Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

Had to work today and my little sister missed both of my packages. Damn
mean.gif
 She needs to walk and pick them up from the hub tomorrow. 

Hahaha, there may be a coating on the top of the leather, but that's 100% real leather. I always laugh when I see dudes calling it plastic or synthetic leather. It's not another material meant to look like leather, it is just cheap leather with a clear coat on top of the leather paint that gives it that stiffer feel. Not one person has yet to identify if this stuff is not leather what it actually is (and it was confirmed from several sources that the WCIV material is indeed leather... which is the same stuff on these).
Thank You!!

I'm seeing "Leather-like" and "pleather" left an right in this thread. 
mean.gif

Its definitely not a premium grade leather but I don't mind the coated covering. It makes it firmer, more durable, and will last decently well in the long run. I guess we'll just need to see how bad the yellowing comes when it does.

UPS is the worst. Anytime I get something shipped through them, I'm always nervous expecting the worst. I remember a couple of years ago I was waiting for a delivery from them and I wound up not being home and so they just made one attempt and sent it back to the shipper. :x

Lucky enough for me the same dude at UPS delivers my stuff, so I just left him a note on my front door asking him to bring it at my job since it's not too far from where I live.

But yeah UPS is the worst smh. It's much better when FNL sometimes have it shipped through UPS and than UPS sends it to the post office. Less of a hassle. Good luck w/ that though!
It was nuts at the UPS "Will Call"! I didn't realize how many of my neighbors had the UPS driver pass up our neighborhood, luckily we all were able to pick up our packages without any problems.

Dodged a bullet...this time. Crossing fingers on the Grape release, "IF" I can score a pair online with ease.

It felt like a High School reunion at the UPS Distro Office. Saw a few of my friends there to pick up their shoe shipment as well :lol:

My pair was flawless. NO FLAWS ON MINE :pimp:

Last edited:
Received my pair today and I'm not a fan of the material ("pleather"). I can't keep giving my money to JB. I only bought these because my 99's have been tucked away for years now. I'm done after March.

Last edited:
Nike always has the worst quality stock of any retailer. I try not to buy from them online, and only buy in their stores because of how easy RSVP is. Check out the White/Red XIV thread. You'll find a half dozen or more photos I uploaded that show some of the worst defects and bad quality (leather that wasn't even painted white, glue literally engulfing parts of the shoe, rigid creasing from end to end that didn't like wear but actual defect in the leather) I have ever encountered.

I have nothing to back this up, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's one factory or a series of factories dedicated to Nike's own supplies, and then another (others) that are for the rest of the suppliers. There could be logistics and distribution issues at play for why it works that way too (i.e. the nike-only factory ships to the memphis distribution center, whereas the other factories' stock goes to regional distribution centers for retailers).

Just about every release you find Nike being the retailer/etailer source of the most defective pairs. There are some pics of ugly Chicago 1's from NDC in that thread too. Fire Red IV's? Same story. I'm sure it makes sense to take the heat (or blow it off) when you hold the worst quality stock of your own product, whereas you keep your business partners happy with fewer returns and problems to deal with stemming from your products.

I honestly can see your scenario playing out perfectly. NIKE can keep their distributors happy (footlocker, finishline, etc) while cutting cost by supplying their own direct consumers with s**tty product. A win/win situation on Nike's part especially when demand is high.

I've never been able to get thru with RSVP so I am always stuck with NDC or a handful of UK sites. Camping is out the question and in person RSVP is counterproductive for a dude on his grind.

I guess like my fellow Niketalk members would say, "Gotta start doing your hw" when it comes to releases nowadays.

1st attempt note on the door.. :smh:

Just give me my shoes already JJ.. [emoji]128555[/emoji]

1st attempt note on the door.. :smh:

I had the same thing happen today along with many others in my neighborhood.

