Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

Man hook a member up lol

You must not live in the states
Australia. But everything has sold out here over the last year. Only 2 that sat were white 5's earlier this year and the 7's that droppes last year. Foams, 4's, 11's, all sood out on the day. Kobes, kd's and lebronsall sit. $220 retail though, then if you want the hook up its around $60 shipping to the US. Cheaper for anyone in the US to pay someone locally.

whoever said the tongue was way too padded and looked fake must have either been:

a) looking at an "unauthorized" pair

b) smoking crack

c) all of the above
roll.gif

whoever said the tongue was way too padded and looked fake must have either been:
a) looking at an "unauthorized" pair
b) smoking crack
c) all of the above
Bruh... LOL...

My pairs came in plus my lookout pairs... They just seem meh to me. Probably give em to a wanting friend.

Grails' collection almost complete; just need JB to quit BS'n & release the damn Columbia already

fammmmmm my grail collection would be ******g complete if i just had those royals
mean.gif

im surprised someone else has tb3's as their grails they are the most slept on between the wc and bc
laugh.gif

they my grails too
pimp.gif
Yea man, blue was always my fav color..hahaha I remember liking Leo from TMNT & Billy the Blue Ranger

Deja Vu times 10... most you hate the quality, but want to look good for everyone else I assume, so your keeping the shoes. if it looks as bad as most of you are describing then pass to ppl who really want them lol... you just stressed yourself out for nothing. I easily passed on Bred XIIIs cause they just looked like a loaf of bread that got smashed lol... couldnt find not one decent pair and I loooooove that shoe. I wantes these for my Miami trip, thought it would be nice for the sunny weather, but as usual I struck out first round.The thirst is real in LA with CL flooded with these, refuse to pay anything over retail though.

Yeah, it's funny some of the comments up here.

Instead of being compared to OG's, now you have people comparing kicks to the previous retro.

Next time they retro V's, if they aren't like this batch people will complain. People were warned a long time ago they would be like the fire red's released earlier. Just like the 2006 batches of V's were all similar. Those had softer leather which wrinkled easier and weren't as high and people complained.

People need blogs to whine up there.

The reason people complained about the 06 retro is because the quality wasnt as good as the OGs.
The same way this retro isnt as good as the 06s. You just proved my point clown.
06 Grapes vs '13 Grapes. 06 Grapes wins EVERY time. The same way OG Grapes> 06 Grapes

Additionally, I said overall the shoe is decent. So if Im saying that this is one of my favorite Vs, what is the point of returning the shoe?
That is a stupid *** suggestion.

Not liking cheap material =/= Not liking the shoe.

Is that really hard for you to understand? Or are you just playing dumb?

People used to post pictures of the issues they are having...now they could just be attempting to troll and not even own a pair of the kicks they are complaining about. Point I'm making is that he could be salty that he missed out....lol

Uhhhh No. Try again.
But you know you actually make a valid point. This is NT. Pics or ducktales, right? OK.

'06 retro- left '13 retro right
View media item 405711View media item 405712View media item 40572006 Retro
View media item 405730View media item 405731'13 Retro
View media item 405724View media item 405727
Stitching
'06 on the left '13 on the right
View media item 405746View media item 405747Raised jumpman from mutiple layers of stitching>>>Flat jumpman from one layer of stitching
View media item 405750View media item 405752Same on the back of the shoe. Raised Jumpman > Flat Jumpman
View media item 405753View media item 405754
Leather
'13 leather is paper thin.
View media item 405755View media item 405756View media item 405757View media item 405760
'06 Cloth > '13 Pre-creased leather
View media item 405764View media item 405765The cloth keeps the rubber mesh on the tongue flat
View media item 405768That cheap *** leather makes the rubber mesh on the tongue do this.
View media item 405770
Toe box
The leather on the '13 retros' toe box goes up about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the 06 retros.
(These shoes are sitting at the same level.)

View media item 405774View media item 405776
They even skimped on the lacelocks. Damn JB what happened to the Jumpman?
View media item 405777
But like I said in my first post I should've already known that it would be like this dealing with JB.

