Air Jordan 4 x UNION LA Thread

remember when people were slandering the OW swiss cheesed up 5's and virgil tweeted this lol. People was big mad about the OW 5 being All Star Weekend Chicago only

1596055759073.png

That’s a great point. Although we have gotten more colors of within the off white collab we haven’t gotten any outside of it.

it would simply come down to what Nike decides to do. Nike seems to have a very special relationship with Nike.

most other times this isn’t the case
Kith collab

kith-nike-air-maestro-2-release-date

Regular degulars
nike-air-maestro-2-white-16f3-600.jpg

1596048620763.jpeg

Don C collab
jordan-312-legacy-just-don-c-retro-pack-3.jpg

Reggies

jordan-legacy-312-toro-av3922-601-2.jpg

images

Confused at what I highlighted above in bold. Also not sure of the overall point you're trying to make.

What I was saying is that it's possible and something Nike would indeed do, in making a unique variation (remix) of a shoe/silhouette for a collab...ie: the Off White Stuff. Yes they came in various colorways, but the make/model were ONLY for Off White.

E Enjoy The Ride ... Off White is being discussed not for praise, but for the sole purpose of it's relation to Union getting permission from Nike to "remix" an iconic silhouette. I don't see anyone praising Off White in this thread.

Confused at what I highlighted above in bold. Also not sure of the overall point you're trying to make.

What I was saying is that it's possible and something Nike would indeed do, in making a unique variation (remix) of a shoe/silhouette for a collab...ie: the Off White Stuff. Yes they came in various colorways, but the make/model were ONLY for Off White.

E Enjoy The Ride ... Off White is being discussed not for praise, but for the sole purpose of it's relation to Union getting permission from Nike to "remix" an iconic silhouette. I don't see anyone praising Off White in this thread.
My bad Lmao

That suppose to be "Virgil seems to have a very special relationship with Nike" That's on me.

We're pretty much saying the same thing tho. Nike could choose to either leave it as a Union only model or make non-collab iterations. We've seen both instances, so it's up to their discretion.

Nike should just leak these images as soon as the shoe is finalized. These look great to me in all but the initial shots from a few days ago. Even there you could tell it was an interesting shoe just terrible angles.
Feel like the initial reaction would’ve definitely been different.

While I’ve NEVER seen anyone rock 4s with the tongue folded over to show the “Air Jordan,” and I NEVER had any inclination to do so, I do think it’s pretty dope that they did that to the tongue on these. You can see that they literally folded that sht over and stitched it down! The more I look at these, the more I want. Put me on the “down from jump” list!
62D8B113-60E8-45B3-8969-7BFE878E435A.jpeg

While I’ve NEVER seen anyone rock 4s with the tongue folded over to show the “Air Jordan,” and I NEVER had any inclination to do so, I do think it’s pretty dope that they did that to the tongue on these. You can see that they literally folded that sht over and stitched it down! The more I look at these, the more I want. Put me on the “down from jump” list!
I’ve never even seen a single picture of someone rocking them that way. I feel like maybe it’s a complete myth lol

The turn is happening pretty fast 😂, by the time we get official images from union everyone will be 100% on board and NEED a pair. I'm definitely in but like I said before its strictly retail or bust on these.

Lol y’all think I’m playing ... them deltas is sick that’s the hardest new JB sneaker in a while.

I’ve never even seen a single picture of someone rocking them that way. I feel like maybe it’s a complete myth lol
It might be. Though, I’ve always wondered why the “Air Jordan” on the back of the tongue of the Jordan 4 was upside down like that. I always just chalked it up to some weird ‘80s sht, but maybe it had a function.

These are good shoes, y’all trippin. I’ll I’m gonna say I’m going is that Imma see a lot of familiar faces that will say “these shoes have grown on me” and then get mad when they take the L.

It might be. Though, I’ve always wondered why the “Air Jordan” on the back of the tongue of the Jordan 4 was upside down like that. I always just chalked it up to some weird ‘80s sht, but maybe it had a function.

I'm sure there were a couple of cats on this earth who actually maneuvered/rigged the tongue to stay in place and rocked them like that...but they're in the extreme minority.

What I do know is that the AIR JORDAN being upside down was simply for when heads would quickly flip the tongue forward to show off this little hidden gem. Nothing less, nothing more. I personally witnessed this in 1990 at a local youth center. This dude Jarred just got the Metallic V's. Walked in with a different pair on his feet. Opened his backpack to pull out the V's only to ball in. Then laced them up while all of us were in awe. And flipped the tongue forward to show us.

I'm sure there were a couple of cats on this earth who actually maneuvered/rigged the tongue to stay in place and rocked them like that...but they're in the extreme minority.

What I do know is that the AIR JORDAN being upside down was simply for when heads would quickly flip the tongue forward to show off this little hidden gem. Nothing less, nothing more. I personally witnessed this in 1990 at a local youth center. This dude Jarred just got the Metallic V's. Walked in with a different pair on his feet. Opened his backpack to pull out the V's only to ball in. Then laced them up while all of us were in awe. And flipped the tongue forward to show us.
Maybe you’re right. I don’t know. But I’ve felt that the 4 tongue was a lot different than the 5 tongue though. I can picture the 4 tongue being flipped down, as opposed to the stiffer/firmer Jordan 5 tongue. Again, you might be right, but I wonder if the detail was on the 4 for that very reason, while it was on the 5 simply as a passed down detail from the 4, without really having the same functionality. Who knows.

Hopefully you can just snip the stitches and get a regular tongue. Also wish the wing had the cut out. Looks ugly as a solid triangle.

Back
Top Bottom