Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Pretty appropriate, since my girl calls me a manbeast. I guess I wear a "Big" 9.5
laugh.gif

Just got mine from FNL. Logos look good, and I'm good with the 3M. I can see what peeps are talking about with the leather, especially when compared to the white/silver pair from 2000, but overall I'm so happy I picked em up. Didn't get the countdown packs, and had the black V's from 06...

Last edited:
Got my NDC pair this morning. Here are the flaws I found after unboxing...

3M material on tongue cracking from Jumpman impression

Midsole dye bleeding onto leather upper

Another pic of the bleeding

Slight yellowing of blue tint sole

I am not much of a complainer but I wanted share my findings with the community. I consider these to be minor flaws, others may see them at major. I would exchange in a heartbeat if NDC offered because these look raw as f**k on feet! Let me know what y'all think.

Last edited:
UPS trying to do me dirty...Been home all day waiting for my package from FNL and the driver never came and posted a first attempt was made and scheduled for a second attempt on Monday

It has happened before and had to file a claim because they couldn't locate my package(s) and was noted as lost. I have a feeling it might be another claim again :frown:

Last edited:

I am not much of a complainer but I wanted share my findings with the community. I consider these to be minor flaws, others may see them at major. I would exchange in a heartbeat if NDC offered because these look raw as f**k on feet! Let me know what y'all think.
Return those son!

They look like Outlet pick ups with those flaws. How did those make it past the B-Grade inspection??

BACK TO SENDER brah!!!!

From the looks of that pair above, the outlets will be loaded up of B Grades like the Olympic VII's.

Seem like Nike themselves selling the worst quality pairs....blow their Twitter up, they will give you a free gift card....how much is up to how big the rant is, lol

I was really pleased with them quality was better than I expected. With sizing these definitely ran big with me, I'm going to keep my size 11 for trade bait and 10.5s to rock...after all our snow melts 

I didn't try for this release on release date...so I'm out of the loop on this. How do they still have a full size run? Or is this a restock?
That is easy, because JB made a lot and all of the ******t resellers see they will make no money. So they return them hoping to not have to pay any interest on their CC lol.

Seem like Nike themselves selling the worst quality pairs....blow their Twitter up, they will give you a free gift card....how much is up to how big the rant is, lol

From the looks of that pair above, the outlets will be loaded up of B Grades like the Olympic VII's.

BACK TO SENDER brah!!!!

Return those son!

They look like Outlet pick ups with those flaws. How did those make it past the B-Grade inspection??

What gets me is that this pair is coming straight from the source (NDC). With the effort that consumers put into getting these sneakers (hustling/e-camping/camping) we would think the quality would be on point. I will definitely contact Nike in the morning. Hopefully I can stumble across a restock online because these are mostly likely sold out in the Greater LA area. Lets just hope that the 88's turn out better. Note, that I am not bashing the shoe but just the pair I received.

UPS trying to do me dirty...Been home all day waiting for my package from FNL and the driver never came and posted a first attempt was made and scheduled for a second attempt on Monday

It has happened before and had to file a claim because they couldn't locate my package(s) and was noted as lost. I have a feeling it might be another claim again :frown:

UPS is the worst. Anytime I get something shipped through them, I'm always nervous expecting the worst. I remember a couple of years ago I was waiting for a delivery from them and I wound up not being home and so they just made one attempt and sent it back to the shipper. :x

Lucky enough for me the same dude at UPS delivers my stuff, so I just left him a note on my front door asking him to bring it at my job since it's not too far from where I live.

But yeah UPS is the worst smh. It's much better when FNL sometimes have it shipped through UPS and than UPS sends it to the post office. Less of a hassle. Good luck w/ that though!

These are ILL!!! Not having the 23 on the side makes these that much doper for me. Scooped up a couple pair easily. Look out for restocks or good Internet deals for these. #salute

Just got a pair off ebay for $175 shipped DS. Guess the guy needed money for the WC 3s or blue 1s haha. Glad i didnt have to pay reseller price :smile:

What gets me is that this pair is coming straight from the source (NDC). With the effort that consumers put into getting these sneakers (hustling/e-camping/camping) we would think the quality would be on point. I will definitely contact Nike in the morning. Hopefully I can stumble across a restock online because these are mostly likely sold out in the Greater LA area. Lets just hope that the 88's turn out better. Note, that I am not bashing the shoe but just the pair I received.

Nike always has the worst quality stock of any retailer. I try not to buy from them online, and only buy in their stores because of how easy RSVP is. Check out the White/Red XIV thread. You'll find a half dozen or more photos I uploaded that show some of the worst defects and bad quality (leather that wasn't even painted white, glue literally engulfing parts of the shoe, rigid creasing from end to end that didn't like wear but actual defect in the leather) I have ever encountered.

I have nothing to back this up, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's one factory or a series of factories dedicated to Nike's own supplies, and then another (others) that are for the rest of the suppliers. There could be logistics and distribution issues at play for why it works that way too (i.e. the nike-only factory ships to the memphis distribution center, whereas the other factories' stock goes to regional distribution centers for retailers).

Just about every release you find Nike being the retailer/etailer source of the most defective pairs. There are some pics of ugly Chicago 1's from NDC in that thread too. Fire Red IV's? Same story. I'm sure it makes sense to take the heat (or blow it off) when you hold the worst quality stock of your own product, whereas you keep your business partners happy with fewer returns and problems to deal with stemming from your products.

I was really pleased with them quality was better than I expected. With sizing these definitely ran big with me, I'm going to keep my size 11 for trade bait and 10.5s to rock...after all our snow melts 

You can't possibly be talking about materials. Not a speck of real leather is on these things.

You can't possibly be talking about materials. Not a speck of real leather is on these things.

Hahaha, there may be a coating on the top of the leather, but that's 100% real leather. I always laugh when I see dudes calling it plastic or synthetic leather. It's not another material meant to look like leather, it is just cheap leather with a clear coat on top of the leather paint that gives it that stiffer feel. Not one person has yet to identify if this stuff is not leather what it actually is (and it was confirmed from several sources that the WCIV material is indeed leather... which is the same stuff on these).

Last edited:
doesnt it just get u pissed how everyone says these arnt fire red fives 
devil.gif
 went back and forth over ppl on facebook over it 

they act like they werent both fire red 

Last edited:
doesnt it just get u pissed how everyone says these arnt fire red fives 
devil.gif

went back and forth over ppl on facebook over it 
they act like they werent both fire red 

People are just ignorant. You're talking about people who weren't even alive when this shoe came out if I had to guess. Also: the black tongue fire reds are indeed full of more red and fit the "fire red" motif much stronger than these do, so it's logical some people would consider those the true fire reds.

People are just ignorant. You're talking about people who weren't even alive when this shoe came out if I had to guess. Also: the black tongue fire reds are indeed full of more red and fit the "fire red" motif much stronger than these do, so it's logical some people would consider those the true fire reds.
that's true. I dont have a problem with people recognizing that one as the fire red just like people match cement more with the black cement 3 but you can't act like the white one isnt cement ether or in this case this fire red. I know when some are trolling but most really dont understand that they're colors that make up THESE nickname's and its like talking to a wall you know?

Back
Top Bottom