Air Jordan 6 Black/Infrared 1991 vs. 2000 vs. 2010 Comparison

Originally Posted by thebeast23

the OG's DID NOT HAVE 3M!!! LEARN YALL MATERIALS 
mad.gif

What are those silver dots on the ankle of the ORIGINAL in the pic above your post then???

Originally Posted by rockwell666

Originally Posted by thebeast23

the OG's DID NOT HAVE 3M!!! LEARN YALL MATERIALS 
mad.gif

What are those silver dots on the ankle of the ORIGINAL in the pic above your post then???
bro u maaaaaad late kid. already settled

The OG's put even those retros to shame. Not even close the 2000 retros look like garbage to the OG's.ot a chance.
And most people who complain about quality are not concerned about a glue spot, I balled with my OG's in my rotaion for like 5 years thats how much I loved them as a kid, let me see any retro stand up to that punishment, not a chance.

Originally Posted by Ak1ck54l1f3R

Love all 3 OG's have that leather heel which i think is a great touch.

Can someone clear it up for me?

People keep saying that there is leather at the heel and i have always thought that it was how aged durabuck looked like
nerd.gif

Ninjahood come clear this up for me
laugh.gif

Still got the 2000's sitting on Ice.  Grail Status.  Never seen the OG's in person but they look Fyre. 

HAS ANYONE NOTICED OTHER THAN MYSELF THAT THE TOEBOX IS ALSO DIFFERENT....THEIR WAS STAY PAPER IN THE TOE BOX IN 1991....STAY PAPER ACTS THE SAME WAY IT DOES IN A HEEL OF A SHOE....IT'S ALSO FOUND IN HATS....JB USED IT IN BOTH SIX, AND SEVEN'S....HOWEVER THEY DID NOT USE IT IN THE EIGHTS.....IF ANYONE OUT THERE OWNS BOTH OG'S AND RETROS PRESS DOWN ON THE TOE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

IF U HAVE OG'S I'D SUGGEST GLASS SHOWCASING THEM....IF U RESPECT THEM AT ALL U'LL STOP WEARING YOUR OG'S.

having owned both the OG's and the 00 retros, i can say that without even looking at the 2010's that they are probably farrrr inferior than the older ones.

the og's were nice in their own way, the red was more "neon" than the 00's and the 3M was a nice touch. the insoles were also like neon pink which was cool. the 00 retros were one of the most comfortable j's i've had as well. very light and flexible. the newest 6's i've had were the DMP blk/golds and those were so uncomfortable i sold it right away. it seems like JB is making shoes out of plastic than rubber and leather these days...

oh yea, and excellent post, thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted by Twinsnyc

The OG's put even those retros to shame. Not even close the 2000 retros look like garbage to the OG's.ot a chance.
And most people who complain about quality are not concerned about a glue spot, I balled with my OG's in my rotaion for like 5 years thats how much I loved them as a kid, let me see any retro stand up to that punishment, not a chance.

and this guy probably never owned a pair of 00's. IMO the retros back in 00-01 era were made with just as much, if not more quality than og's. JB was not just a money making company back then. i've had ds 94 3's, og 5's, ds og infrared 6's, og hare 7's, og 10's, and og 11's. they were def. not some god-like quality that everyone thinks they were. also, i've owned almost all the retros that came out around 99-01 and they honestly looked better and fit better than the OG's. unfortunately, it seems like even the 99-01 retros can't be worn with confidence these days due to the cracking so it's a shame...

Originally Posted by JAYS

i would say the 2000 is the best!
Guess you don't own them, because the quality is actually the worst!
Not only is the shape not good for people who have a flat food, the midsole paintjob
is the worst i've ever experienced. Especially the black painting at the heel cracks and chips like crazy.
But the AJ 6 retro in white/midnight navy from 2000 is even worse: the blue painting was peeling off
during my first wearing and i did not ball in them!
The 2010 might be looking off because it uses different upper and the varsity red is definetly darker
than the infared (also Jumpman instead of Nike Air) but the quality is closer to the OG than the 2000 retro.

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by JAYS

i would say the 2000 is the best!
Guess you don't own them, because the quality is actually the worst!
Not only is the shape not good for people who have a flat food, the midsole paintjob
is the worst i've ever experienced. Especially the black painting at the heel cracks and chips like crazy.
But the AJ 6 retro in white/midnight navy from 2000 is even worse: the blue painting was peeling off
during my first wearing and i did not ball in them!
The 2010 might be looking off because it uses different upper and the varsity red is definetly darker
than the infared (also Jumpman instead of Nike Air) but the quality is closer to the OG than the 2000 retro.

grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom