Air Jordan 7 Milwaukee Bucks Ray Allen 6/22/19

I'm used to this with millennials. :lol:

The thing is that for someone who is writing off an entire generation, you're choosing to be very one sided and 'bone headed' (no offense Spoon :lol: ) which is exactly the same claim you are suggesting by saying you are 'used to this with mellennials'. Ninja has a strong opinion and I get it but I'm saying 02's and 12's were both great but the 02 was better for the truer to OG look.

If you want to be unreasonable and flat out say everything except 92's are plain garbage.. then it's not millennials. That's just you and your opinion bro :lol:

i hated da 2002 pair...too damn fragile, da GS pairs from 2002 i envied, because they were all durabuck and didn't turn gross. thank god da 2012 raptors gave us all durabuck.

Not sure where u got the idea that the 2002 was fragile. I had a pair that I wore pretty often from release day and they lasted me til about 2017. Pretty solid if you ask me.

The thing is that for someone who is writing off an entire generation, you're choosing to be very one sided and 'bone headed' (no offense Spoon :lol: ) which is exactly the same claim you are suggesting by saying you are 'used to this with mellennials'. Ninja has a strong opinion and I get it but I'm saying 02's and 12's were both great but the 02 was better for the truer to OG look.

I'm not writing off a whole generation, but I'm certainly not with the ones who try to defend the 2012 version. Someone like Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ (God rest his soul) would undoubtedly see how they botched the 2012. They completely took away the charcoal panels. They changed the whole look and what made the OG the OG. Sure, the younger kids don't care because they didn't watch Jordan play in them and leave lasting memories. If you like the 2012, cool, but in no way is it an accurate representation of the original colorway. I would like retros as close to the OG as possible because that's what I grew up with. Some they do well, others like this one not so much. To me, it is far from great and that's why I passed. I will continue to pass unless they do them justice, and I don't feel like I'm missing out because, to me, they are bootleg.

Now as far as these Ray Allen's, I can get with. I love the colors and how they executed this retro.

spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour

The funniest part is that the Ray Allen's are the same exact shoe as the 2012s.. just different colors :lol: But back to the 2012.. I never said they were exactly like the OG (not that you did either) but that they were a solid retro. My favorite VII has always been the Charcoals. In 92 I was 8 and I liked shoes back then but I wasn't thinking about Jordans enough back then to remember these. But by the time 02's came out, I knew what the OG's looked like and I prefer the subtle OG look.

02's nailed that IMO and 2012's weren't that far from it but this ultimately what I'm saying is that if you don't like them, I respect that. Doesnt mean others liking them are wrong though lol. I already understood everything you just said to be true for me and agree to an extent.. I was just getting on you because you made it seem like thinking 2012's were alright makes you the Devil lol.

2012 and 92's.

Capture-640x361.png

92's

tlvxce85cqj8bdivefcv.jpg

1-air-jordan-7-retro-raptors-2002-aeropooch-kicks-box.jpg

More for reference, including the terrible DMPs.

37078566_2137931563091589_7775590401628438528_n.jpg

Not sure where u got the idea that the 2002 was fragile. I had a pair that I wore pretty often from release day and they lasted me til about 2017. Pretty solid if you ask me.
That suede or nubuck or whatever lost its color fast on my pair. Shoe itself was a tank tho. Best part was i copped for 60 at a random footlocker months after release. Late May of 2002. Loved that pair tho. 2012s are a solid shoe. Not much cushioning.

The DMPs get my vote for faves with the lighter panels.. love the layered look on the 7s super nice.

I had a pair of 02s and they were pretty nice, no issues with durability but i do think the material faded after a bit and didn’t look as nice.

my montrose pair arrived today, ordered on Saturday. I'll unbox soon.

I wore my pair today. Very comfortable, as expected with an AJ 7, but they do crease easily. I got lots of looks and compliments, the black and purple seems to be a hit with non sneaker heads heh.

20190606_153650.jpg
Toe bump on one shoe...none on the other. Whatever. Cant even be seen unless ur up close to it. Clean shoe.

Size pair came, gonna unbox Montrose.
I like these, the green aint that visible except if light shines on it. Got the cut lines, the 2019 IV blk cements should of had them. Pretty comfy a little. The shape looks sleek, toebox looks straight on some angles, little bump visible at other angles.
aviary-image-1559909273166.jpeg
aviary-image-1559909463464.jpeg
aviary-image-1559909813104.jpeg
aviary-image-1559909950775.jpeg
aviary-image-1559910100576.jpeg
aviary-image-1559909675765.jpeg

wasnt too impressed with these in person, but then again it's only og NA retros from here on out, with the exception of a few special releases/collabs or what have u...

Back
Top Bottom