Air Jordan 5 Retro- White/Metallic Silver Releasing April 4, 2015

These are on point the whole shoe. Love them. Super comfy might be the most comftorable 5 I ever bought. But super clean wasn't dissapointed at all. Like to double up but can't since I'm grabbing 2 pairs of the gt 11s next weekend and then the 13 lows. Plus may gonna be straight bonkers for me again

Snkrs app and FTA copped....

FTA shipping confirmation already,I'm sure I will get NDC in the morning... 
smokin.gif

These are on point the whole shoe. Love them. Super comfy might be the most comftorable 5 I ever bought. But super clean wasn't dissapointed at all. Like to double up but can't since I'm grabbing 2 pairs of the gt 11s next weekend and then the 13 lows. Plus may gonna be straight bonkers for me again

Georgetown XI's are getting pushed back...

Might as well spend that extra scratch on a double pair of these while they're still available...

about to go grab a raffle pair so i can peep them for myself in person. might take a couple pics with oval laces, ill post if i do.

my gut tells me ill probably return them though : \ still, id rather check em and return them than always wonder what if

welp, scratch that last post. i guess release day jordans are non-refundable, id have to wait 30 days to bring them back for store credit...lol

sigh...i was really looking forward to these too. just cant take a $200 gamble. shouldnt be too hard to find a pair later down the line though, absolutely no hype on these thank god.

hope everyone ate today! 

I was hesitant to get still sizes available but figure clean summer shoe so i pulled the trigger. Hopefully i get at least couple wears in before they turn piss yellow.

Columbia 4 imo, but it might depend of which style you like better.
Idk,my all time fav retro are the 4's I copped all 3 but passed on the Columbia's,this is my first retro 5,I'm thinking how I pulled this 1 off?

I will say they look better in person imho. I was initially on the fence a couple weeks back, then they grew on me...then I debated last night if I would try to cop online. Last night came and went and I tried via mobile at NDC a couple minutes after 7am but grew tired of waiting. Put my phone down then ate breakfast and strolled on my cruiser to my local spot here in LB. There was only one head waiting for the shop to open, this was at 10:50am, shop opened at 11. Easy-breezy cop!

Last edited:
I was hesitant to get still sizes available but figure clean summer shoe so i pulled the trigger. Hopefully i get at least couple wears in before they turn piss yellow.
It will take many wears just for the sole to yellow. And years for the shoe to yellow man. And anyone who tells you different is a fool. Unless you splash in piss all day you should be good

:rofl:
It will take many wears just for the sole to yellow. And years for the shoe to yellow man. And anyone who tells you different is a fool. Unless you splash in piss all day you should be good
:rofl: na don't plan to splash piss on my shoes. Most of my js are either white, black, grey or blue combinations. So this pair was on my radar. Between these and the playoff 13 lows or breds whatever the name i wanted to give my playoffs a rest but that red is kinda keeping me away. Maybe ill still get those. But nothing else that's appealing to me thats been announced or rumored this year. Unless something else comes out

So I went to pick my raffle pair up today, and everything went smoothly.  While I was there I stopped into Finishline and I was lucky enough to be able to double up on a size 10. 

So here's for the good. 

1. The shoe was easy to get

2. The materials are nice

3. The midsole paint on both of my pairs are perfect.

And now onto the bad...

1.  The paint/coating on both pairs of mine have portions of the leather that has a ton of these tiny pinhole like imperfections in the paint, almost like there was not enough paint applied during production and it honestly looks terrible.  I typically inspect my pairs prior to purchase but this time for whatever reason I did not.  If it wasn't for the fact that I know how to fix this with Angelus paint, I would have been livid!!!!  I shouldn't have to paint my shoes, or restore them, when they're brand new, and its unacceptable.  I tried to capture the flaws with photos but I cant get it to show up, because they're so small.  But there's tons of tiny imperfections all over full sections of the shoe.  Inspect your pairs and I'm certain some of you will see what I'm talking about because both of my pairs have sections of leather with this flaw. 

2.  The sockliner has a blueish tint to it, and I'm not sure why, but it almost looks jean stained.  I also could tell that neither of my 2 pairs had been tried on, and both of them have this blueish tint to the sockliner, so it definitely came that way from the factory, and it honestly doesnt look that great.   

3.  One of my shoes on the toe box, there's a portion of the shoe where the paint was messed up to the point where it looked like a bag or perhaps a workers glove  in the factory landed on the shoe while the paint was still wet, and it left a texture behind that is noticeable, and not right, or remastered, it's booty, amateur, and looks like a child worked on the shoe.  

4. On my other pair, on the toe box of one of the shoes, there is like a big piece of dirt or dried blue or black paint or something that is right underneath the surface of the white paint on the toe box. Almost as if a piece of dirt flew onto the shoe in the factory and the paint dried with the dirt still on there.  This is beyond unacceptable. 

Other than that it's a great shoe, but this is unacceptable for the price, and whoever does the painting, programs the automation, and does quality inspection at Jordan Brand should be fired or written up.  If it wasn't for the fact that I have the paint and know how to fix this stuff, I would be very upset.  But that's my experience with this release, hope everyone else has less issues with theirs than I did with mine.  

Anyways, here is a pic of my pick up, I'll try later to document the flaws, and if I can properly capture them, I'll upload them when I can. 

Also, as an added bonus... this is what I wore to pick these up... The 2007 Air Jordan 8 Stealth! BOH!!!!

Last edited:
^ Maybe you couldn't get it to show up because there is nothing wrong with the shoe?

Also the liner is a blue ish tint because Nike uses a blue padding material. Not sure why they do that on a white sock liner but the oreo 5s have the same thing.

^ Maybe you couldn't get it to show up because there is nothing wrong with the shoe?

Also the liner is a blue ish tint because Nike uses a blue padding material. Not sure why they do that on a white sock liner but the oreo 5s have the same thing.
Okay, I'll get it to show up, you'll see.  You just motivated me to try harder, because I know what I'm talking about. 

and since they're all white, shouldn't look too bad even if it does

Back
Top Bottom