Air Jordan 5 OG “Black Metallic” Reimagined 2025 !

Biggest concern is how the 3M cut lines will fare with wear. I'll get a pair since the 2016 release is pushing 10 years old now, but I was hoping we'd get something like these but with the 'PE 23' on the side, improved shape, and all. The pair below was a test sample from 2016 and was listed on some site as being a 'Anodized Material Test Sample' I believe. They featured a contrasting material on the ankle collar that was (visually) reminiscent of the ankle collar on the 1990 OG pair. This detail obviously did not make it to retail pairs back then. It would have been cool if these had that in my opinion but yeah. Still in for a pair of the reimagined release either way.
AJ52016MaterialSample1_grande.jpg

1000008195.jpg

1000008196.jpg

Top 5 Jordan’s for me. Holding off judgement until we see some better pictures. Not feeling the thought of the 3m lining because it makes me wonder if they’ll crack. :smh:

I’ve been considering pulling the trigger on a ds pair from 2016, but I’m worried about the soles breaking apart.

Bro.. if I come across a pair of 2000 DS pair, I will definitely cop again. Sole swap them bad boys and all. Wore mines to the ground back in the 2000's. The shape was great in my opinion. In for 1 pair of these reimagined regardless.

Not mad at the idea of a sole swap. The side nettings would yellow while the soles look icy though :lol:
You put that in my head.. scrapping that idea.. :lol:

Its just the shape was really good back then man. Material was good as well. Can't live in memory lane forever man.. Hopefully no bulbus toe box like the prior versions.

I know these are fakes but why the f is the mesh on the sides dull and cloudy like that? That’s a long way from what it should look like.
If these are representative of the real pair, easy pass.

These are going to be reimagined 4,s 2.0,s. These will be heavily disliked until the release date. Then when everybody starts getting pairs in hand, it'll be a swift change of heart real quick. Resale will be up, while everybody will be surprised at how good the quality is on them, just like the reimagined 4,s are.

I like these way more than the 2016,s. Especially with the wide open exposed edges/lining/piping on the Foot/Toe/Front part. The material even looks slightly different, from other past metallic 5,s, in a better way. It's not a 1 of 1 OG RETRO, but the edges and exposed lining brings this version closer to the originals.

But of course, this is NT, where everybody is going to complain, about the newer retro, no matter how better the improvements were made on them were by Nike/Jordan Brand.

As time passed though I started to dislike my reimagined 4's tbh. Shape be dammed. I really wish I didnt sell my 2019 pair smh.
However these so far look good. No upper changes so im good. If these were all leather id be in shambles.

Reimagined 4s are a nice shoe, but really not a replacement for the OG version. I see them as a Retro+, not a version of the OGs.

Hope the shape on these 5s is good and overall can pass as an OG version despite the gimmicks. Got rid of my '16s as I rarely wore them; just too bulky and didn't feel/look right.

Reimagined 4s are a nice shoe, but really not a replacement for the OG version. I see them as a Retro+, not a version of the OGs.

Hope the shape on these 5s is good and overall can pass as an OG version despite the gimmicks. Got rid of my '16s as I rarely wore them; just too bulky and didn't feel/look right.
best way to put it. It really feels like a different colorway to me

Biggest concern is how the 3M cut lines will fare with wear. I'll get a pair since the 2016 release is pushing 10 years old now, but I was hoping we'd get something like these but with the 'PE 23' on the side, improved shape, and all. The pair below was a test sample from 2016 and was listed on some site as being a 'Anodized Material Test Sample' I believe. They featured a contrasting material on the ankle collar that was (visually) reminiscent of the ankle collar on the 1990 OG pair. This detail obviously did not make it to retail pairs back then. It would have been cool if these had that in my opinion but yeah. Still in for a pair of the reimagined release either way.
AJ52016MaterialSample1_grande.jpg

1000008195.jpg

1000008196.jpg

These look perfect

Only pair I’ve bought in the past five years has been the AMM’s and they’re actually quite comfortable for a Jordan. They also probably run a little slimmer with the lack of padding than a typical GR 5.
Lack of padding like you mean the ankle bubbles right? Because I remember holding a few pairs in hand at the store and they felt hollowed out.

Back
Top Bottom