Air Jordan II “Chicago” December 30th 2022

The leather on the 2010 pair was garbage and it made them pretty uncomfortable to walk in. They also creased really weird, my pair wouldn't crease where the toe is it would crease like between the first 2 eyelets are at the bottom of the sneaker.

Bro. Those creases were beyond weird. I stopped wearing them because it just looked too awkward. Like my shoes looked 100 yrs old with a camel hump at the toe area......and I don't even think I wore them 5x.

The leather on the 2010 pair was garbage and it made them pretty uncomfortable to walk in. They also creased really weird, my pair wouldn't crease where the toe is it would crease like between the first 2 eyelets are at the bottom of the sneaker.

Didn't find them uncomfortable because the insole and midsole was fine, but the leather was bad.

Didn't find them uncomfortable because the insole and midsole was fine, but the leather was bad.
Agreed. The leather was the only problem I had with em but it was a dealbreaker for me because it felt like my toe knuckles were being pinched due to the creasing being near the 2 eyelets instead of the actual toebox. When these last retroed thats around the time when JB started with the plasticky leather. I remember the Powder Blue 9's came out that year and had the same leather too.

96452F44-AD27-49E9-99AA-3A6AFED4F126.jpeg

The blue print

Seeing how everyone gonna say they are fake anyway, why does it matter? The early pics look decent and I know I will be happy with my pair.
We got people who like what they see, and some will say they are fake, and at the same time bash JB for what they see.??? Love it. Cant wait to get these.

No way you regret not copping those. They were the worst iteration of this shoe in history. The quality was some of the worst ever. They were literally made of plastic. If you looked at them too hard they creased up on you. 💩🤮
nah like, back then I dreamt of getting each pair of MJ's signature shoes and rocking them to death. I didn't really care about the quality at that time as long as i felt like I was playing like him whenever I wear 'em on the court :lol: and the fact that I saw it heavily discounted on an outlet store in my size didn't help :lol:

The photos that released yesterday have me actually wanting a pair of Jordans for the first time in a few years. Since my epiphany back in mid 2020, I have no urge to buy stuff that I don't need. Heck, I with the exception of the 3 OG color Huaraches (screams, Aquatones, Magentas) I haven't bought anything in several years! And truthfully, I don't want to. My collecting days are over! But these....these hit me.

Seeing that I still have my 1994 Retro 2s in really great, albeit unwearable condition (leather is great, midsole is all cracked as I wore them so sparingly but I did wear them to the Jordan Brand Jumpman Truck on South St in Philly many years ago) and I still have the box and the original retro card, these are going to be the first Jordan I bought in years! As an old head (45 going on 46 in a few months) my collecting days are done and am getting rid of 95% of my shoes. But I said to myself I would buy something IF it was special. And I've already told Nelson C Nelson C on IG that these to me are special. 🔥🔥

But let's be honest, I'm already expecting that L and I won't go overboard trying for them. If they are available, great. If not, so be it. All the Hypebeasts and IG influencers looking for "likes" and the resellers looking for that $30 flip, do us old heads and OG sneakerheads a BIG favor and stay away from these! I'm sure there will be some Dunk or some Yeezy you can snatch up but leave these to us old heads and true sneakerheads (you know who you are 👍👍).

The photos that released yesterday have me actually wanting a pair of Jordans for the first time in a few years. Since my epiphany back in mid 2020, I have no urge to buy stuff that I don't need. Heck, I with the exception of the 3 OG color Huaraches (screams, Aquatones, Magentas) I haven't bought anything in several years! And truthfully, I don't want to. My collecting days are over! But these....these hit me.

Seeing that I still have my 1994 Retro 2s in really great, albeit unwearable condition (leather is great, midsole is all cracked as I wore them so sparingly but I did wear them to the Jordan Brand Jumpman Truck on South St in Philly many years ago) and I still have the box and the original retro card, these are going to be the first Jordan I bought in years! As an old head (45 going on 46 in a few months) my collecting days are done and am getting rid of 95% of my shoes. But I said to myself I would buy something IF it was special. And I've already told Nelson C Nelson C on IG that these to me are special. 🔥🔥

But let's be honest, I'm already expecting that L and I won't go overboard trying for them. If they are available, great. If not, so be it. All the Hypebeasts and IG influencers looking for "likes" and the resellers looking for that $30 flip, do us old heads and OG sneakerheads a BIG favor and stay away from these! I'm sure there will be some Dunk or some Yeezy you can snatch up but leave these to us old heads and true sneakerheads (you know who you are 👍👍).
Yeah, my collecting days are over as well. Went on about a 4 year hiatus before the recraft 90’s dropped. Now that JB and Nike has started to fix the shape on some of my favorites, I find myself buying more and more lol.

After looking at the Two 18 2s for the first time I noticed 2 things: one the ankle collar is overly puffy too, and the shoe is a 8.5, however has the 4 plastic eyestay. These early pairs are likely fakes, but knowing how the factories have accessibility to the final production pair. That MAYBE the eyestay on all sizes.

After looking at the Two 18 2s for the first time I noticed 2 things: one the ankle collar is overly puffy too, and the shoe is a 8.5, however has the 4 plastic eyestay. These early pairs are likely fakes, but knowing how the factories have accessibility to the final production pair. That MAYBE the eyestay on all sizes.

As far as I can tell, II Lows have consistently had 4 plastic overlays since that 2016 run. But the A Ma Maniéres and J Balvins are highs and both have the right amount as well, and the AMMs keep that number on all men's sizes.

These early pictures could very well be fake, but there's also just the chance that these were made before they fixed it like the Maison Château Rouges were.

Back
Top Bottom