Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

silica packs are bad news in my opinion
i don't think 1 year is enough time to affirm their benefit or realize possible long-term negative effects
yea i switch every 6 months but its not bad i mean it works u know yellowing u cant do anything against anyway but it def slowers it i never have a sign of it happening yet and the packs are cheap so its easy to keep up with

I just got a replacement pair off of ebay this morning. 

(My Flawed NDC: post: http://niketalk.com/t/505523/air-jordan-5-retro-fire-red-2013-vol-no-23/3960#post_17125009)

I wanted to share my findings and see if NDC possibly sold me B-grade Fire Red 5's

The evidence is in the tongue...

I will be comparing the ridges on the tongue from both the NDC and the Ebay pair respectively...

NDC (Ridges are shallow, Jumpman Imprint is shallow)

EBAY (Ridges on tongue and the Jumpman impression is much deeper and pronounced)

SIDE BY SIDE (Ebay on Left, NDC on right)

If anyone has pics of their tongues please charm in

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Last edited:
yea i switch every 6 months but its not bad i mean it works u know yellowing u cant do anything against anyway but it def slowers it i never have a sign of it happening yet and the packs are cheap so its easy to keep up with
Switching them out will do nothing. Silica absorbs moisture, which will end up drying out the shoes, which in the long run will make the shoes crumble.

Switching them out will do nothing. Silica absorbs moisture, which will end up drying out the shoes, which in the long run will make the shoes crumble.
so does saran wrap but thats a long process to crumble the shoe if you actually wear the shoes and walk in them then store then in the box with no paper with the gel it slows yellowing its a proven fact. but the crumble thing is mainly for ppl who just store and dont wear them i seen shoes in saran wrap from 2008 u take off the wrap they dont crumble so thats a long process i gave him a solution to slow down yellowing. You brought up a complete different subject by crumbling but that is easily slowed down by actually wear the shoe.

It really all depends on the climate where you live. I keep all my shoes in ziplock bags because where I live it's very dusty. I also keep clear soled shoes, or shoes with white rubber (only the type prone to yellowing) away from sunlight. I keep them in the closet, in big storage containers, or buried in the stacks to avoid exposure to sunlight. I have yet to experience a problem with yellowing. My 99 fire reds are still pretty damn icey. Actually just dug em out less than an hour ago because I plan on wearing em. Still looking good! Very slight yellowing, but they are going on 14 years old.

so u suggest bags over the gel? and mines are already out of light my area is also not a dusty place but i have had no problems with the gel tbh 

I only use bags to protect from dust. If you don't have a problem, I suggest just storing them with nothing, and keeping them out of sunlight and heat.

Everyone thinks/says different things. That's just my opinion on how to store em.

I just got a replacement pair off of ebay this morning. 

(My Flawed NDC: post: http://niketalk.com/t/505523/air-jordan-5-retro-fire-red-2013-vol-no-23/3960#post_17125009)

I wanted to share my findings and see if NDC possibly sold me B-grade Fire Red 5's

The evidence is in the tongue...

I will be comparing the ridges on the tongue from both the NDC and the Ebay pair respectively...

NDC (Ridges are shallow, Jumpman Imprint is shallow)

EBAY (Ridges on tongue and the Jumpman impression is much deeper and pronounced)

SIDE BY SIDE (Ebay on Left, NDC on right)

If anyone has pics of their tongues please charm in

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Wow.  Nobody would even notice that if you didn't say something about it.  I barely even notice it even after you said something.  If you are that anal, you will rarely be happy with JB quality.  Get out now!

Wow.  Nobody would even notice that if you didn't say something about it.  I barely even notice it even after you said something.  If you are that anal, you will rarely be happy with JB quality.  Get out now!

trust, after the royals drop I am just about done with JB...

trust, after the royals drop I am just about done with JB...
I am done with Jordans after getting my cement 3s. The quality is subpar. But, I'd say 80% of the Retro Jordans are underwhleming from a quality perspective. The quality has been horrible for years and I prefer to spend my money on other shoes. JB knows people will buy whatever they come out with. So, I guess I don't blame them for spending less money on quality control. Why spend the money when most of the time the shoes are being resold, stuck ina box or worn by people who are just happy they are wearing Jordans.

wore mine today...

s dubl :lol: :lol:

my order from this week's restock just arrived . thanks to the NTers who put us up on the restock , i was kicking myself for not getting these when they first released for retail

Finally got a sz 10.5 from the FNL restock last week. Yet another off centered jumpman for me, this time on the left shoe, and it's even crooked, sigh........ :smh: :smh: :smh:

I know last time I posted the pic for my other sz 11 kinda caused a stir here, that was a bad pic, in person it's much worse, so this time I provided a guide line for comparison.

If u look from below, and align it with the bottom, it looks even worse.

Well, looking for the restock this weekend, hope I can get a decent pair.

Back
Top Bottom