Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Maybe I’m crazy, but, if I’m the buyer, I’d rather have them sit in them and take time to authenticate vs pushing out quicker. I’ve both sold and received shoes on StockX that had no right to ever be authenticated (pairs with defects, specifically). I’m pretty sure StockX and GOAT just hire anyone off the street, regardless of their experience with sneakers. Their authentication process seems like theater sometimes.

Defects don’t have anything to do with authentication, but I’m sure you already know that

like I said, I’d have to to see what those weight tolerances look like for any given shoe. Especially for less complex shoes like a jordan 1 which is essentially Leather rubber and glue. Unless you’re dealing with a fakes that’s leaving out whole components like air units, where is the room to deviate? Maybe in the construction of the soles? With the variation I’ve seen over the years in different retros, from overall shape to cuts of leather panels, I feel like there’s a lot of room for fakes to be near or at a weight requirement. Especially the more basic the shoes composition.

I think a good way to test consistency of Nike and it’s process is to take a bunch of shoes in the same model (like a jordan 1) and see what the difference in weight is across the left and the right shoe. And see how consistent that ratio is

Curiously, have you actually seen and held a pair of “high quality” modern fakes? They are built to look “good” but would fail any kind of standardization of material measurement in terms of weight because the factories that produce them aren’t using the same amounts of materials (in terms of the weight of leather pieces, etc) that Nike/JB are. All those exclusions (or inclusions if they’re using thicker pieces than authentic pairs) add up. You’ll even find weight discrepancies in the tooling because of the rubber and air sole units used will differ from the weight of authentic pairs. You’ll see people at sneaker events (back when those were still going on) often passing those kinds of pairs off but, regardless of what flaws they might/might not have, NONE of those pairs will ever pass a weight test as they simply don’t care about making it within an actual Nike production variance. On an important sidenote, there is currently little/no economic incentive for rep factories to meet a weight variance but, to your point maybe they could eventually do this if demand was there.

Problem with Nike and JB is that their craftsmanship is also bad. Materials have been talked about up and down, but the build quality is equally terrible. In other products that’s is the most noticeable thing. If a fake site uses slightly different materials you won’t cut up a shoe to make sure :lol:

again, if you don’t get it retail in store then just sit the release out. All the resale shops get this wrong both ways. Wouldn’t trust their “experts”.

How do people sell brand new shoes on Stockx and end up losing a little? After fees they get less than retail. :wow:
They try to cop everything because it's hard to predict what will happen after the release. If you were referring to these shoes specifically, even right now, which should be the lowest point in its resale value, there's still around a $15 profit. If it behaves like other classic Jordan colorways, it will rise soon.

On top of that, if they're copping from FLX, you get the points which I think are very important to have. If people copped shoes just to break even and get the points, they should be laughing now if they were able to hit on the University Blue Is.

This will be the first shoe, if I cave to ever pay resell. I follow strick rules when it comes to that...you keep feeding them, they will continue to beat you to the table.
I absolutely agree that if you keep feeding them... and don’t get me wrong, to each their own and if you stand your ground and have a limit I respect it. I just personally won’t let that small of an amount keep me from owning a shoe that I really want but that’s just shoes. I’ve definitely walked away over smaller amounts like that on other items before.

Got my two pear in from StockX finally. One is a little pink and one is a lot pink.

Attachments

• F06B7D1F-EF06-4866-8772-160270C98EFD.jpeg
    F06B7D1F-EF06-4866-8772-160270C98EFD.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 8CBE84A5-0A0B-41D9-9EBE-0CCF941324CD.jpeg
    8CBE84A5-0A0B-41D9-9EBE-0CCF941324CD.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 202
  • F4B9F81D-83B0-4CE9-B6D7-301310AA8B21.jpeg
    F4B9F81D-83B0-4CE9-B6D7-301310AA8B21.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 302
Had a chance to look over my btsn pair, even though it’s a half size larger than my ftl pair, I’ll be rocking it first since my ftl pair is pinkish. Also what I noticed is my btsn pair has a slightly less cardboardish white upper than my ftl pair. I think the ftl pair will end up like my white infra pair, with bad ankle and heel creasing due to the stiffer upper,

Edit: Btw, didn’t know JB still produces GR’s in Vietnam?

WOW my pair arrived

with authentic tag and card

ebay had me angry for nothing i guess?

dont see any customization except for a little green sticker in the box and one of size stickers are missing. and a crack in the box

as for a pink midsole you be the judge. i see none in hand in dim or bright light. but my eyes suck. cant see **** anymore

2AE7F868-DCCB-4B40-BFDE-43E4CB2BD5E7.jpeg

2B71BAA4-4A54-4350-AE0D-6E7BD5A088B1.jpeg

344B0FE1-B457-46AD-9CC9-EA50FEC71437.jpeg

C0A10079-422A-43D2-B7E7-9F601B011FDC.jpeg

242BAE66-5C6B-4055-93FE-4C918EA6DCCD.jpeg
Looks solid

FTL pair with a hue and stiff upper & heel.
E28776F5-48C5-482C-92C9-90F1D57DA24A.jpeg I
2CB45D44-5964-444B-A703-8EDB385C7650.jpeg

Bstn pair with a slightly better upper
3B9C13D7-4794-422C-A548-BFFBD59AE3B7.jpeg EF70397A-305B-4698-9CF4-6B06156ED4DA.jpeg
its crazy. people in here saying the upper is super stiff but the white upper on my pair is not that stiff and the carmine toe and side panels are soft almost like durabuck

only part stiff and somewhat shiny is the heel. even the ankle bubbles have some give

i like the upper much better than the 2014 pair i had

nike forever inconsistent with the materials on their shoes

Last edited:
its crazy. people in here saying the upper is super stiff but the white upper on my pair is not that stiff and the carmine toe and side panels are soft almost like durabuck

only part stiff and somewhat shiny is the heel. even the ankle bubbles have some give

i like the upper much better than the 2014 paid i had

nike forever inconsistent with the materials on their shoes
Yep, seems so. Here’s my pair already showing a bit of stress shortly after wearing it for probably 15 min. This was the less stiff pair. Reminded me of my 2014 pairs, just hope the white parts don’t end up as bad my white infras. 0DBF0F4A-86B3-4AB4-9DDB-6B738F73603B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom