Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

🤭
300D1FE7-5E7E-4549-A02C-F872A548FB40.jpeg
Still the best cw.

tenor.gif

but dang 3god 3god , can't believe the taupes made you double back for the off noirs you originally hated so much lol

In all fairness, it is/was the Guavas I dissed well beyond anything related to the Noirs. My initial gripe with the Noirs was the shape (as is the case with all 4s), the blue collar and at the time what I perceived as an overly yellow midsole. However, as time has passed, I have grown to appreciate the aggressively vintaged midsole. I’ve loved vintage design for a while now, but it has definitely grown over the past year. The blue is actually a nice touch, especially in hand. The shape still leaves some to be desired, but some of the angles flow really well with the design. The toe is well done, as the materials used add really nice character. In the end, yes I flip flopped hard on the Union 4. Regardless, I can admit that and appreciate where I am with them afterall.

Last edited:
In all fairness, it is/was the Guavas I dissed well beyond anything related to the Noirs. My initial gripe with the Noirs was the shape (as is the case with all 4s), the blue collar and at the time what I perceived as an overly yellow midsole. However, as time has passed, I have grown to appreciate the aggressively vintaged midsole. I’ve loved vintage design for a while now, but it has definitely grown over the past year. The blue is actually a nice touch, especially in hand. The shape still leaves some to be desired, but some of the angles flow really well with the design. The toe is well done, as the materials used add really nice character. In the end, yes I flip flopped hard on the Union 4. Regardless, I can admit that and appreciate where I am with them afterall.
I’ll say it until I can’t anymore, but I happens to us all (though I’m sure someone will say they’ve NEVER changed their mind over a pair of kicks). I wasn’t the biggest fan of the LAtoChis (specific details of the black contrast stitching, black outsole, and not true Lakers’ shades were my issues), but the more I looked at them over time, especially being a huge Kobe fan and realizing that’s the closest we’ll get to the true Lakers 1, and especially with the passing of Kobe, I came to the conclusion that I needed them, and got them. And I’m glad I did, as I love them.

I was definitely chuckling to myself though when you called out someone’s irony, as it’s ironic how you specifically were against the Taupes (said Union x JB was “done,” and even stated that Union should separate themselves from the design all together), but now you defend them against others that aren’t fans. But like I said, sht happens, and it’s all good. I’ll welcome anyone that’s a fan of the Taupes, regardless of when they became fans. They are super dope IMO, I’m glad I was able to obtain, and they deserve the defense if you ask me!

Besides, I’ll take this type of discussion over another SECOND of “quality” or “SBB” leather. Ugh!

Gold laces? 🤣 Terrible.

Cream laces on the other hand… 👀
Yeah, I’m not the biggest fan of the yellow/gold laces on the 4s. Not enough of the yellow on the upper for me. I threw them in my BT 1s though, and I think they look great. I put the split white/sail on the top and black on the bottom laces in my Noirs, and that look is perfect IMO. Balances perfectly with the sail outsole/midsole and the sail-ish flipped down tongue.

I’ll say it until I can’t anymore, but I happens to us all (though I’m sure someone will say they’ve NEVER changed their mind over a pair of kicks). I wasn’t the biggest fan of the LAtoChis (specific details of the black contrast stitching, black outsole, and not true Lakers’ shades were my issues), but the more I looked at them over time, especially being a huge Kobe fan and realizing that’s the closest we’ll get to the true Lakers 1, and especially with the passing of Kobe, I came to the conclusion that I needed them, and got them. And I’m glad I did, as I love them.

I was definitely chuckling to myself though when you called out someone’s irony, as it’s ironic how you specifically were against the Taupes (said Union x JB was “done,” and even stated that Union should separate themselves from the design all together), but now you defend them against others that aren’t fans. But like I said, sht happens, and it’s all good. I’ll welcome anyone that’s a fan of the Taupes, regardless of when they became fans. They are super dope IMO, I’m glad I was able to obtain, and they deserve the defense if you ask me!

Besides, I’ll take this type of discussion over another SECOND of “quality” or “SBB” leather. Ugh!

I can definitely appreciate your response here. That’s part of the beauty of sneakers. Sometimes it takes a while to get inspired or to see the greatness in a design, colorway, etc.

lol you my number 1 man. its not even hate at this point.

idc bout resale. more like finding an outfit to match?

its not like theyre sz13 taupes.

not that hard to pull these off, quite effortlessly with this Polo :nthat:

Im just glad that according to these comments I only like the colors that aren't limited bc resale is off the chain.

Seems like they made 1 size 12 Taupe/Haze. I don't want to do StockX but I will if I keep struggling like this...

Back
Top Bottom