Air Jordan 5 Retro 'Fire Red' 2013 Vol: No 23

08 (CDP) vs. 2013

I must say that I dislike the way JB is doing the V's lately, even though I didn't mind this retro compared to the 2011 Metallic V's I was also a victim of the off-centered jumpman. I was really anticipating the V releases for this year but will probably end up passing and trying to get the 06-07 and earlier retro's.

Side Note: If you copped the Wolf Grey's from last year, how is it they made those so well and yet the 2011 Metallic's and 2013 Fire Red's are so different. The Wolf Grey reminds me of the 06-07 releases and the 08 pair below. :smh:

Fire Red Colour (08 on Left, '13 on Right)

Air Bubble, Midsole Paint [Shiny vs. Dull] (08 on Left, '13 on Right)

Toebox (08 Front, '13 Behind) - I did this to show that the 08 has a bit more roll, whereas the '13 is more straight up

Tongue Height, Stitching, Colour ('13 on Left, 08 on Right)

Padding (08 on Left, '13 on Right)

Shoe Height (08 on Left, '13 on Right)

Last edited:
I still dont understand why these didnt get a lot of love. Its a Jordan, og color and I always thought Vs were one of the classic js. (I alwasys thought 1-6 were the best) I must be missing something. Thinking bout selling not cause I dont love mine but could use the money one some of the other heat that is coming out and can pick these back up for retail later
These aren't sitting per se, but I know what you mean. I think a big reason these got a lukewarm reception was the questionable quality of J's lately (no 3M on 13's, less than steller materials on the 4's, no special box for the 11's, etc). A bigger reason, in my opionion, was the 88 3's. People see the writing on the wall with the Nike Air. All of a sudden seeing a jumpman where Nike Air used to be looks a lot less appealing...

then what is it?

it's a completely different feeling shoe. the 2013 feels bulky as hell. the CDP is more comfortable even without the additional padding the 2013 has around the ankle. The leather does not feel as stiff on the CDP. Honestly it's all preference, I'm not trying to attack people who have this retro, if your happy then your happy. I have the 13 and the 08 and I simply like the 08 better and not just because of 23 on the side, to me it's a totally different feeling on my feet.

Haha! I don't live here.. I'm here on a work trip in Augusta, GA.. Those pairs wouldn't last a day where I live (SoCal).

Last edited:
How long does it take for them to be "worn out"

And by worn out do you mean creased?
i dont really know im not gonna try and keep then clean like all my other kicks is what i mean. you know when you throw some vans on and you just wear them and not think about it the whole day. but with fresh jays you watch your step every second.

it's a completely different feeling shoe. the 2013 feels bulky as hell. the CDP is more comfortable even without the additional padding the 2013 has around the ankle. The leather does not feel as stiff on the CDP. Honestly it's all preference, I'm not trying to attack people who have this retro, if your happy then your happy. I have the 13 and the 08 and I simply like the 08 better and not just because of 23 on the side, to me it's a totally different feeling on my feet.
Just got my Vs the other day.I thought the 2013s were pretty well made. Didn't have an issue with aligning as it was on point as well. Having said this, seeing all the other people with misaligned logos tells me Jordan QC is horrible. The Vs were my last Jordans until things get better (won't be holding my breath).

Serramonte HOH, Footaction, AND Finishline all had these on display around 2pm. Not sure what sizes...but it appeared they had plenty.

Back
Top Bottom