Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

The season Mike wore carmines was the season that he was at his very best. He had every area checked.

Many will say 96 as him being at his all time best, but if you were around in 93, or even if you go back and look at the tape...93 bruh was on a different planet.

Agreed, he was otherworldly through that stretch. Plenty people don't realize he had the fadeaway then too he just went exclusively to it in 96'

When I was in school way back when, I never seen anyone with Carmine 6s. Plenty of Black Infras, Whites and Maroons though. I seriously thought at the time Carmines were a special edition shoe just for him. As I put it back then. lol.

I only saw some teens and adults with this colorway. I think part of it was the fact that more parents favored black-based shoes for their kids, simply because it was a wrap for white shoes once they got dirty. The black/infrareds were the runaway favorites during that OG run. I actually saw more Maroons back then.

2 pair minimum for me. Def. my second fav colorway of the VI's. Just let my *CDP go over the summer.

Also love hearing thoughts on when MJ was at his peak. As a kid in the 90s being really poor, I only got to see him when he was on the regular non cable channels so I couldn't watch him regularly. It wasn't until 97 that I could watch game after game and even then the fight for the tv rights was vicious in my crib with 3 brothers to worry about. lol

Last edited:
To me, this was the shoe were Nike began making more daring and bold colorway for J's. Like with the 7's u had the Bordeaux and Hares which were considered fairly unique and bold. Then the Aqua 8 was super fancy. But the Carmines were what really started this.

I’m in a place recently where I’m conflicted by which Jordan I have ranked higher... 6 or 7... ?🤔

I’m in a place recently where I’m conflicted by which Jordan I have ranked higher... 6 or 7... ?🤔
They are both amazing designs. I love them both equally. The 7 is like a natural progression of the 6. I never got to own a 6 as a kid even though I did try my best lol. I did get the blk red 7 so there’s some nostalgia associated with that shoe. But I’m with you on that I can’t decide which one I like better.

Damn I dont want to wait that long. But that makes sense. 30 years. They **** that shoe up, Im done. No hope left.

As long as it’s early 2022, I’m good with that. A shoe like that probably would have already been announced if it were gonna be next year.

To me, this was the shoe were Nike began making more daring and bold colorway for J's. Like with the 7's u had the Bordeaux and Hares which were considered fairly unique and bold. Then the Aqua 8 was super fancy. But the Carmines were what really started this.
I would say “daring and bold” started with the Grapes.
Yeah the grapes with the purple and teal was the first bold move for sure.
What he meant to say is it was the first bold colorway that actually looked good.
Yeah, because I’m pretty sure the black/red 1 was pretty freaking loud and bold right out of the gate 🤣

I thought I had 4 pairs of Infrared 6s, I found a pair I must’ve forgotten.

I will have to try for 5 pairs of Carmines to match.

JB we need White/Infrared 6s and September Blues NIKE AIR!

Pics for the beasts

FD5AAB71-9AB5-4FA7-893C-95A0520C0301.jpeg
7D1DAE61-F7AF-42A1-9F35-5B358DA16D6C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom