Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

embarassed.gif

I only got these sneaks to wear strictly with this jacket. Otherwise, I would've avoided getting them because of common knowledge that JB quality on retros done depreciated several years ago. Its honestly virtually impossible to find sneaks that match this jacket, so it had to be the Grape V to go with this for me.

I could've perhaps worn my low top all white Air Force 1 Supreme from 2007 with this jacket. But the mid-soles turned yellow, perhaps a proper restoration job could salvage them. But AF1 is so played out to me, and its too easily accessible.

I guess the Grape V gave me a good challenge to find something that matches closely to my jacket, it was also a competitive challenge to pick them up for me, and it won't be something that will be accessible again so that was my decision based on those reasons.

At least I can be different with my Grape V since peeps don't wear Mitchell & Ness stuff like that anymore, hey this ain't 2000 to early 2003 when throwbacks were trendy! At least I won't follow suit with white tees, polo shirts, or JB Grape gimmick tees like most of the other people.

Too much white? Then why did you buy them in the first place when you can see pics of the shoe before hand. SMH 
Most of these cats now a days are just hypebeast! They just want the J's because everyone wants them or is talking about them! Had these the back in 06' and still have them...Copped these simply because the Grapes and Blk Tongues are the best V's to me...Laney's are my Grail

Lots of Grapes still available in London.
thats because people down there have there priorites straight. everyone is focused on obtaining a good job or if they dont have the funds for the shoe, they leave it on the shoe rack. im asuming resellers are nonexsistent

yeah i actually bought it to match SB 8s but matches these too. because of everyone overly matching these, i doubt ill wear the rest of the stuff while wearing the grapes (except the Vintage Hornets Script and Starter Hornets snapbacks, these are too necessary)
Diamond Backs snap is clean too IMO, everyone's rocking the hornets snap.

These are extremely stiff. To the point they feel like boots. LOL.....Are 5s usually this stiff?
Nope, just the quality of the leather JB uses now, the leather on the 8's were like paper. It's ridiculous. Which is why I hunt down pre 2009 Jordans.

I am seeing these sold for less than $210 now

I followed an auction that ended at $200 with $10 shipping and forgot to bid. I am so heated now.

Lots of Grapes still available in London.
thats because people down there have there priorites straight. everyone is focused on obtaining a good job or if they dont have the funds for the shoe, they leave it on the shoe rack. im asuming resellers are nonexsistent
It's because everyone has their own style and don't fall for the hype, we do wear Jordans in London but particular ones. Resellers are scarce also, it became a trend last year but that's dying down very quickly because in all actuality you can only make a decent profit selling overseas. You very rarely see people wearing the same shoes and if they are it's usually an air max sneaker not Jordans.

It's because everyone has their own style and don't fall for the hype, we do wear Jordans in London but particular ones. Resellers are scarce also, it became a trend last year but that's dying down very quickly because in all actuality you can only make a decent profit selling overseas. You very rarely see people wearing the same shoes and if they are it's usually an air max sneaker not Jordans.
people have there in own style in the u.s. they just love sneakers and when i mean sneakers i mean nikes,jordans, reebox and addidas. once that inital shoe releases it sells out instantly. Do you think the black toes will be easy to purchase in london? was the 88s easy to purchase over there or was there a hype train??

Back
Top Bottom