Uhhhh No. Try again.
But you know you actually make a valid point. This is NT. Pics or ducktales, right? OK.

'06 retro- left '13 retro right
View media item 405711View media item 405712View media item 40572006 Retro
View media item 405730View media item 405731'13 Retro
View media item 405724View media item 405727
Stitching
'06 on the left '13 on the right
View media item 405746View media item 405747Raised jumpman from mutiple layers of stitching>>>Flat jumpman from one layer of stitching
View media item 405750View media item 405752Same on the back of the shoe. Raised Jumpman > Flat Jumpman
View media item 405753View media item 405754
Leather
'13 leather is paper thin.
View media item 405755View media item 405756View media item 405757View media item 405760
'06 Cloth > '13 Pre-creased leather
View media item 405764View media item 405765The cloth keeps the rubber mesh on the tongue flat
View media item 405768That cheap *** leather makes the rubber mesh on the tongue do this.
View media item 405770
Toe box
The leather on the '13 retros' toe box goes up about 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the 06 retros.
(These shoes are sitting at the same level.)

View media item 405774View media item 405776
They even skimped on the lacelocks. Damn JB what happened to the Jumpman?
View media item 405777
But like I said in my first post I should've already known that it would be like this dealing with JB.
thanks for the comparison i would have missed the details its ashame how things change for the worse but the price increases.

That's a great comparison. The shape of the 2013s look better but the leather on the 2006 is top notch.

That was a great comparison. But... For those who never owned an '06 pair, or any pair before the recent years, I don't think this should/would even matter. Probably doesn't. For most of these cats relatively new to Jordan's, today's shoe is the standard. Most have never seen OG's in person, or early run retros. Their ties to the brand comes from today's shoes (hype).

I bought these, but I'm really not a fan of the V's. Purple is my favorite color, so I just bought a pair. I missed out on the '06 pair, was in high school and probably just broke when they dropped. I started out in '03, 9th grade. Years before this was "the thing" to do.

The 2013's actually look better. I own the 2006's but sold them a few months back. I like that they changed that cloth on the tongue because always gets that dingy look, like on the White/Varsity Red 6's. The higher roll on the toe box has a more casual look.

13 > 06 imo.

Glad they dropped the cloth on tounges!

That's the reason why I wore my 06s rarely. Once the cloth gets dirty, the shoe looks like crap.,...

Very nice comparison bruh ! Very well done, good attention to detail. You hit the mail on the head ! @ jayzrcrack

I remember listing the diffs between 06 and 13 a few pages back. The one about cloth vs leather on the bottom of the tongue is what got me. I didn't know it would have so much affect on that. I see a lot of the rubber screens getting all tangled up like the pic above. That never used to happen like that, I couldn't understand why for the life of me. Now I get why.
DAMN JB !!! Cutting corners anywhere just for that lil extra $$$ per kick. Which i am sure equates to big numbers given all production. So if you look at all those details, that makes A big diff. The leather damn near half the thickness, those other details like cloth vs leather, and overall build. I saw one review vid on the recent 8's bugs. Dude lifted up the sole, there was cardboard under the sole. He says straight from JB ! Now I never lift my soles up, but they said even the 08 ones have cardboard under. Anyone know about this ?

Last edited:
Australia. But everything has sold out here over the last year. Only 2 that sat were white 5's earlier this year and the 7's that droppes last year. Foams, 4's, 11's, all sood out on the day. Kobes, kd's and lebronsall sit. $220 retail though, then if you want the hook up its around $60 shipping to the US. Cheaper for anyone in the US to pay someone locally.

Thanks for the info though.

Thanx guys. I do agree with you guys about the cloth getting dingy. If there was a way to clean it, it would be all good, but there isnt.
Is anyone else having problems with the rubber mesh on the tongue or is that exclusive to my pair?

Guys there are good cleaners out, the ones that foam up. Will take that cloth and make it look factory fresh ! Trust ! I thought it was a better move with leather as well, but seeing those comp pics. I don't know now, unless JB can work those kinks out.

Im still deciding if i should keep the grape or the fire red release back in JAN... The teal and purple is classic but cant really match with a lot of things  

Back
Top Bottom