Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
* rubs hands together* :smokin

hsw5xt.gif

:nthat:

Last edited:
People are lucky to have girls who would do that for you. I havent met a single girl who i think would camp up for me even if we were in a serious relationship. Also i only have one sneakerhead acquaintance. My best bet is to hope dude works in the morning of a release, saves me a pair, i get a pair from camping, and one online from my phone. Never has any combination of those things happened.
My girl camps with me. We already have our game plan for the breds :lol:

you act like the icy sole wont yellow
laugh.gif
I admit I act like I have immunity. My 2006 grapes are as icy as they came, and same with my green beans. The only iced soles Ive had yellow on me are the oly 6's, which I blame on jb quality
grin.gif

I bought the 2000 concords already yellow because it was a cheap price and i figured a little seaglow would fix it up (It didnt)

So I consider myself lucky

Meh. I have given up on girls so long ago. Not worth wasting another second of my valuable time or any other resource for that matter, but yah that comment was aimed at everyone with one who camps. I noticed there are a lot of you

Tried to make a photoshop so you guys could get a idea of what the icy soles would look like on the grapes.

Normally I dont find the weird new blue soles to be that bothersome. The Black V's with the blue tint didnt make a difference to me.
But if this is how they come out on the grapes I'll be >: heated

The problem is that on a Black/Silver colorway like metallic V's the blue just serves as a light color accent. No big deal.
On a Multi-colored shoe like the Grapes, the color accent NEEDS to flow with the color scheme, and adding a translucent blue to a Turquoise/Purple combo throws it all off.

the shoe is classic and probably will be copped just because i cant afford to pay the $500 ticket on the '06 pair, its sad because people didnt like the quality on the '06s haha wait until you see these, you better brace yourself...

once i get them, they'll be going straight into my closet for a good month or two until i see less people wearing them.

the shoe is classic and probably will be copped just because i cant afford to pay the $500 ticket on the '06 pair, its sad because people didnt like the quality on the '06s haha wait until you see these, you better brace yourself...
I'm counting on these lowering the prices on the 06's.  When the Playoff XII's dropped I was able to find a DS pair of 2004s for $230 shipped.  That's the good thing about re-retros.  Saturates the market and most would rather just grab the newer pair.

icy blue sole, clear sole, 23 or no 23 im copping x3. i have 1 ds 06 pair left and i just sold a nds 06 pair for $275, plan on rocking the 2012 pair when they drop and keeping the ds 06 pair for collection purposes. grape 5's and aqua 8's for 2013
pimp.gif
 still got the matching t-shirts and hoodies from back in the day.

I just never seemed to have like these , guess it'll be an easy pass for me . A lot are really excited for these though

Everybody was screaming bloody murder when the saw the samples.
laugh.gif
LOL word... the good ol' days man.

I remember seeing these joints in my mom's ex's Eastbay mag. I had just become men sizes. The day those dropped, my brother (who was wearing GS) got them.. and I was stuck with Air Pippen IVs

mean.gif

If it were that simple then sure, but if some random person in a desolate area hits up a few spots and cops multiples, how exactly is that affecting how many pairs the next man can land?  You see someone posting a pic of their 4 pairs, are you thinking in your head "one of those are mines, I would've driven 500 miles to cop!"

Stores should impose limits so that there's enough pairs to go around or so that said person who wants multiples has to work a little harder to land them.  If a store doesn't enforce limits that's one thing, but when they do, do your homework and you'll get your pair(s).  No one's going to hand you anything.
The next man in the small town may not be able to get a pair because someone decides to buy up the stock. Does that make sense?

However, we live in a free-market world. If you slept, then it's your loss. It's survival of the fittest.

If it were that simple then sure, but if some random person in a desolate area hits up a few spots and cops multiples, how exactly is that affecting how many pairs the next man can land?  You see someone posting a pic of their 4 pairs, are you thinking in your head "one of those are mines, I would've driven 500 miles to cop!"

Stores should impose limits so that there's enough pairs to go around or so that said person who wants multiples has to work a little harder to land them.  If a store doesn't enforce limits that's one thing, but when they do, do your homework and you'll get your pair(s).  No one's going to hand you anything.
The next man in the small town may not be able to get a pair because someone decides to buy up the stock. Does that make sense?

However, we live in a free-market world. If you slept, then it's your loss. It's survival of the fittest.
Exactly.  If the retailers don't impose limits, the main issue at hand is a moral issue.  If a person decides to buy multiples then more power to them.  Impose limits and produce more pairs if you really want to combat this problem.  I just get tired of people crying like they're entitled to something.  If you want it bad enough you'll make it happen.  If not, you'll make an excuse.  Period.  As much as this new wave of consumers want to believe that "resellers" are the reason that they haven't been getting their shoes, think again it's just more publicized now due to social media and corny sneaker blogs.

Times have changed.  I've hit the point where I just don't want the headache of lining up for shoes.  Leave that for the people who have the time and patience for it.  I've owned hundreds of shoes in my lifetime so it's not that serious to me anymore.  When I want a pair enough I do my homework and pay the $20 - $30 more if necessary to cop overseas.  Time is money.  The only shoe left that I'd actually bother getting up early for is the Stealth Foamposites.

Some people just don't have any perspective and fail to realize that they are just shoes.

Exactly.  If the retailers don't impose limits, the main issue at hand is a moral issue.  If a person decides to buy multiples then more power to them.  Impose limits and produce more pairs if you really want to combat this problem.  I just get tired of people crying like they're entitled to something.  If you want it bad enough you'll make it happen.  If not, you'll make an excuse.  Period.  As much as this new wave of consumers want to believe that "resellers" are the reason that they haven't been getting their shoes, think again it's just more publicized now due to social media and corny sneaker blogs.

Times have changed.  I've hit the point where I just don't want the headache of lining up for shoes.  Leave that for the people who have the time and patience for it.  I've owned hundreds of shoes in my lifetime so it's not that serious to me anymore.  When I want a pair enough I do my homework and pay the $20 - $30 more if necessary to cop overseas.  Time is money.  The only shoe left that I'd actually bother getting up early for is the Stealth Foamposites.

Some people just don't have any perspective and fail to realize that they are just shoes.
Well said bro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom