Air Jordan "Fear" TRIPLE PACK III/IV/V

Dudes got comfortable sitting on thier *** and paying for rsvp so now they dont wanna get up and wait in line lol.

I understand both view points. But the fact of the matter is, fcfs was a regular thing before the concord release, and it should stay that way. There is a small fraction of people gettinf hurt by these releases and this is not to even say its related to sneakers. For example, the last person shot in LV for green glows was a gang related incident.

Just when u thought it was getting easier to buy shoes, Nike decides to pull this stunt..

I personally like this. Reminds me of '06 where I had to go through all types of hurdles to get all the AF1's that were releasing that year. However, the hunt and satisfaction of actually getting a pair after the challenging search made me appreciate them more. Making it difficult like this is what brings excitement to the game. And there's a difference between difficult and impossible. Difficult is doing your homework and actually having to do more than be at your computer at 8am on a Saturday. Impossible were the Blk/Gold Patent Leather I's
sick.gif
. Difficult is having a fighting chance of getting them. Impossible is simply you never stood a chance in the first place.

All of this is being said because I truly only want the IV's out of the pack and they're relatively easy to get. If the IV's were as limited as the V's, I'd be cursing out JB myself...
The 2001 release? I remember those being an easy cop.
2003 my guy and I was referring to this years 2013 release.

Call me old school, but FCFS is tried, tested, and true.

Dudes say "i liked the raffles"...why? Cuz the raffle you had a (LONG) shot? That's that misery loves company ish...I can't camp but this other dude can. But since I can't camp, I don't want that dude who can camp to get them...I'd rather have a 1/1,000 person chance than have dude have a 99% chance cuz he's out there slaving and I ain't bout that.

C'mon son...

Dudes that prefer that RSVP stuff wasn't playing fair anyway (keep it 100...). So what you're really mad at is that you can't cut corners?? Again...C'mon son...

Ninjas been campin for kicks for years...let it ride. As NinjaHood said...paying bums is the oldest trick in the book...Yall will pay a RSVP service to some anonymous assclown, but not support local hustlers?? Chilll, b...

I'm with you, fam. I hate FCFS because these bums camp out for days. I don't want to go back to that. I'm happy with raffles.
stop HATING just u cant or dont want to ..dont hate on the next man....im not a bum but i was thinking about camping it just means campers want it more than the dudes who don't camp...hopefully rsvp services will have to find something else to do with there time because they helped destroy the sneaker culture
I agree it means you want it more, but I don't care. I'd rather get my shoes without looking like a hobo.

You can still camp out for raffle tickets if you still want to get your rocks off.

Last edited:
Call me old school, but FCFS is tried, tested, and true.

Dudes say "i liked the raffles"...why? Cuz the raffle you had a (LONG) shot? That's that misery loves company ish...I can't camp but this other dude can. But since I can't camp, I don't want that dude who can camp to get them...I'd rather have a 1/1,000 person chance than have dude have a 99% chance cuz he's out there slaving and I ain't bout that.

C'mon son...

Dudes that prefer that RSVP stuff wasn't playing fair anyway (keep it 100...). So what you're really mad at is that you can't cut corners?? Again...C'mon son...

Ninjas been campin for kicks for years...let it ride. As NinjaHood said...paying bums is the oldest trick in the book...Yall will pay a RSVP service to some anonymous assclown, but not support local hustlers?? Chilll, b...

Nah, people that like raffles is because they don't want or have the time to stand in line. If they don't win the raffle, so be it. Move on to the next. Not that big a deal, it's just shoes man. You think most people that prefer raffles care about campers? LMAO.

Standing in line is "slaving" now? Smh, that's hard work? Ok.

Last edited:
its not like this is a re release of the black gold 1s.... why are people so excited about an average looking shoe (if at best)

LOL @ camping meaning you "want it more"
I have to agree.  

With that said, I think we're all getting wrapped up in this by assuming that there are only two options (FCFS vs. RSVP).  I think Nike just needs to get smart about how they do RSVP so bots can't drive the process.  

I would love to wait in line once, just to see what it's like.  With that said, I have a pretty crazy job and two daughters at home that keep me from realistically being able to do it.  Doesn't mean I don't want the shoe, just that I can't wait all night just for a chance to get it.  And I have to be honest that I do think it could get crazy (there have been legit issues at a number of places (21 Mercer, guy shot trying to hold up folks in ATL in June, etc.).

We'll just have to see I guess.  I really don't think Nike is going to go FCFS with this release.  I know SF and others have tweeted they will, I just think that's a lot of risk for them to take on.  My guess is we get an update today or tomorrow that clarifies the whole thing.  Either a change in release date for the 5s, or an adjusted release method.

Last edited:
The Black/Gold 1s weren't the most exciting shoe until people realized they were super limited.  I think we're seeing a bit of the same for the 5s.

^yes, FCFS is just not feasible for some people...for reasons just like yours and so many others. Ive done plenty fcfs releases and out here in the SF bay area it gets CRAZY. Its a given people will get really rowdy, and depending on how the people are acting, and how the stores/ cops are handling the crowds Anything could happen. crap like this is why they started rsvps in the first place...I am interested in what nike might be planning for their next move

Last edited:
If I go to work I make $300, if I take off work I essentially lose $300 (sick day/vacation time). Now if this was a guarantee I could see myself doing it but since Nike wont tell me if they will have my size or how many size runs are available and by the time I drive 90 minutes to Nike Chicago there is no telling how many people will be in line before me with my size, camping sounds insane. I would be better off going to work and using that $300 to buy a pair on the resell market. Not saying that I would because I normally move on to the next shoe if I strike out. However if I could RSVP for $50 or less that would make my total price around $225 which means by using a RSVP service I could save $75.

