Air Jordan 5 "Grape" MAY 4th, 2013 - $160

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would JB really release the BM's again?
No, those are OGs.
If they do I will cop again since I got in a car crash with my BMs on and crawled out of the wreckage in the mud. Dont need to be retired yet but because of that I will be retiring them much sooner than planned

Last edited:
i want to know which good quality of the 06 pair yall speak of cause they will crease easily, i have a pair and thx to force fields and cleaning then after every wear they are holding up good
I prefer the soft leather that creases rather than the hard leather of the recent 5's. I bought a pair of twilight zone pumps and the leather quality felt much better. Soft or hard leather preference depends on the person but seems like JB made their choice.

No, those are OGs.
If they do I will cop again since I got in a car crash with my BMs on and crawled out of the wreckage in the mud. Dont need to be retired yet but because of that I will be retiring them much sooner than planned

I know the pair in the pics are OG's, I just thought it would be crazy for JB to release them again.

Last edited:
I highly doubt we will be seeing those again but I wouldnt be opposed to it. Especially if they used durabuck or at least Cav IV quality nubuck.

My local FNL happened to have a pair of fire red 5's in my usual size 13 and I tried them on to get a bearing on how these would fit. To me, personally, the 13 was a little big and I could probably fit a 12.5, but I'm not sure how that would fit. They only had a 13 left, so I can't be sure, but they definitely run a little large.

Last edited:
Vs have always been TTS for me, but when you break em in they gain a half quarter size. I go a half size down to counter that

I couldn't wait, so i traded my red suede XX1s for these
Whoa....Whoa....Whoa.....Wait a HAWT day'um minute!!! Im for "To each his own"...an "Whatever makes ya happy" and if this trade makes you happy by all means IM HAPPY FOR YA FAM! But lets not say for 1 second this is a great trade unless you are refering to the person with the XX1's. We are talking about the VERY DISRESPECTED an UNDERRATED FIRST ALL RED AIR-JORDAN!!!! People wouldnt be drooling or hollering about Red Suede 4's, Raging Bull 5's, or DB 3's if it wasnt for the  XX1's. Now I love the 06' Grape V's think they are wonderful (I have'em will share that story later) but there is NO WAY that was a fair trade unless cash was invoved or Nike Air on the back. The XX1's was not the most attractive to some but with Italian suede, Carbon fiber shank plate, I.P.S. ... and the little black bag it came with come on! Those retro V's are put together nice but they dont compare. IMO you got robbed without a gun....The 06's are going to turn yellow sooner than later whether you keep them DS or not. But like said if it makes you happy so be it! Be happy! But at the end of the day they will have an ICONIC GAME CHANGING shoe when we look back at it an a chance to grab the 13' Grape V's with those Icey Blue soles! Theres really no major difference from 06'! But to each they own...

Wasnt feeling them when they first broke on NT as most didnt but when Ray had them on in the ASG...MAYNE!!

Cell phone pic but they still on point!!!!
pimp.gif

Whoa....Whoa....Whoa.....Wait a HAWT day'um minute!!! Im for "To each his own"...an "Whatever makes ya happy" and if this trade makes you happy by all means IM HAPPY FOR YA FAM! But lets not say for 1 second this is a great trade unless you are refering to the person with the XX1's. We are talking about the VERY DISRESPECTED an UNDERRATED FIRST ALL RED AIR-JORDAN!!!! People wouldnt be drooling or hollering about Red Suede 4's, Raging Bull 5's, or DB 3's if it wasnt for the  XX1's. Now I love the 06' Grape V's think they are wonderful (I have'em will share that story later) but there is NO WAY that was a fair trade unless cash was invoved or Nike Air on the back. The XX1's was not the most attractive to some but with Italian suede, Carbon fiber shank plate, I.P.S. ... and the little black bag it came with come on! Those retro V's are put together nice but they dont compare. IMO you got robbed without a gun....The 06's are going to turn yellow sooner than later whether you keep them DS or not. But like said if it makes you happy so be it! Be happy! But at the end of the day they will have an ICONIC GAME CHANGING shoe when we look back at it an a chance to grab the 13' Grape V's with those Icey Blue soles! Theres really no major difference from 06'! But to each they own...

Wasnt feeling them when they first broke on NT as most didnt but when Ray had them on in the ASG...MAYNE!!

Cell phone pic but they still on point!!!! :pimp:
The only reason people like all red shoes is the XX1s? Because JB is the only company in the world that has had popular all red shoes? Keep telling yourself that

Last edited:
The only reason people like all red shoes is the XX1s? Because JB is the only company in the world that has had popular all red shoes? Keep telling yourself that

Nah, he right though...No way would I have done that trade.

Back to the topic...I cant wait! I got some 1990s that need to be sole swapped. Thanks JB

NEVER said ONLY reason people like all red shoes is the XX1 buddy u invested to much into that!!! Didnt say JB had the most popular all red shoes either nor the best looking or anything to that extent! Chill youngster....!!!
mean.gif
 (Thinking in my head were this fool get I said only reason people like all red shoes is the XX1's).......WOW!

Nah, he right though...No way would I have done that trade.

Back to the topic...I cant wait! I got some 1990s that need to be sole swapped. Thanks JB
Yea my pic did them no justice.........Much props mayne!!! Wore them to my son Basketball game 2 weeks ago....my ole ladi had on her playoff 11's.....An people couldnt stop breaking necks at my XX1's not sayin they better but they command respect!!!!

Last edited:
Those XXI woulda been kept its gonna be a while before we see them again

I love people trying to get $400+ for early release pairs

If anything the Jordan hype is coming back down, lots of dopes trying to flip the 5's from last week and people aren't even buying at $20 over retail

IDK it sounded like it, my bad
All good!!! We straight...Was just trying to say that wasnt a good straight up trade. An like my man ^^^ up there said its not like they are going to retro them ANYTIME soon and if they so happen to do there is no guarantee they will use Italian Suede again! As we all know the no "KY Jelly" treatmeant JB is known to give!!

^Yah if I liked post XIII jordans I wouldnt make the trade either knowing they are not retroing anytime soon, especially one that is what......? 6 years old?
As for preorder prices IDK how people can justify more than 240. I haven't paid more than 240 for a reseller for a GR. (Dont buy aftermarket XIs). These will be $240 or less, like all the other GRs

When these drop no one will sell over $240

The market for Jordan's resellers is dying again which the Breds shoulda showed everyone

I was disappointed on the fire red 5 quality. if the grapes are the same as the fire red, I'm passing. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom