Air Jordan 5 Retro- White/Metallic Silver Releasing April 4, 2015

Perhaps, but the quality of the Laney's was still above both versions of the Fire Reds, along with the Grapes.

100% agree but unfortunately that isn't saying much. The question now is if these are only a notch above the laneys how can these then be worth $190. The laneys were $160? Time will tell on the quality.

The main thing I'm seeing with this "Re-Mastered" thing is the wrinkled looking material that are on these the Wht Columbias, Oreo IV's. So If Nike/JB is giving us 

REMASTERED J's with the "Quality" of like back in the day, Uhhhh Nike never made any OG AIR JORDANS w/this pre-wrinkled looking material. 

Don't get me wrong it looks good but I wonder if that's what they are gonna give us on most leather Re-Mastered retro's. Pretty much what the Wolf Grey V's look has.

The main thing I'm seeing with this "Re-Mastered" thing is the wrinkled looking material that are on these the Wht Columbias, Oreo IV's. So If Nike/JB is giving us 

REMASTERED J's with the "Quality" of like back in the day, Uhhhh Nike never made any OG AIR JORDANS w/this pre-wrinkled looking material. 

Don't get me wrong it looks good but I wonder if that's what they are gonna give us on most leather Re-Mastered retro's. Pretty much what the Wolf Grey V's look has.
It's called tumbled leather and yes the columbias and oreos from 1999 had it.

Yea I know they had it. They aint OG bro! The first retro had tumbled leather ya. I was talking OGs from '86-'98. You probably were thinking the first retro OG of the

Columbias & Oreo's.

Personally I'm passining on most of the Re-mastered Js dropping other than the Chicago X's.

Yea I know they had it. They aint OG bro! The first retro had tumbled leather ya. I was talking OGs from '86-'98. You probably were thinking the first retro OG of the
Columbias & Oreo's.

What are you talking about, b.

There was no "OG" Colombia or Oreo IV's

Both color ways were introduced in '99

And both had tumbled leather.

damn man these are a favorite 5 of mine. why does jb have to be so greedy
tired.gif
 will be passing unless they miraculously go on sale (even then they'd probably ask like 175)
mean.gif

i doubt the release will have that many issues, there will be some differences.

that guy is known to have some unauthorized kicks and just look at the 2 jumpmen on the back lol.

I guess the next question will be here how these will fit. V's tend to run a bit big but I wonder if that will continue into the remastered-millennium.

My first retros I ever had in 9th grade, remember that they sat forever in footlocker and when I wore em people just didn't get it back then

My first retros I ever had in 9th grade, remember that they sat forever in footlocker and when I wore em people just didn't get it back then

I think people around that time before shoe's became a mainstream thing like they are now, would view a primarily white based Jordan retro the same as an all white AF1 (high or low).

The metallic silver on the flames are not like the og retro plus. The silver was not that shiney

damn man, i hope they lighten up the blue soles a bit...around the heel area its like straight navy blue 
frown.gif

Blue tint>Clears :nthat:
i agree to an extent, it works on some shoes. but fam look at that heel. the blue soles near the front are fine, but peep that heel b. **** is straight BLUE

Pretty much my feelings on it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and the clear sole should've been kept. These are such a case, along with the eventual retro of the Black Metallics.

Last edited:
I understand that the icy blue sole doesn't look good on every shoe and a lot of people don't like them. But, aren't they purposely tinted to prevent the soles from yellowing as fast? The average consumer who isn't a sneakerhead and buys a retro would probably want there soles to look as clean as possible for as long as possible. They could probably care less if it isn't true OG form since they probably don't even know every detail of how these retro's should be if made right.

Back
Top Bottom