Its not a matter of how bad you want the shoes. Now it is a battle between what makes the most sense and which method of obtaining the kicks you want gives you the smallest headache. Some of the same cats that used to use RSVP servies are going to be the same cats camping, but I would rather pay $30 than to camp all night. The salt you get from camping out and striking out is worse than getting a RSVP refund. Can't refund you your time and sleep. 

I hate the fact that they always make you come to the store to fill out a raffle ticket, should go to an online system? I hate driving over an hour away to fill out a ticket for a chance to win. 

Back to the actual kicks. Which stores in the Chicago Milwaukee area will be getting the 5s?  

I think there's good, valid points from both sides when it comes FCFS vs. RSVP, but Nike will never be able to please everyone no matter which route they decide to go.

This is what the evolution of in-store Nike releases has looked like the past couple of years:

1. FCFS on release date

2A. FCFS for wristbands for your size

2B. In-store raffle for more limited releases

3. Twitter RSVP - hashtag in tweet

4. Twitter RSVP - hashtag in image

Could it be that Nike stores will be going back to FCFS? I highly doubt it. I think this is just a temporary move until they can improve their RSVP process.

If I go to work I make $300, if I take off work I essentially lose $300 (sick day/vacation time). Now if this was a guarantee I could see myself doing it but since Nike wont tell me if they will have my size or how many size runs are available and by the time I drive 90 minutes to Nike Chicago there is no telling how many people will be in line before me with my size, camping sounds insane. I would be better off going to work and using that $300 to buy a pair on the resell market. Not saying that I would because I normally move on to the next shoe if I strike out. However if I could RSVP for $50 or less that would make my total price around $225 which means by using a RSVP service I could save $75.

Its not a matter of how bad you want the shoes. Now it is a battle between what makes the most sense and which method of obtaining the kicks you want gives you the smallest headache. Some of the same cats that used to use RSVP servies are going to be the same cats camping, but I would rather pay $30 than to camp all night. The salt you get from camping out and striking out is worse than getting a RSVP refund. Can't refund you your time and sleep. 

I hate the fact that they always make you come to the store to fill out a raffle ticket, should go to an online system? I hate driving over an hour away to fill out a ticket for a chance to win. 

Back to the actual kicks. Which stores in the Chicago Milwaukee area will be getting the 5s?  
300 a day? Then whats the big deal.

I'm glad the sneakernerds have to sit this one out..
These arbitrary rsvp prices are getting out of hand..

Maybe Nike alternates between fcfs and rsvp from now on..?
I think that will bring more balance and fairness..

Nah, people that like raffles is because they don't want or have the time to stand in line. If they don't win the raffle, so be it. Move on to the next. Not that big a deal, it's just shoes man. You think most people that prefer raffles care about campers? LMAO.

Standing in line is "slaving" now? Smh, that's hard work? Ok.

Right...But if they can't get the shoes because the campers get them all, wouldn't that fall under the same "not that big a deal, it's just shoes man"??

"Slaving" in the slang meaning...nobody's out picking cotton dude, but standing outside for hours and/or days is considered hard work to some. I work in an office...One of my good friends does construction...I refer to his job as "slaving" all the time. You're splitting hairs because you don't like my usage of the term...changes nothing to my point.

FCFS is just not going to work as a permanent solution in LA or SF. I'm pretty sure Beverly Hills doesn't want ghetto *** teenagers camping out for days and have a repeat of the Motorboat Jones 9 incident where some dummy brought a gun to campout.

Right...But if they can't get the shoes because the campers get them all, wouldn't that fall under the same "not that big a deal, it's just shoes man"??

"Slaving" in the slang meaning...nobody's out picking cotton dude, but standing outside for hours and/or days is considered hard work to some. I work in an office...One of my good friends does construction...I refer to his job as "slaving" all the time. You're splitting hairs because you don't like my usage of the term...changes nothing to my point.

Me personally, I could give a rats *** about a camper. Others may care, but I don't. If its FCFS, I'm already moving on because I'm not camping. It's that simple for me. I don't get how just because I prefer raffles, means I'm knocking campers for doing what they do?

And yes I know what slaving means. I just thought it was funny. Your friend doing construction is slaving, which makes standing in line, a paradise. Just saying.

Last edited:
After spending like crazy through most of 2012 and half of 2013, its nice to have some pairs come out that I just don't feel anything for. I wasn't feeling the green glows even though they aren't bad imo, but these, I just feel no connection to... 0 for 3... regardless of if they are GR, or QS or whatever label they want to throw on them to build the machine... but i'm glad about that, hoping someone else who wants them can get em for retail... also, anyone know anything about the materials used on each? any tumbled leather or suedes, or is it mostly the buck family?

FCFS is just not going to work as a permanent solution in LA or SF. I'm pretty sure Beverly Hills doesn't want ghetto *** teenagers camping out for days and have a repeat of the Motorboat Jones 9 incident where some dummy brought a gun to campout.

I was there for that gun incident. I couldn't believe I was in that situation. Ridiculous. :smh:

I wonder if the fear 5 will be the release that people finally say... They were super exclusive and hard to get.... but they're only worth 200. I missed. Screw off resellers.
Wishful thinking.

Back
Top Bottom