Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

I have like 0 access to most shoes so I always have to go the resale route so I feel like aside from off-white 4s, a lot of these limited more hyped shoes are having a much higher floor than two years ago (Chunky Dunkys shouldn’t be anywhere near the $1600 resale those mf started at as another example).

Before right around release even the most hyped shoes were like 550-650 and then 750+ was considered high... most of these shoes are freaking starting at $750+ and we consider it a good deal lol ****s gone bananas

I have like 0 access to most shoes so I always have to go the resale route so I feel like aside from off-white 4s, a lot of these limited more hyped shoes are having a much higher floor than two years ago. Before right around release even the most hyped shoes were like 550-650 and then 750+ was considered high... most of these shoes are freaking starting at $750+ and we consider it a good deal lol ****s gone bananas
That’s why I stay away from the resell route. Plus, so many nice shoes release that are sleepers.

Ya def... my prob is I go for sleepers also... but then of course a lot of the stuff I want is stupid limited even **** I think I have a chance on ( was interested in A cold wall converse the other day and they literally sold out before they hit the site)

so I buy what I can at retail but I still spend a ton on the resell market also smh I’m sure you guys know how that is lol

I have like 0 access to most shoes so I always have to go the resale route so I feel like aside from off-white 4s, a lot of these limited more hyped shoes are having a much higher floor than two years ago (Chunky Dunkys shouldn’t be anywhere near the $1600 resale those mf started at as another example).

Before right around release even the most hyped shoes were like 550-650 and then 750+ was considered high... most of these shoes are freaking starting at $750+ and we consider it a good deal lol ****s gone bananas

100% this. Anyone who has been observing the market these past few months can attest to this. Honestly its people being really irresponsible with those unemployment checks imo.

But even people who aren't getting those checks assuming they haven't lost their jobs have a ton of extra disposable income to spend on frivolous things now. I have so much extra cash every month from not really eating out anymore or going out on weekends its kinda scary. A real eye opener to how easy we spend cash when we don't think about it.
Kinda easy to see how people would just take that excess cash and burn it into their hobby.

honestly I think StockX is fixing prices. There’s no way some sneakers should be priced the way they are. Especially when you compare what the most hyped shoes were going for the past few years.

honestly I think StockX is fixing prices. There’s no way some sneakers should be priced the way they are. Especially when you compare what the most hyped shoes were going for the past few years.
I wish bankruptcy for StockX and I don't necessarily think this is entirely inaccurate, but the prices for a lot of collectibles have increased dramatically in recent years, in part, because interest rates are so low with no increase in sight. Cf. trading cards.

I wish that Union was more creative with the midsole. I would easily trade these or sell them to get my union 1s back.
DDF6DA76-E61E-48C0-9E3C-0F626DF34F58.jpeg

Damn , looks like someone on the assembly line messed up and then tried to cover it with almost the same color nail polish 😬🤣 smh

So is only the snkrs release delayed to the 16th? Or are retailers delayed as well? Was looking forward to the 30th

Damn , looks like someone on the assembly line messed up and then tried to cover it with almost the same color nail polish 😬🤣 smh

I have a few QC issues on my Guava pair as well. I literally had a strip of tape on one tongue and a small pen mark on the suede. Not a huge deal since I’m wearing, but annoying.

I wasn’t planning on getting guavas but now I feel I have to after getting these in hand. Love them. I think I might wait to see if I can get another noir next month to flip for guavas. But if they go up too much by then I might be assed out.

Anyway, LOVE these. I think I’m going to actually wear them asap.

685A068E-4354-41B2-A8A3-4BAEC432CDAE.jpeg

If you dont have noir’s and want to buy a pair, at least wait for the release later this month before you go the resale route

1600601899525.gif

give yourself a fighting chance at least lol
Except that’s literally what everyone is thinking. Everyone thinks they’ll get that W on the 16th. Prices will definitely spike after all the Ls roll in. This is probably the time to pay resell. Also would hold these until after the 16th if I were looking to sell.

Back
Top Bottom