Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

:smh:  you put them on, if you use the term CORRECTLY as many people don't these days, they aren't ds....
so the shoes you buy at foot locker aren't DS as well if the employee tried them on.  see how stupid that sounds?

Even if someone tries on the shoes, trying them on, they are STILL BRAND NEW.

:smh:

Add Deadstock to the pot along with VNDS.

Deadstock does not mean New in Box, it simply means never unlaced and never tried on. This word predates most of the kids on this site. Paranormans for example, the box is sealed. Just to prove they are "Deadstock"

so the shoes you buy at foot locker aren't DS as well if the employee tried them on.  see how stupid that sounds?

like many have said, STILL BRAND NEW =/= DS
tongue.gif

Dead stock to me always meant never tried on, brand new in box meant maybe they've been tried on but never worn for a long period of time outside or inside. I'm in the older category of age so my opinion is based on experience, the word dead stock is being used too loosely these days. If you intend on selling a sneaker that's why you purchased it you have no business trying them on regardless, the buyer should be the only person creasing the shoe with the first wear. I do believe some stores now warn the consumer that if he or she tries on a limited shoe that might crease easily he or she has more or less committed to buying them. Once you try on a shoe the value realistically should go down but people will tolerate anything these days.

Last edited:
Dead stock to me always meant never tried on, brand new in box meant maybe they've been tried on but never worn for a long period of time outside or inside. I'm in the older category of age so my opinion is based on experience, the word dead stock is being used too loosely these days. If you intend on selling a sneaker that's why you purchased it you have no business trying them on regardless, the buyer should be the only person creasing the shoe with the first wear. I do believe some stores now warn the consumer that if he or she tries on a limited shoe that might crease easily he or she has more or less committed to buying them. Once you try on a shoe the value realistically should go down but people will tolerate anything these days.
Agreed. It's like saying "I tried on your girlfriend for 10mins around the house, is she still considered Deadstock?" NOPE

if someone tried on the shoe, it's no longer considered dead stock.

dead stock means NEVER TRIED ON AND STILL FACTORY LACED.

View media item 411889

if someone tried on the shoe, it's no longer considered dead stock.

dead stock means NEVER TRIED ON AND STILL FACTORY LACED.
I don't understand why this is even a discussion, NEW IN BOX IS DIFFERENT FROM DEADSTOCK. No one is saying the shoes ain't new, they just ain't dead stock. Dead stock shoes are literally a pair of shoes that have never had a foot inside of them or been altered in anyway.

I don't understand why this is even a discussion, NEW IN BOX IS DIFFERENT FROM DEADSTOCK. No one is saying the shoes ain't new, they just ain't dead stock. Dead stock shoes are literally a pair of shoes that have never had a foot inside of them or been altered in anyway.
I once bought 2 pairs of 99 IVs (white/cement and black/cement) from this guy who claimed they were both DS.  When I got them, they were clearly worn a few times.  I asked him about it and he responded by telling me that deadstock=out of production i.e. they ain't making anymore!  I was so pissed!  Luckily it was still a steal of a deal (I got 2 VNDS pairs for $350).  Still though, gotta be careful when people play loose with definitions.

To me, Dead Stock = inventory in retail stock is no longer available (means really what it means).  The term is being misused nowadays, i think.  If the shoe is BNIB and Never Tried On, people should list them out.

To me, Dead Stock = inventory in retail stock is no longer available (means really what it means).  The term is being misused nowadays, i think.  If the shoe is BNIB and Never Tried On, people should list them out.
Yea but if you're in retail, all of your stock is unworn so there is really no ambiguity there.  The problem is with the secondary market.  By that definition, almost every pair of Js is DS. 

Not saying you're wrong in any way...you are 100% correct.

Last edited:

I once bought 2 pairs of 99 IVs (white/cement and black/cement) from this guy who claimed they were both DS.  When I got them, they were clearly worn a few times.  I asked him about it and he responded by telling me that deadstock=out of production i.e. they ain't making anymore!  I was so pissed!  Luckily it was still a steal of a deal (I got 2 VNDS pairs for $350).  Still though, gotta be careful when people play loose with definitions.

because thats what Deadstock actually means........

Some of these discussions are hilarious. I'll be wearing mine with a black or white tee and a hat not associated with the hornets or the colors of the shoe, I take pleasure in mis-matching.
THIS! I don't think wearing a black or white tee would necessarily clash with the Grapes considering the Grapes have both white and black in the CW. However, when I see dudes being all matchy matchy, I immediately think "trying too hard".

Yea but if you're in retail, all of your stock is unworn so there is really no ambiguity there.  The problem is with the secondary market.  By that definition, almost every pair of Js is DS. 

Not saying you're wrong in any way...you are 100% correct.
Are you EE, CE, CE&E, ME, or AE?

CE&E here 
wink.gif
.  Good to see another E fellow.

Back
Top Bottom