Air Jordan Future Featuring xi sole 2014

not wearing shoes on the grass....

ok im done
you know you may have to walk through grass to get to the curb or something..lol i cant be too anal to the point i have to walk around just to avoid grass and dirt.. with protection i can walk anywhere..and when im home at the most i can just get a rag and wipe them back icey... and when the protection gets dirty.. peel off and reapply.. Still icey under

wow... 
mean.gif

yeah but its just redunkculous I now hate all his pairs of shoes that aren't yellowed like my opinion is his shoes are fake because they don't age, like I hope the uppers get mud splashed on them or something or the sole just falls off just something to bring the natural balance of shoes aging like they're supposed to, I feel it's just tacky to not have shoes that are 2yrs or older and not have some yellowing it's just
sick.gif
 it ain't natural
mean.gif

laugh.gif

yeah but its just redunkculous I now hate all his pairs of shoes that aren't yellowed like my opinion is his shoes are fake because they don't age, like I hope the uppers get mud splashed on them or something or the sole just falls off just something to bring the natural balance of shoes aging like they're supposed to, I feel it's just tacky to not have shoes that are 2yrs or older and not have some yellowing it's just
sick.gif
 it ain't natural
mean.gif

laugh.gif
you should see my photos of my gym green pros.. I bought a pair DS.. and they had that Red tint.. Got my Home made sauce and two days later.. Icey white then I went and protected them.. On my twitter I bought a pair of Jordan XVI's and i did wonders with those.. they were brown/red and now they are white..not super perfect but they are icey now..

sick.gif
 it ain't natural
mean.gif

laugh.gif
you should see my photos of my gym green pros.. I bought a pair DS.. and they had that Red tint.. Got my Home made sauce and two days later.. Icey white then I went and protected them.. On my twitter I bought a pair of Jordan XVI's and i did wonders with those.. they were brown/red and now they are white..not super perfect but they are icey now..
my bred XVIs are yellowed and I couldn't be happier they're nice and vintage like the rest of my old kicks even my white foams are finally starting to show a lil yellow nice and real shoes

my bred XVIs are yellowed and I couldn't be happier they're nice and vintage like the rest of my old kicks even my white foams are finally starting to show a lil yellow nice and real shoes

While I agree that that they will yellow over time, the word vintage isn't the word. Save that term when referring to an older Ferrari or Porsche. Yellowed sneakers are just old and/or worn. Some like the look, some don't. Personally I like them to look new for as long as possible.

There is nothing good looking about a yellowed sole on a Jordan, to me.

I always passed them on at the yellowing point but, I'll be trying that YouTube process this time around.

I finally got me a pair of Futures.. The Teal ones.. paid about 85 after discoutns and this and that.. they are lovely.. and I also protected the bottom so when i rock them.. the sole stays icey.. ill post photos soon.. they are pretty comfy but alot of my XI heads dont like how they look..
How did you protect the bottom?

Iron Green/White
These look nice, but really, it seems like just a different shade from the black and navy ones. Are we coming to this now? Where we produce new colour ways which are just a shade different?
Where have you been for the past 25 years of Jordan Brand existence lol.

People still eat them up, so why stop? I doubt JB cares if they sit on shelves, they are still probably making bank off the units they DO sell.

While I agree that that they will yellow over time, the word vintage isn't the word. Save that term when referring to an older Ferrari or Porsche. Yellowed sneakers are just old and/or worn. Some like the look, some don't. Personally I like them to look new for as long as possible.
denoting something of high quality, especially something from the past or characteristic of the best period of a person's work.

"a vintage Sherlock Holmes adventure" and vintage started as something to describe whine, so if a car can be vintage and a book can be vintage, and a record can be vintage, any tangible good can be vintage, shoes included and its one thing to have your shoes icey for +2yrs but if you have 13yr old shoes they shouldn't be icey makes them look fake as if you got them from one of those variant websites

denoting something of high quality, especially something from the past or characteristic of the best period of a person's work.
"a vintage Sherlock Holmes adventure" and vintage started as something to describe whine, so if a car can be vintage and a book can be vintage, and a record can be vintage, any tangible good can be vintage, shoes included and its one thing to have your shoes icey for +2yrs but if you have 13yr old shoes they shouldn't be icey makes them look fake as if you got them from one of those variant websites

No they look as they should when they were purchased. Saying they would look like they are fake is ludicrous. They would look maintained. If shoe manufacturers actually took the time to find out ways the soles wouldn't yellow, it wouldn't even be an issue, and I doubt people would be saying they like the yellowed look. You might as well buy shoes that are older and started to yellow rather than buying new retros.

