Air Jordan 5 Retro- White/Metallic Silver Releasing April 4, 2015

@disciple313 so after all those flaws why don't just return them ? I never understood why ppl write a a essay about flaws on a shoe but they still keep them
I still want the shoes, and I can fix it, but I shouldnt have to.  Returning them wouldn't be an issue if I could exchange for another pair, but you know thats usually not the case.  You either accept the flaws or go without, so I decide to keep them. Either way I'm entitled to explain what's wrong with the shoe, especially when I spent my own hard earned money to purchase it. 

Last edited:
^ that is the whole point of having icey blue soles to begin with so you can slow down the yellowing... this is why i dont understand why people complain about the icey soles when they will eventually yellow anyway

^ Maybe you couldn't get it to show up because there is nothing wrong with the shoe?

Also the liner is a blue ish tint because Nike uses a blue padding material. Not sure why they do that on a white sock liner but the oreo 5s have the same thing.
 Flaw number 1 that you said didnt exist. 

Foreign object underneath the surface of the dried paint...

^ Maybe you couldn't get it to show up because there is nothing wrong with the shoe?

Also the liner is a blue ish tint because Nike uses a blue padding material. Not sure why they do that on a white sock liner but the oreo 5s have the same thing.

Flaw number 1 that you said didnt exist. 

Foreign object underneath the surface of the dried paint...

Since you left your glasses at home, or you're the one that does QC for JB...

You think that's acceptable on a $190 dollar shoe? And that I should just return them?  How about Jordan Brand puts together a quality product inspired by the greatest player ever, and I won't have to take the shoes back, or point out the obvious flaws. 

Last edited:
That little speck ? At first I thought that was a dirt on my iPad screen protector
It's not a little speck lol.  You act like I'm talking about your relatives or something, and you're just in denial.  Is that "little speck" supposed to be there?  For one hundred and ninety remastered dollars? No it's not!  So don't hate on me for pointing it out.   I thought niketalk was about sharing experience good and bad, I'm just sharing the information that was passed onto me in the form of this "little speck" on my remastered sneakers. Don't kill the messenger. 

Since you left your glasses at home, or you're the one that does QC for JB...
that's literally nothing. Thanks for the bug magnification. Look at the comparison between the stitching and the speck. What's next? "speckle density" is off? These aren't works of art made by tinker himself man. They are shoes made in sweat shops. If something like that bugs you then you need to do yourself a favor and stop buying nike products. Most ppl here know to except and accept tiny flaws.

that's literally nothing. Thanks for the bug magnification. Look at the comparison between the stitching and the speck. What's next? "speckle density" is off? These aren't works of art made by tinker himself man. They are shoes made in sweat shops. If something like that bugs you then you need to do yourself a favor and stop buying nike products. Most ppl here know to except and accept tiny flaws.
And that is why the quality sucks, because for every one person like me that expects a quality product, there's 10-20 people like you that are willing to accept less.  

I'm not the one that started a "remastered" business campaign, JB did...  So I'm not wrong for expecting them to follow through on their promise, or for pointing out when they fail to deliver...  

Last edited:
For those that are thinking about getting these from a store. My advice is inspect your pair. There is no quality control to these . I went through3 pairs at the store. There is dirt on the laces, excess blue dye everywhere including the mesh of the shoe below the tongue and  tons of scratches. The most important thing you look for is excess blue dye on these. I must say I don't see a whole of differences between the quality of these and the Laney 5's which is pretty disappointing for the era of $20 more.

For those that are thinking about getting these from a store. My advice is inspect your pair. There is no quality control to these . I went through3 pairs at the store. There is dirt on the laces, excess blue dye everywhere including the mesh of the shoe below the tongue and  tons of scratches. The most important thing you look for is excess blue dye on these. I must say I don't see a whole of differences between the quality of these and the Laney 5's which is pretty disappointing for the era of $20 more.
That's what I tried saying, and everyone told me I was overreacting. smh

No wonder the quality sucks, for every one person like me there's 10 more willing to defend obvious defects. 
And that is why the quality sucks, because for every one person like me that expects a quality product, there's 10-20 people like you that are willing to accept less.  

I'm not the one that started a "remastered" business campaign, JB did...  So I'm not wrong for expecting them to follow through on their promise, or for pointing out when they fail to deliver...  

Why don't you return them

Why don't you return them
Because I want to keep the sneaker.  If Jordans were easily exchangeable for another pair, that would be a different story, but they're not.  So I'd rather live with the flaws and keep them, opposed to getting my money back.  But I thought that since we have undergone this remastered campaign, that it would be worth mentioning any flaws that anyone might come across, so that's just what I was doing.  

