1. Height is off
2. Toe is flat
3. Nike Air is bloated
4. Color is wrong
5. Tongue is short
6. Panels are inaccurately shaped
7. Midsole is too thin
8. M marztharealist what am I missing?

And somehow, these are still much closer to the OG than those blasphemous “Fire Red 4s.”

I don't have my 2014 Carmine 6's anymore, but THIS below has been a big, BIG problem on 6's, through the years. On some colorways, like the NOTORIOUSLY butchered AJ 4, the ankle collar is too short, and stretched out.

20201213_211036red.jpg

In this picture I just took, you can clearly see the difference between the 2019, and this year's DMP release. Like the ankle collar on the 4, it's stretched out wider, throwing the look of the shoe off. The height is shorter, and it causes the body to be longer than it has to be.

This, was VERY noticable on ALL of the 2014 6's. Along with the ULTRA despicable steel toe boxes. I even took some pics between the 2014, and 2019 Infrared's, and it's VERY noticeable. Almost IMMEDIATELY. However, due to my ****ty phone, and pic quality, they didn't come out well. I couldn't believe they fixed it on the 2019 release, but some pairs STILL had it.

I hope I'm explain this clearly, some y'all know what I mean. Like I said, I was gonna keep this too myself for now, but 3god 3god said "DON'T HOLD BACK", so....

michael-jordan.jpg

**** IT.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
The best part of that is, he didn’t even wear the Carmine colorway until the 91-92 season began. So it’s not even like he had worn it in the regular season prior to the 91 playoffs LOL
I never noticed or knew this wow. What VI would you like to see them do next if done right? Still no XXXV for you correct?

I never noticed or knew this wow. What VI would you like to see them do next if done right? Still no XXXV for you correct?
Yeah, he wore the white/infrared 6s for the second half of the 91 regular season after the 6 replaced the 5. I only had the black/infrared 6 back then, got them the week they dropped (no one used the term “dropped” back then LOL). I’m not really a 6 guy, though. These carmines are really the only one I’ve wanted, I skipped the black/infrareds when they came out recently.
Funny thing is, I HATED the carmines back in 91. And now it’s probably my favorite. Only other one I might care about is a new retro of those OG white/infras.
And yeah, I’m still out on 35s. Lows will have to be something to change that.

Yeah, he wore the white/infrared 6s for the second half of the 91 regular season after the 6 replaced the 5. I only had the black/infrared 6 back then, got them the week they dropped (no one used the term “dropped” back then LOL). I’m not really a 6 guy, though. These carmines are really the only one I’ve wanted, I skipped the black/infrareds when they came out recently.
Funny thing is, I HATED the carmines back in 91. And now it’s probably my favorite. Only other one I might care about is a new retro of those OG white/infras.
And yeah, I’m still out on 35s. Lows will have to be something to change that.
I had the OG VIs as well and also hated the carmines back then but love them now.

I had the OG VIs as well and also hated the carmines back then but love them now.
Way back then, the idea of red or blue or really any color except white or black for a basketball shoe was ridiculous to me. A total nonstarter. At least where I grew up and what everyone wore. I would’ve been clowned endlessly if I had liked the carmines and shown up at school rocking them LOL. But now I like the colorblocking, and it’s a relatively basic shoe. But hey, even when Concords dropped and as much as I loved them, I’d never wear them around casually. Patent leather sneakers? It was preposterous at the time. But now the XI is a pretty basic shoe I have no problem wearing, and I’m in my 40s. Though you’ll still probably never see me wearing them with jeans.

Back
Top Bottom