If you call their Customer Service number and talk to the CS Rep, they will hold your package at the nearest UPS Distro Office and they'll call you back within an hour from you calling in and they will confirm with you when "Will Call" is to pick up your package and they'll note it on your tracking number to view online. Make sure you call in before 5 PM and tell them you want to pick it up the same day as the original delivery date and note it on your tracking what time "Will Call" is and remember who you talked too when they call you within that hour window to confirm your pick up time...in case any problems come up

All you will need to pick them up is your ID and your tracking number

Last edited:
Man, these UPS stories are ridic!

I work at a shipping company and I've threatened my mail man and our FedEx driver before for skipping my house. 

Never missed a delivery since 
nthat.gif

1st attempt note on the door..
mean.gif

If you call their Customer Service number and talk to the CS Rep, they will hold your package at the nearest UPS Distro Office and they'll call you back within an hour from you calling in and they will confirm with you when "Will Call" is to pick up your package and they'll note it on your tracking number to view online. Make sure you call in before 5 PM and tell them you want to pick it up the same day as the original delivery date and note it on your tracking what time "Will Call" is and remember who you talked too when they call you within that hour window to confirm your pick up time...in case any problems come up

That's what I almost always do since I'm usually at work when UPS attempts to deliver.  I call them and pick them up at the hub that evening or the next day.

Got mine on Thursday (NDC)...box was dented but the shoes are good to go.

That's what I almost always do since I'm usually at work when UPS attempts to deliver.  I call them and pick them up at the hub that evening or the next day.

Got mine on Thursday (NDC)...box was dented but the shoes are good to go.
The worse part of today was that the driver didn't even attempt to deliver nor left any notice saying they attempted to deliver. Talked to the driver before he left and he apologized for noting that he tried to attempt any deliveries which he didn't even do because his shift was close to being over :smh:

All-in-all, we all got our packages without any problems.

Last edited:
On a side note:
I like how 23isback says "Super Bowl Sale" for their Fire Red V's at $275
:lol: :rofl:

After reading post after post here, and hearing people talk about how they don't like these, my expectations were kept pretty low.
Now that I have them in front of me, I'm really happy with these. Awesome! 
happy.gif

Last edited:
To each is own, i think that pleather looks really cheap, wasn't feeling them in person at all, Got my WC points though, so i guess that part was worth it, but unfortunately there going back to FNL mañana! 

Anyone know if the 88's got the same material?

Just got these today and overall I'm happy with my pair.
A shot with my other Fire Reds :D

Last edited:
After years of subpar quality from retros, I still don't understand why it's still a shock.
Given their history and especially after seeing early photos/reviews weeks/months ahead of release date,

we should already know what we're getting, and it's up to us wether we buy them or not.

Honestly I understand that people need to speak up, but it's worthless if the same people that complain buys them anyway.

Man, these UPS stories are ridic!

I work at a shipping company and I've threatened my mail man and our FedEx driver before for skipping my house. 

Never missed a delivery since 
nthat.gif
i can understand if your delivery driver or mailman skips you on purpose for the threats. I know a majority of my customers and can tell when they're home or not just from simple observations. Also helps when customers show me love during the holidays. I'll make sure I look out for your packages. But if you get stupid with me or threaten me just to make yourself look cool, I'll go out of my way to make it a b**** to get your precious package. Ain't nothing worse than some fool acting like they're better than me. But I pretty much know everything about them. Fancy car but living in an apartment? Yeah, they got their priorities in check.

I work tomorrow at 4, so hopefully they deliver my package in the earlier part of the day.. If I dont have anything by 3.30, im gonna call them and ask for them to just bring it down the street to the job..

Just to think the shoes were at my door after all the hassle.. :smh: :x >:

Last edited:

Another off centered jumpman victim........ >:
And should've gone a half size down as well........ :frown:
Let's hope I can find a sz 10.5 in retail......... :D

I think the arm and the ball makes the Jumpman appear off center...if you measure the head straight up and down the body, it's almost dead center

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom