Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

the tongue height.
sick.gif
Wussup with the height of the tongue?
I don't like to feel like Im wearing shin guards with my kicks. I'll decide whether Im going to keep these or not when I get my pair from Champs in the mail.

These are pretty dope. Stopped at my mall an hour before closing today and a lot of stores still had these. I decided to pass because JB is supposedly dropping the black tongues later in the year. Not to mention the fact we had 3 retro releases in the past 3 weeks. I should have tried on the shoes just for fitting when the grapes comes out in May though.

Congrats to those who really wanted these and got them.

how is it lookin in the dc area? they still in spots or what? i wouldnt imagine so

These are pretty dope. Stopped at my mall an hour before closing today and a lot of stores still had these. I decided to pass because JB is supposedly dropping the black tongues later in the year. Not to mention the fact we had 3 retro releases in the past 3 weeks. I should have tried on the shoes just for fitting when the grapes comes out in May though.

Congrats to those who really wanted these and got them.

and the black/red XI restock and olive restock coming soon son son!!!

It's crazy how my absolute favorite Jordan shoe can release and not only did I not plan on buying them, but the way they came out, I'm seriously considering returning them. I'll wait for at least the Nike Air to return. I'm not exactly anal about keeping things OG, but when it comes to my sneaker grail, all of these little differences make for a crappy incarnation that doesn't leave me satisfied.

And all this talk comes from the first retroes lol. I actually had 2 pairs of this c/w, one of the the black metallic, and the laney c/w.

I'll be in San Francisco this Friday, do you think NTSF would still have some sizes?

I picked mine up Saturday I had an RSVP. Sunday still had all sizes that was in the AM though so maybe. To many releases compacted together these woulda been fire if there was no others releases.

It's crazy how my absolute favorite Jordan shoe can release and not only did I not plan on buying them, but the way they came out, I'm seriously considering returning them. I'll wait for at least the Nike Air to return. I'm not exactly anal about keeping things OG, but when it comes to my sneaker grail, all of these little differences make for a crappy incarnation that doesn't leave me satisfied.

And all this talk comes from the first retroes lol. I actually had 2 pairs of this c/w, one of the the black metallic, and the laney c/w.
I feel you man. These are my absolute favorite shoe. I have the 99s, but I know they aren't going to last me forever. Had the CDPs, but quality and the 23 on the side made me ok with selling em few years back. Now these release, I ordered a pair. Pretty excited to get em, but some of the pics have me really iffy. I hope I like em.

My biggest gripe is the toe. I don't know why Nike/JB feel the need to mess up the toe shape on so many shoes. What's the point in that? I doubt it raises profit margins...

I'm crossing my fingers I'm happy with my pair, because I don't even mess with Js hardly anymore.

Yea these still sittin at my mall....ill wait for em at the outlets
soooo, you're gonna wait for them to hit outlets for $20 less? By that time I bet they increase the price by $5-$10. I bet you can find a coupon or other discount and get them cheaper now instead of playing the waiting game.

The way it's looking right now, you can probably do a phone order from them tomorrow just to be on the safe side. I bought my pair yesterday at NTLV and walked in today at 6:30 PM to swap sizes since my girl picked them up for me and I couldn't try them on. I didn't even call or anything and just figured i'll try my luck. The employee said they still had a decent size run left in the back. I think a bunch of NT's will be tweeting phone orders tomorrow morning.

Yeah, but there's no major reason why they wouldn't. Grapes have smooth leather. The smooth leather JB has been using lately is all the same... Chances are they'll use the same stuff.

Hopefully JJ will have my pairs at my door come Wednesday.. I kinda wish they would have held off on the '11 Metallics & dropped those with the rest of the V's this year. They may have done those a little better.

Hopefully JJ will have my pairs at my door come Wednesday.. I kinda wish they would have held off on the '11 Metallics & dropped those with the rest of the V's this year. They may have done those a little better.
I would guess they'd drop the Black/Metallic silvers again sometime this year, probably towards the end of 2013. I can't imagine they wouldn't considering it's the 23rd anniv. of the V's.

I ordered from JJ too, is there a reason you expect them by Wed. or is that just a guess?

Last edited:
and I wish people would stop frontin... JUST SAY YOU DONT GOT THE $$$  stop trynna act like your taking this stance that your passing because of materials or another shoe is coming out later ! Shoe A has nothing to do with shoe B ! If you had the $$$ you would buy both and you know it... 

Nothing wrong with admitting you aint got it... No future in your frontin.

$$ has nothing to do with if someone likes it or not...

Ive passed on just about every J for a couple years now. Last two I bought was the playoff 13s, and Oly 6s (still not 100% if those are staying :\ ) had nothing to do with $$. JB sucks now days......

$$ has nothing to do with if someone likes it or not...

Ive passed on just about every J for a couple years now. Last two I bought was the playoff 13s, and Oly 6s (still not 100% if those are staying :\ ) had nothing to do with $$. JB sucks now days......

but at the same time, you dont troll jordan threads complaining about the quality all day and night. it gets old hearing the complaints nonstop or seeing people put other people down because they purchased this release.

my finishline pair looks like its ready to be shipped. did the order lookup and it says complete w/UPS tracking tho the tracking just says label created.

Back
Top Bottom