color blocking but with silver?
Thanks man, I just had to have this pack completed and the J4 is easily my favorite Jordan all time. Yeah I absolutely would consider it a close 2nd and I get that they just re-released those in 2017 but I honestly think that those should have been part of this pack because like you said it’s the same damn shoe or same type blocking/colorway just silver. I actually almost included those in the pictures I posted here but I didn’t because they’re technically not part of the Metallic pack. I actually cleared out a space in my stack of retros so that they all lined up side-by-side.

E466D935-ED8F-4BDC-A8D7-FB519D7C8167.jpeg

Attachments

• 1F1FB49D-6CBA-47B3-96EF-F447FB6AEB9A.jpeg
    1F1FB49D-6CBA-47B3-96EF-F447FB6AEB9A.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 432
Love these should’ve coped a second pair when prices was affordable lbs
1CF84B65-7083-4935-A36E-1F963084A5A9.jpeg
The green pair is defintely a clean one. I want to say that this is the pair that cost me the most on the secondary market when I was trying to complete the pack. And that was when prices were still somewhat affordable. Now every colorway is like $600 and up depending on size. The fact that the netting yellows as easily and quickly as it does still irks the sh*t out of me. I really can't believe Jordan Brand did that. What the hell is the difference between this netting and the netting they used on say the 2016 white cements ? I've worn my WC 4's roughly 25-30 times and the netting is still nice and white.

The green pair is defintely a clean one. I want to say that this is the pair that cost me the most on the secondary market when I was trying to complete the pack. And that was when prices were still somewhat affordable. Now every colorway is like $600 and up depending on size. The fact that the netting yellows as easily and quickly as it does still irks the sh*t out of me. I really can't believe Jordan Brand did that. What the hell is the difference between this netting and the netting they used on say the 2016 white cements ? I've worn my WC 4's roughly 25-30 times and the netting is still nice and white.
99 netting white as toothpaste to this day

99 netting white as toothpaste to this day
Crazy brother and that's dope that you have a 99' pair. What they hell did they use for the metallic pack ? I mean obviously it's an inferior material but I just can't believe they did that with such a beautiful shoe/ /pack. They look so nice the way they are and when the netting yellows it's the biggest eyesore ever.

I’m very sorry. I don’t how to start a thread. I’m 49. I love the four. I’ve always been a lurker. But I read everything on this site. I don’t know how to start a thread. I wanted to know what should I do with all my AJ 20’s. I have two stealths, the western Carolina Blue from Las Vegas. The Quick Stike. The “Playoff”. I bought two pairs of the Darth Vader’s wanting to cut the straps off.

Back
Top Bottom