I can fix the flaws, but that's not the point.  The point is that we shouldn't have this many flaws, when we were told we woud have remastered quality, that's the bottom line.  I shouldn't have to return the shoes, that logic is stupid.  I want a quality product, that's why I take time out to go and enter raffles, etc.  I did my part, and jumped through all the hoops to get the kicks, and Jordan brand should hold up their remastered end and deliver what they promised they would deliver.  

Last edited:
So I went to pick my raffle pair up today, and everything went smoothly.  While I was there I stopped into Finishline and I was lucky enough to be able to double up on a size 10. 

So here's for the good. 

1. The shoe was easy to get
2. The materials are nice
3. The midsole paint on both of my pairs are perfect.

And now onto the bad...

1.  The paint/coating on both pairs of mine have portions of the leather that has a ton of these tiny pinhole like imperfections in the paint, almost like there was not enough paint applied during production and it honestly looks terrible.  I typically inspect my pairs prior to purchase but this time for whatever reason I did not.  If it wasn't for the fact that I know how to fix this with Angelus paint, I would have been livid!!!!  I shouldn't have to paint my shoes, or restore them, when they're brand new, and its unacceptable.  I tried to capture the flaws with photos but I cant get it to show up, because they're so small.  But there's tons of tiny imperfections all over full sections of the shoe.  Inspect your pairs and I'm certain some of you will see what I'm talking about because both of my pairs have sections of leather with this flaw. 

2.  The sockliner has a blueish tint to it, and I'm not sure why, but it almost looks jean stained.  I also could tell that neither of my 2 pairs had been tried on, and both of them have this blueish tint to the sockliner, so it definitely came that way from the factory, and it honestly doesnt look that great.   

3.  One of my shoes on the toe box, there's a portion of the shoe where the paint was messed up to the point where it looked like a bag or perhaps a workers glove  in the factory landed on the shoe while the paint was still wet, and it left a texture behind that is noticeable, and not right, or remastered, it's booty, amateur, and looks like a child worked on the shoe.  

4. On my other pair, on the toe box of one of the shoes, there is like a big piece of dirt or dried blue or black paint or something that is right underneath the surface of the white paint on the toe box. Almost as if a piece of dirt flew onto the shoe in the factory and the paint dried with the dirt still on there.  This is beyond unacceptable. 

Other than that it's a great shoe, but this is unacceptable for the price, and whoever does the painting, programs the automation, and does quality inspection at Jordan Brand should be fired or written up.  If it wasn't for the fact that I have the paint and know how to fix this stuff, I would be very upset.  But that's my experience with this release, hope everyone else has less issues with theirs than I did with mine.  

Anyways, here is a pic of my pick up, I'll try later to document the flaws, and if I can properly capture them, I'll upload them when I can. 
View media item 1477476

Also, as an added bonus... this is what I wore to pick these up... The 2007 Air Jordan 8 Stealth! BOH!!!!
 View media item 1477444

You're going to make me wanna rock mine now

I love the look but expected a softer leather like the recent 10 that dropped.
mean.gif

Because I want to keep the sneaker.  If Jordans were easily exchangeable for another pair, that would be a different story, but they're not.  So I'd rather live with the flaws and keep them, opposed to getting my money back.  But I thought that since we have undergone this remastered campaign, that it would be worth mentioning any flaws that anyone might come across, so that's just what I was doing.  

I can fix the flaws, but that's not the point.  The point is that we shouldn't have this many flaws, when we were told we woud have remastered quality, that's the bottom line.  I shouldn't have to return the shoes, that logic is stupid.  I want a quality product, that's why I take time out to go and enter raffles, etc.  I did my part, and jumped through all the hoops to get the kicks, and Jordan brand should hold up their remastered end and deliver what they promised they would deliver.  

The point is you're whining about quality control, while saying other people are to blame for the quality control problems, because they don't see what you're making a big deal about. Yet, you paid $400 and are whining about them.

They're still in stores, you can return them.

There wasn't huge demand, so you should have looked at them prior to leaving the store, since it's obvious you're picky.

The point is you're whining about quality control, while saying other people are to blame for the quality control problems, because they don't see what you're making a big deal about. Yet, you paid $400 and are whining about them.

They're still in stores, you can return them.

There wasn't huge demand, so you should have looked at them prior to leaving the store, since it's obvious you're picky.
No one is whining... I was just pointing out the flaws I found on my pair, nothing more, nothing less...  Also, I wasn't blaming anyone but the company and whoever's job it is to ensure these things dont get released.   You guys are just being fan boys by sticking up for flaws, trying to play it off like it's acceptable.  It's mind blowing that you find these flaws more acceptable than me merely pointing them out. 

My pair I picked up today are on point. Nothing abnormal to report on them.

I'm rolling over these complaints. If you are going to wear the shoes, why do you care if there is a speck or "blue" tint to a sockliner [emoji]128514[/emoji]. Its just a shoe folks. Just be glad you're fortunate enough to be in a position to by them b/c people are out in the real world barefoot

Back
Top Bottom