No they look as they should when they were purchased. Saying they would look like they are fake is ludicrous. They would look maintained. If shoe manufacturers actually took the time to find out ways the soles wouldn't yellow, it wouldn't even be an issue, and I doubt people would be saying they like the yellowed look. You might as well buy shoes that are older and started to yellow rather than buying new retros.
the last retro i brought was the bred XIIIs imho if yellow soles bother you so much don't buy clear soled shoes, i think its ludacris to go through so much to restore or keep it "icey" everything in life ages everything has a carbon date period the lengths you go to keep something "preserved" reminds me of famous people that go get plastic surgery to keep themselves looking younger, for example i've been going gray since i was in highschool, you think i went and brought some just for mens
laugh.gif
 oh and one last thing i'm actually watching some older kicks that have yellowed soles and if the price is right will buy now lets get back to these futures and not derail the thread anymore

the last retro i brought was the bred XIIIs imho if yellow soles bother you so much don't buy clear soled shoes, i think its ludacris to go through so much to restore or keep it "icey" everything in life ages everything has a carbon date period the lengths you go to keep something "preserved" reminds me of famous people that go get plastic surgery to keep themselves looking younger, for example i've been going gray since i was in highschool, you think i went and brought some just for mens
laugh.gif
 oh and one last thing i'm actually watching some older kicks that have yellowed soles and if the price is right will buy now lets get back to these futures and not derail the thread anymore
on anew pair.. just 15-30 minuts can say you hours/days and many restoring sessions.. so for me.. its worth it.. for my KC lebrons i went OVER DRIVE in protection.. Bottoms and the hyperposite material.. some friends had theirs trached and im like.. shuold protected it..And ive bough older shoes that i have restored too.. thats what i did with my XVI's.. got a good price and made it happen.

laugh.gif
on anew pair.. just 15-30 minuts can say you hours/days and many restoring sessions.. so for me.. its worth it.. for my KC lebrons i went OVER DRIVE in protection.. Bottoms and the hyperposite material.. some friends had theirs trached and im like.. shuold protected it..And ive bough older shoes that i have restored too.. thats what i did with my XVI's.. got a good price and made it happen.
i guess i'm just that guy that feels like this, there are new shoes coming out constantly and i don't wear my shoes enough for it to truly matter, i also don't aviod grass, dirt, or whatever's in a parking lot, don't care if the suede gets ashy or dirty and once they're finally creased to ah 7734 or i just realize that they hold no sentimental value to me and are just sitting in my closet off to goodwell they go, i have a sneaker show coming up in my city and i'm gonna let go of a lot of shoes, i may even do a one time cleaning or more like dusting since they're just sitting in my closet

laugh.gif
Never said they bothered me, my point is that there is no way yellowed sneakers look better than ones that aren't yellowed.  I'm sure if you bought a pair brand new from JB and they were yellowed, I'm sure you wouldn't have pleased and definitely wouldn't call them vintage.  But at the end of the day, what you like is what you like, and what you do with your sneakers is up to you.

@CleanestNdaCity  your twisting words, i said having a shoe icey for like 2yrs is fine but at some point it needs to age, there's a difference between buying a brand new shoe from nike and a 6yr old shoe from ebay the latter should be yellowed

@CleanestNdaCity
 your twisting words, i said having a shoe icey for like 2yrs is fine but at some point it needs to age, there's a difference between buying a brand new shoe from nike and a 6yr old shoe from ebay the latter should be yellowed
View media item 1131317

With that premise about aging, anything that gets old (i.e. homes, cars, yourself, etc) should show their age, rather than keeping them looking nice for as long as possible.

Back
Top Bottom