Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

air_jordan_carmine_og_1991_09.JPG

Saying the phrase 'icey blue soles' which I always make fun of look perfect with the new Carmine. Captures the current weather in most of the US right now. It fits the colorway much better than the OG yellowish sole.

IMG_20210107_012020269~2.jpg

I also really love the well-fed 'Nike Air' on the back of the 2021 Carmine. A great tribute to the last 'Nike Air' branded Jordan.

A great improvement from the scrawy Infrared 6 'Nike Air', which isn't really visible anyhow. But I'm glad it's there.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210108-003507~7.png

Marked my calendar. 30 days from general release. Initially set the shock for MLK Day. Maybe Jordan Brand would be criticized for a MLK shock drop lol? I recall last May, Craig Hodges criticizing Jordan for releasing the long delayed Fire Red 5 during the pandemic.

gettyimages-243100.jpg

Air-Jordan-6-Carmine-2021-9.jpg

Air-Jordan-6-Carmine-2021.-2.jpg

Air-Jordan-6-Carmine-2021.-1.jpg

Air-Jordan-6-Carmine-2021.-3.jpg

$225 retail 😐

Last edited:
FREAKING FINALLY!!!!! IT'S ABOUT DANG TIME!!!

I'm definitely in for 2 pairs!!! This shoe and colorway have a history with me! Back in 1991, my mom took me to the mall near where we live in the burbs of Philly. Modells uses to sell all the good stuff. This was the start of 9th grade and I needed sneakers.

Walked to the back of the store to the shoe wall and what was there? Carmine 6s and also black/infrared 6s on sale (the carmines just came out recently where the playoffs were out for months, hence discount). 6s are my favorite of all Jordan models!!! I wanted the carmines so bad, because he was wearing them for the start of the '92 season but also mainly because of one picture I still never got out of my head...
video-michael-jordan-gatorade-commercial-be-like-mike.jpg

The Gatorade "Be Like Mike" ad! Even though this commercial didn't air until 1992, and he was already wearing these for the start of the '91-'92 season, this picture made them look so good!! And remember, back then, there was no internet, no social media, no magazines designated solely to sneakers (SLAM didn't come out for years and years). So you only saw them when he played (and maybe a shot in SI or another sports magazine from game photos). But when they aired this commercial, you got such a clear shot of his shoes, and I went crazy and wished I had gotten them.

I would get the black/infrared pair as I was going to use them for basketball indoor at school, and figured the white & red would get dirty faster. So I passed on the Carmine and I regretted it for years. I eventually tracked down a pair of CDP Carmines back in 2009 off eBay in almost new condition, (which I still have and wear) and even bought 2 pairs of the '14 retros, but sold both already on SX as they were just NOT comfortable.

This shoe, in it's original OG form, is VERY SPECIAL to me. So yes, thank you Mike/JB for finally giving us what we have all been wanting. Just 2 things with these! PLEASE PLEASE, don't screw up the shade of red (it's carmine, which is darker) not like the '14 pair!!! And PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE, make the tongue OG height?!!! That was the main standout feature on these back then! I can't wait!!!
Dope story bro.

Marked my calendar. 30 days from general release. Initially set the shock for MLK Day. Maybe Jordan Brand would be criticized for a MLK shock drop lol? I recall last May, Craig Hodges criticizing Jordan for releasing the long delayed Fire Red 5 during the pandemic.

gettyimages-243100.jpg

$225 retail 😐

what is 225 retail?

gettyimages-243100.jpg

$225 retail 😐

They were initially said to be 225 like a year ago but they aren't. They are normal price.

Still feel Cuba aint belong in that movie lol
I do have to agree. He was casted much better for the first movie I ever saw with him in it called Gladiator. I met him in the Atlanta location Planet Hollywood in like 1994. He was super nice when I approached him and told him I loved him in Gladiator. This was before Jerry McGuire so.

I think $225 may be the new normal for Nike Air retros 😒
Nah. From what I notice they price the NA releases like $10 more which is negligible but yet I seem to have seen a bunch of complaints on here almost regretting NA ever making a return because of it :smh:

Nah. From what I notice they price the NA releases like $10 more which is negligible but yet I seem to have seen a bunch of complaints on here almost regretting NA ever making a return because of it :smh:

Were the 2016 White Cements the only Nike Air retros to be priced at $225? The four Nike Air retros that I own all retailed for $200.

Back
Top Bottom