Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Made some alternative CWS to celebrate the V's 23rd B'day!

Not trying to jump the gun or anything but does anybody think these "sitting around" is a sign some of the JB hype is fading, or is it just this release?

ME PERSONALLY, I THINK IT'S JUST THIS PARTICULAR RELEASE.... IT'S PROBABLY DUE TO THE BACK TO BACK CHICAGO 1 AND BRED 13 RELEASES, AND FACTOR IN A HEAVY FEBRUARY RELEASE SCHEDULE THAT PEOPLE ARE SAVING UP FOR. SO, ALTHOUGH THESE ARE CLASSICS, I THINK THEY ARE VICTIMS OF BEING SANDWICHED AROUND MORE HIGH PROFILE RELEASES. BUT, THAT'S JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION...HOLLA!

CED B.

Dimensions are WAYYY different on the 2013s compared to the 1999s. However, I don't mind the taller tongue. I just wish the 3M shown just as bright.

Anywhere online or in instore (Los Angeles area) that I can get a pair of size 12? thanks. I know a guy said niketown SAMO couple post up but do they do phone order?

I needed a new pair to wear. My '99's are still DS, and with these coming out they'll stay that way.
I think the higher tongue will look good with some skinny jeans. Haha, thanks for the comparison pics.

Not trying to jump the gun or anything but does anybody think these "sitting around" is a sign some of the JB hype is fading, or is it just this release?
there's always gonna be some releases that sit initially on rd but slowly sell out. This is one of those releases that fall into that category. When the releases are more spaced out, the thirst will be back. You had 4 releases in 1month's time- black red xi's, thunder iv's, black red xiii's, and the fire red v's. Black based colorways tend to sell faster than white colorways.

I've been waiting to get these for years. I couldn't wait to rock them today.

Now my og colorway collection is complete

Home & away (cheap 2011 version)

With grapes & fire reds

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm looking over this thread and it looks like some of you got the white paper wrapping inside the box while others got the black one... what's up with that?  anyone else noticed?

After complaining about the leather at first, I just tried these on again and can't wait to wear them after the snow and street salt is gone.

I like how high they are. Also the narrowness of the tongue and ankle overall compared to other retros. While higher, they are less bulky.

Back
Top Bottom