Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

not saying it’ll happen but does this mean nothing to you?

C095D90C-80E2-4146-83C7-BFF87167004E.png

Unfortunately, it doesn't mean anything to me. There's nothing to select 😏

Oh man don’t even get me started on these dumbass collabs. Other than Jerry Lorenzo and the Fear of God 1, these collabs are devoid of any talent and artistic creativity whatsoever. Take Tinker’s design and color it some trendy aged piss color with cut out holes? “Avant-garde dude it’s so aVaNtE-gArDe” Lmao nah man. Hack trying way too hard and it only comes off as tacky and disrespectful to Tinker’s masterpiece.

I agree with almost everything on this, but I think all collaborations with designers or so-called influencers are just asinine. All collaborations are just rehashes with stupid or unnecessary modifications in limited quantities with inflated prices which draw sheep people.

The only crossover or mashup I liked with retro Jordans were the Jordan XI Jeter low from 2018 since Derek Jeter was a marquee Jordan Brand client on the MLB tip. I have an affinity for the XI line and Jeter too. And they go well with Yankees stuff I have. I also liked the design and differentiating material with those shoes. So I saw all those correlations as the basis for me to get them.

Only Michael Jordan can influence me to get certain retro Jordans in their original formats because it's how I originally saw them worn by him in the past, not any clown a%$ designer messing them up with useless add-ons. Those Travis Scott pairs are also included as stuff I refuse to even contemplate getting.

I agree with almost everything on this, but I think all collaborations with designers or so-called influencers are just asinine. All collaborations are just rehashes with stupid or unnecessary modifications in limited quantities with inflated prices which draw sheep people.

The only crossover or mashup I liked with retro Jordans were the Jordan XI Jeter low from 2018 since Derek Jeter was a marquee Jordan Brand client on the MLB tip. I have an affinity for the XI line and Jeter too. And they go well with Yankees stuff I have. I also liked the design and differentiating material with those shoes. So I saw all those correlations as the basis for me to get them.

Only Michael Jordan can influence me to get certain retro Jordans in their original formats because it's how I originally saw them worn by him in the past, not any clown a%$ designer messing them up with useless add-ons. Those Travis Scott pairs are also included as stuff I refuse to even contemplate getting.

That's cool how Jordan playing ball is what attracts you to the sneaker. To be honest though, I've looked over the olive and orange highlighted AJ6 with the little side pouch and I kind of like those, but they are too expensive and self-indulgent for me to think about purchasing (or evening wearing on the ground lol)

Of course if I won those, I would end up selling them so I could snag some regular Nike Air OG colorways, like True Blue 3's, Black Cement 3's or even the AJ7 Hares. Love that colorway 👍😊

Are those any good, by the way?

Last edited:

Nice to see someone even more hardcore than me :lol:

I can’t say I hate ALL collabs. I always try to keep an open mind. Jerry Lorenzo earned my respect and the reason why is very simple. He designed the FOG 1 himself. I really don’t know anything more about the guy. I don’t follow fashion or trends. But when I see something I like then I might cop. The FOG 1s at first I was huh that’s....interesting. It quickly grew on me until I had to own them and I ******* hate that I had to pay resale but when I love a shoe I love a shoe. And there aren’t that many I love.

I’m no fan of Travis Scott either. But at least some of his shoes (ok only a couple) look decent. DECENT. And when I say his shoes I really mean his remix of another man’s shoes. I’m sure as hell not paying an arm and a leg for the 6s because while I might have copped at retail I don’t like them enough to pay whatever the **** they’re going for now. Travis Scott’s remixes in general look better than Virgils remixes. But that’s not saying much. Even though I don’t respect the cover bands, they can sometimes make a song sound good and I will listen and enjoy.

You know what really pisses me off though?? The collabs always seem to get the Nike Air treatment while some of the other shoes that I happily could have had in my closet, like the Hare 6 for instance, gets the giant tacky jumpman ******** which I just can’t wear. The hare 7 is one of my all time favorites and I would’ve liked the cw on the 6. Oh well I will get over it in time:lol: But seriously they gave the social status 6s NA. SOCIAL STATUS. But not the hare 6. Ok I’m done.:lol:

That's cool how Jordan playing ball is what attracts you to the sneaker. To be honest though, I've looked over the olive and orange highlighted AJ6 with the little side pouch and I kind of like those, but they are too expensive and self-indulgent for me to think about purchasing (or evening wearing on the ground lol)

Of course if I won those, I would end up selling them so I could snag some regular Nike Air OG colorways, like True Blue 3's, Black Cement 3's or even the AJ7 Hares. Love that colorway 👍😊

Are those any good, by the way?
Nice we have some of the same favorites 👍

I feel like I’m an oddball for not loving the 3, which is ok with me actually. I mean I like it but I don’t love it. Now the 4 I absolutely love. I wish they would start giving it respect when they retro it:smh:

I feel like I’m an oddball for not loving the 3, which is ok with me actually. I mean I like it but I don’t love it. Now the 4 I absolutely love. I wish they would start giving it respect when they retro it:smh:
You'd probably like the III a whole lot more if you could hold a fresh pair of OGs out of a time machine today. The shoe masquerading as the III for decades now is not really the Air Jordan III. Even the latest improved mold only goes part way toward being what it should be. There are not many shoes I want more than an OG-build/materials white/cement III.

Yeah, I bet Mike probably frequently yelled at him in front of everyone, as a public humiliation tactic, as he did with all of his teammates at some point. Of course the critics will say "That's fine because they won" and "You have to be a jerk to win, etc."
We all know the story 😌

2eb91208d351ebcbf4ff372411c080aaf2c36f1f7fa792260443ddd3941bd29b.jpeg

Hodges was actually hardcore as he wanted both the Bulls and Lakers to boycott the 1991 NBA Finals for political reasons, which I can't name specifically off the top of my head right now? But Magic was like "Nah, nah that's too extreme, Craig."
Yeah don’t get wrong, I got love for Hodges esp being a fan of those Bulls teams but it’s like dude we get Mike did things his way and didn’t agree with your vision and things like that. I do give Hodges credit for being vocal and even having the stones to go to Magic/MJ before the 91 finals. But it seems to me and I might be wrong is that he will come at MJ and criticize him for anything.

Interesting you say that about the 3's. In 2008 I was obsessed with Black Cement 3, but then they came and went with the jumpman and I wasn't interested. Since then I haven't been that excited about them as I would have thought. I just don't want to pay more than $300 for them.

The Military 4's will probably come out soon, this year or next imo. I think Nike doesn't want a exact OG retro because I think they feel that it looks old fashioned, somewhat primitive and not that stylish. That's my theory. Plus isn't the essential "pattern" of the 4's already cut and they just switch out fabrics for different colorways?

You'd probably like the III a whole lot more if you could hold a fresh pair of OGs out of a time machine today. The shoe masquerading as the III for decades now is not really the Air Jordan III. Even the latest improved mold only goes part way toward being what it should be. There are not many shoes I want more than an OG-build/materials white/cement III.
I miss tony tobasco when stuff like this comes up.

I bet there will be SO MANY Carmines out there. Probably get restocked like the Fire Red 4's and 5, which I paid WAY too much for 😅🙄
Hahah mee too man I paid 300 for my fr5s early lol. Fr4s I paid about 260 or so on Ebay To be honest I will definitely over pay for these carmine's too if I dont hit retail, I absolutely love the4,5 and 6 and will over pay for all the OG line up 😂😂😒😒

Back
Top Bottom